Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

system help other consoles

I don't know what form to put this under, but help me make a decition, all my life just about i bought only nintendo products of course i bought the dremcast and ps1, but I have nothing against the wii, its a great system with somewhat kickass games but I'm think on a wanna play more mature video games ago like x-box 360 or ps2 or ps3. what should i get x-box 360 or ps3?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Depends, what kind of games you want? Do you like online? Whats your budget? etc. etc.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Personally, I like the 360. Yes it has technical issues, but its not nearly as bad as some people say. It has as good as graphics as the PS3, and its cheaper. Good library of games since its been out for 2 years compared to the PS3 1.

Have you tried the RE for Wii? Those are mature games.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    5381-6822-1655-4361
    I know little about either, but based on info I get from other boards, more people recommend the Xbox.

Member #
    Friends
    There are quite a few 'mature' type games on Wii such as Resident Evil:4, Resident Evil: UC, The Godfather, Scarface, Splinter Cell, Mortal Kombat, Manhunt 2 and the upcoming No More Heroes. Id expect any M rated PS2 games released in the future would also be on Wii as well.

As for choosing between a 360 and PS3 that depends what you want from the system. I would look at the exclusive titles and pick which one has more that interests you. Unless you specifically want a Blueray player for movies i dont think that there is too much to choose between them.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    For wii for mature games i have godfather,scarface, MK armagedon, RE4. Thinking on buying no more hero's. Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by castlezelda
    For wii for mature games i have godfather,scarface, MK armagedon, RE4. Thinking on buying no more hero's. Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?
    PS3 has built in Bluray while with the 360 you need to by seperate hardware to play HD-DVD's.

Bluray and HD-DVD are basiclly the same quality wise. It looks like slowly HD-DVD is losing market share though.
    Last edited by Big_League_Slugger; 01-16-2008 at 01:38 PM.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by castlezelda
    Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?
    360 uses standard DVDs with the HD DVD drive being an optional extra for HD movies.

PS3 uses Blueray disks that can hold a lot more than a standard DVD and can play Blueray movies.

DVD single layer - 4.7 GB, DVD dual layer - 8.5 GB
    Blueray single layer - 25 GB, Blueray dual layer - 50 GB
    HD DVD single layer - 15 GB, HD DVD dual layer - 30 GB

In the future Blueray could go up to 200 GB though.

In terms of gaming it dosent make much difference at the moment though as no developer is going to fill up a Blueray disk, a game that big would just cost too much to make so the only games that might even come close are future PS3 exclusives. Multiplatform games are usually developed with the 360 in mind first though so they are virtually identical on both formats.

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    360 uses standard DVDs with the HD DVD drive being an optional extra for HD movies.

PS3 uses Blueray disks that can hold a lot more than a standard DVD and can play Blueray movies.

DVD single layer - 4.7 GB, DVD dual layer - 8.5 GB
    Blueray single layer - 25 GB, Blueray dual layer - 50 GB
    HD DVD single layer - 15 GB, HD DVD dual layer - 30 GB

In the future Blueray could go up to 200 GB though.

In terms of gaming it dosent make much difference at the moment though as no developer is going to fill up a Blueray disk, a game that big would just cost too much to make so the only games that might even come close are future PS3 exclusives. Multiplatform games are usually developed with the 360 in mind first though so they are virtually identical on both formats.
    Nice post.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    will x-box 360 allow me to surf the net like the wii does? Now multiplayer onlines games aren't for me. But whats the mnost voilent game for 360 any of you recommend? So let me get this straight blu-ray and HD are same quility? does 360 have VC channel like the wii? or what is this ps3 home thingy people r talking about? if i buy 360, can I buy castlevania SOTN which i would love to play again.

Ads