Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    the fact that its motion sensing has nothing to do with its online ability, in the end its still translated into the basic up down left right forward back commands.... same as any game its just the way you make it move that way on the console that is different...

the online will still be good.. games like MK SSBB will be a nice change of pace from the majority of online games..

will it ever be better than xbox live? probably not if they keep it free... they make zero dollars with online games and most acctually loose money unless you wanna start tossing up commercial breaks every 15 minutes on a server you never will make money...

you can however charge a monthly premium for a better online service like xbox live does, and WOW ect.. and you can expect to get a better overall online experience. and in the end a larger library of games dedicated to online because they can make a profit doing it that way...

your comparing apples to oranges here... the online is different in everyway, games types ,price,quality...you pay for what you want...

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I wonder how long people are going to use the "Wii just hit its 1 year mark" excuse :P Ive been hearing it as an answer to everything :P

Anyway, more online for Wii would be nice. But since I got the 360/PS3 I dont personally care for it. Even if all their games had online, I would still play on my 360 cuz it has better overall games. Especially when it comes to multiplayer. But for the Wii only owners, it would be something they should really want.

Also, people need to stop using the "why dont you go buy a 360" as an answer also. What if people dont want to play 360 games online? What if I want to play Wii games online? I would have loved to play Metroid Prime 3 in a deathmatch arena. Which obviously you cannot do on a 360.
    Well technically, you could use the excuse. Considering it was its first year which saw barely any online games, and the one's we did get were not too great. Mainly because Nintendo has not been big on online in the past and are just starting to get the ball rolling. Games like Brawl and Animal Crossing could have great online, online can be done on the Wii.

Also, the thing is with most Nintendo games, online play just wouldn't work.
    I know you used Metroid Prime 3 as an example, but the online in that game would have just been weird. Honestly, I never once thought Super Smash Bros. would have an online game, I just didn't think it would work. Games like Animal Crossing would work nicely with Online play if done right.

What Nintendo needs to do is make more games that would be good online material, like you suggested..More FPS's etc. But if Nintendo plans on keeping pace with their casual stuff, online for Wii may never be accomplished, at least not to what it could be.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    If SSBB doesnt win its obviously going to be nominated in all GOTY awards. Im pretty sure it will win, thats how popular it is. Especially since all the other major AAA titles for 360 have already passed, exept for Fable 2. MGS4 could be nominated too. But as for MY GOTY, it won't be SSBB. Im 20 and im past Mario. I still like it, just not as much as I used to. So thats why I didnt say best of Video gaming.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Well technically, you could use the excuse. Considering it was its first year which saw barely any online games, and the one's we did get were not too great. Mainly because Nintendo has not been big on online in the past and are just starting to get the ball rolling. Games like Brawl and Animal Crossing could have great online, online can be done on the Wii.

Also, the thing is with most Nintendo games, online play just wouldn't work.
    I know you used Metroid Prime 3 as an example, but the online in that game would have just been weird. Honestly, I never once thought Super Smash Bros. would have an online game, I just didn't think it would work. Games like Animal Crossing would work nicely with Online play if done right.

What Nintendo needs to do is make more games that would be good online material, like you suggested..More FPS's etc. But if Nintendo plans on keeping pace with their casual stuff, online for Wii may never be accomplished, at least not to what it could be.
    I mean that people were using the 1 year excuse for everything. Its obviously true, because the best gaming of a console usually comes after the 1st year. But thats USUALLY. The reason why I think this about Wii is because, its so similar to Gamecube graphically that it wasn't hard for Nintendo to start development before Wii was released. So its possible, that as far as Nintendo games go, 2007 could be their best overall. I think SSBB and Mario Kart will be their best. Other games will be good, but nothing great as 2007 year.

And yes, I dont think at this pace of keeping casual gamers happy, Wii will not really improve online much. I think that may happen in the next console.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    they have yet to tap the multi player "mario titles" on wii yet... and almost all of them, baseball,tennis,golf will probably be online just like strikers is... granted SB and MK are two of the most popular multiplayer/online possibal games in nintendos lineup and probably be the biggest sellers... but its just a piece of the current library... not to mention whatever Wii specific 1st party games we get because of the motion controll...

with more and more 3rd partys saying they are going to make games for the Wii im not all that concerned...
    the great online games will still be in the 3rd party format because they have dedicated alot of time to it... the nintendo titles its just going to be nice extra change with what we already know...
    The ground breaking stuff will be comming from the 3rd party developers once they really get into the motion controll and start designing games specifically aimed twards that... i still wouldnt expect anything "ground breaking" till mid 2008 till closer to christmas just because of how long it took for them to come around to the Wii

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i have both a wii and 360 and i really like the wii's online, not because of gaming but because of the channels, i sped ages mucking around in them lol

Member #
    Friends
    HEY!! can anyone tell me if i can play donwloaded SNES games with a normal 64 controller

Member #
    Friends
    n/m i tried and obviously it doesnt work without an adapter
    what about with an adapter
    Last edited by devon2008; 01-16-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by devon2008
    HEY!! can anyone tell me if i can play donwloaded SNES games with a normal 64 controller
    Off topic but,
    If you're talking about playing it on the Wii then no.

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

Member #
    Friends
    I wouldnt be expecting anything groundbreaking from 3rd parties ever. They hardly make AAA titles. Orange Box and COD4 were AAA titles. Maybe 1 or 2 more, but I cant think of any right this moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads