LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    Silent Assassin Esirnus's Avatar
    Member #
    35819
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Is it me or are there more and more of these "i want my wii to be more like my xbox 360" threads.

    If online gaming is your focus play on your 360.

    Wii has a novel controller interface, its game catalogue is growing rapidly, not to mention further innovation with the motion sensor contollers.

    how much energy must be wasted on this topic?

    Es

    _________________________________________________
    Wii Games - Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda:TP, Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Red Steel, Ratatouille
    Wii Hardware - 2 Wiimotes + Nunchucks - Classic Controller, USB Docking station (for 2 wiimotes).
    Virtual Console - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Excite Bike.

    _________________________________________________


  2. #12
    New Wii Addict Bumble14's Avatar
    Member #
    44744
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I wonder how long people are going to use the "Wii just hit its 1 year mark" excuse :P Ive been hearing it as an answer to everything :P

    Anyway, more online for Wii would be nice. But since I got the 360/PS3 I dont personally care for it. Even if all their games had online, I would still play on my 360 cuz it has better overall games. Especially when it comes to multiplayer. But for the Wii only owners, it would be something they should really want.

    Also, people need to stop using the "why dont you go buy a 360" as an answer also. What if people dont want to play 360 games online? What if I want to play Wii games online? I would have loved to play Metroid Prime 3 in a deathmatch arena. Which obviously you cannot do on a 360.
    Honestly can you say that you would rather play wii games online over the plethora of great online 360 titles out there? Yeah, Metroid would be fun, but does the fact that I can not play Metroid online make me angry? No..In fact, I could care less..because I have Halo3, and COD4, and Rainbow Six Vegas, etc...What wii games that are out would you place ahead of those 360 games online?

    If online gaming is a huge priority to you, the wii is not your first choice, pure and simple as that.

  3. #13
    New Wii Addict Bumble14's Avatar
    Member #
    44744
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Esirnus
    Is it me or are there more and more of these "i want my wii to be more like my xbox 360" threads.

    If online gaming is your focus play on your 360.

    Wii has a novel controller interface, its game catalogue is growing rapidly, not to mention further innovation with the motion sensor contollers.

    how much energy must be wasted on this topic?

    Es
    **standing ovation*** THANK YOU!!!!

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I wonder how long people are going to use the "Wii just hit its 1 year mark" excuse :P Ive been hearing it as an answer to everything :P

    Also, people need to stop using the "why dont you go buy a 360" as an answer also. What if people dont want to play 360 games online? What if I want to play Wii games online? I would have loved to play Metroid Prime 3 in a deathmatch arena. Which obviously you cannot do on a 360.
    I would imagine that people would stop saying the '1 year thing' by the end of 2008, as by then the Wii and developers would have had long enough to produce the kind of games that everyone wants.

    I think all 3 consoles had a reasonable first year (although PS3 had a slow start it is catching up now and this year should be a good one for PS3 owners) but there is no denying that the 360/PS3 have had much better offerings in the online department. I dont worry about the quality of Wii online too much at the moment though because its free and i dont expect it to ever be able to match the 360s. In fact i doubt any console will ever outdo Xbox Live because you get what you pay for.

    Metroid Prime 3 shouldnt have had online as the series works better as single player games. A new Metroid game specifically designed for online would be great though, something like Hunters but better.

  5. #15
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble14
    Honestly can you say that you would rather play wii games online over the plethora of great online 360 titles out there? Yeah, Metroid would be fun, but does the fact that I can not play Metroid online make me angry? No..In fact, I could care less..because I have Halo3, and COD4, and Rainbow Six Vegas, etc...What wii games that are out would you place ahead of those 360 games online?

    If online gaming is a huge priority to you, the wii is not your first choice, pure and simple as that.

    Just because your favorite online games are FPS doesnt mean everyones will be... Nintendo will offer a breath of fresh air to online.. not the Same old FPS games over and over again with a different story line... FPS have dominated the online world and i dont think Nintendo should really even bother with it.. they arnt going to lead in that area although the gameplay is better for a FPS the big titles and fans are still on the other consoles, nintendo can do them as well but they wont lead FPS this gen thats for sure...

    but sports games,racing games,fighting games, these are the games nintendo will get in large numbers, and will do great online... not to mention there own exclusive 1st party multi players that will do very well online.. Wii isnt going to be the Leader of online, but atleast they will open up the genre more to include more games online, than the "hardcore" FPS again and again... i got bored with that with xbox...

  6. #16
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    But since I got the 360/PS3 I dont personally care for it. Even if all their games had online, I would still play on my 360 cuz it has better overall games. Especially when it comes to multiplayer.
    As you can see bumble, I wouldnt. As of now atleast... Since Wii isnt so big on FPS even though their console would be great for more FPS titles, their arent many online games worth playing. The other type of online game I like is RPG, but Wii has none. Niether does 360 (for online) but they will with Too Human and Fable 2. They do with KUF:COD but that game sucks.

    But anyway, I wasn't talking about me. I was speaking for the people who only own a Wii who cannot play those 360 games, or maybe just dont want to. There's alot of people who do not like CoD4 and Halo. Now, maybe they're just lying because they dont have a 360, but either way they can't play it. So don't you think hardcore Nintendo fans want online? If not FPS games, maybe boxing games, baseball games (baseball owns on the Wii), etc. On a plus side, most games with a Multiplayer mode has online.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  7. #17
    New Wii Addict Bumble14's Avatar
    Member #
    44744
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Just because your favorite online games are FPS doesnt mean everyones will be... Nintendo will offer a breath of fresh air to online.. not the Same old FPS games over and over again with a different story line... FPS have dominated the online world and i dont think Nintendo should really even bother with it.. they arnt going to lead in that area although the gameplay is better for a FPS the big titles and fans are still on the other consoles, nintendo can do them as well but they wont lead FPS this gen thats for sure...

    but sports games,racing games,fighting games, these are the games nintendo will get in large numbers, and will do great online... not to mention there own exclusive 1st party multi players that will do very well online.. Wii isnt going to be the Leader of online, but atleast they will open up the genre more to include more games online, than the "hardcore" FPS again and again... i got bored with that with xbox...
    I just mentioned FPS's because those are the top games right now on both systems online. I think you are forgetting about the Madden titles, all of EA's sports offerings, NBA 2K's, Forza 2, Project Gotham, Grand Turismo Online, Gears of War (not a FPS), the many addictive xbox live arcade titles (Uno, TMNT 1989) Virtua Fighter 5 Online...the list goes on and on.

    Nintendo isn't going to do anything online, nor make a dent in the online community. Ever wonder why the big N isn't putting a whole lot of time or resources into the online gig? Maybe it's because they realize that there is no way they will ever be profitable, or even make a dent in the community that relishes in online gaming. It isn't worth their time to implement that strategy when the majority of the Wii's install base (gamers who already own a 360/ps3, very young gamers, older gamers who bought the system bc of the novelty of it) have NO interest in the machine becoming an online gaming machine.

    Face the facts everyone, the Wii is simply going to offer a very vanilla, watered down online function that will work with games like Mario Kart and SSBB. It's been said several times--if online gaming is this important to you, then you should go purchase a 360 or PS3. The wii is just going to offer gamers a pretty bland online experience..and I for one am ok with that.

  8. #18
    New Wii Addict Bumble14's Avatar
    Member #
    44744
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    As you can see bumble, I wouldnt. As of now atleast... Since Wii isnt so big on FPS even though their console would be great for more FPS titles, their arent many online games worth playing. The other type of online game I like is RPG, but Wii has none. Niether does 360 (for online) but they will with Too Human and Fable 2. They do with KUF:COD but that game sucks.

    But anyway, I wasn't talking about me. I was speaking for the people who only own a Wii who cannot play those 360 games, or maybe just dont want to. There's alot of people who do not like CoD4 and Halo. Now, maybe they're just lying because they dont have a 360, but either way they can't play it. So don't you think hardcore Nintendo fans want online? If not FPS games, maybe boxing games, baseball games (baseball owns on the Wii), etc. On a plus side, most games with a Multiplayer mode has online.


    Do you even realize how difficult it is to translate complex motion controls like batting or other sports techniques into an online game? The lag is absolutely horrendous in Madden 08, and it will be even worse the more complex control schemes you get.

    Sorry guys, the wii was never designed to utilize online gaming....just deal with it.

  9. #19
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Im sure everyone knows that. People who think Nintendo will improve is going to be in for a disappointment... Not a suprise, or atleast shouldn't be because its expected. Nintendo fans have a higher chance of having better online in the next console than expecting it for later on this year. Nintendo is making too much money off the casual market to worry about the hardcore much. Even then, alot of hardcore Nintendo fans dont care about online either way because they really only care about Nintendo titles, most of which are not Multiplayer. Mario Kart and SSBB will be the biggest titles of Nintendo in 2008, I think.... and they will also be the biggest online titles for Nintendo in 08.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  10. #20
    Union Spinty's Avatar
    Member #
    30452
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    216
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    Mario Kart and SSBB will be the biggest titles of video gaming in 2008. SSBB being my early prediction for GOTY 2008. But about the motion sensing in online games; how could that add to any lag of play. Surely that's only down to server speed?

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts