LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth it?

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    Buy a wii, and keep your ps2 games on the side, buy the ps3 in about 2 years when good games come out for it and perhaps the price might drop for it too!
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    best time to every get a wii is now because of game selection and theres great games on there way.

depends were you live to be honest. if america i would defo get one as game release dates.
    and just keep your ps2 hooked up or at the side..im currently playing ff7
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    This is a Wii forum. So the answer is "yes".

I don't own a PS2. I haven't owned another game system since my first, which was an original NES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Here's how forums work. If you ask a Wii forum whether Wii, Xbox or PS3 would be worth buying, Wii will be the answer. If you ask Xbox forum, Xbox will be the answer, same with PS3.

It all depends on the types of games you want. If you are expecting to get games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, etc. Chances are its not happening. The types of games Wii has are much different from the other consoles. Also if you are expecting alot of FPS because of the Wii-mote aiming, its also not true so far... There's only a few FPS games so far, I could probably count them on my hands or maybe just one hand.

You should read about the consoles on wikipedia, then go to websites like gamestop.com, ign.com, gameinformer.com, etc. Then look at the games and screenshots for the type of games you play. Then maybe watch video clips of those games on youtube.com to get an idea of how the gameplay is.

But, if you are worried about playing your PS2 games, the 40gig PS3 does not have backward compatability and it costs $400, the 80gig does have backward compatability but costs $500. They no longer make the 20gig and 60gig version so thats out of the question.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i have a PS2 with about 80 games, i got a wii on launch, have 25 games, havent played PS2 since got my wii.

so yeah

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    0268-1297-5512-7485
    There are too many fanboys on this forum who are obviously going to say Wii, but if you can afford it then go for PS3. Sony have dominated the console market for the past 10 years, for many reasons. Stick with Sony. PS3 will piss on everything in the next 12-18 months, just you wait and see.

WII GAMES:-
    Wii Sports (obviously!)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    The Godfather. Blackhand Edition

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduk200
    i have a PS2 with about 80 games, i got a wii on launch, have 25 games, havent played PS2 since got my wii.

so yeah

same here(i didn't get mine on release day, but same situation). I've played my PS2 maybe a dozen times since i got my Wii though, and that's only for Gran Turismo 4(rarely), GTA3(very rarely), Okami(which is coming to Wii anyway) and some DDR and that's only because Hottest Party SUCKED. Aside from those 4 titles though i can't remember playing ps2

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    1649-9035-4661-7580
    If I would you I will buy te Wii because I think it is the best out there. PS3 and 360 are great with graphics but I do it for the fun of it so I do say why not get the Wii you cant go wrong

Member #
    Friends
    you are late. you can sell your p2 console and games on ebay and buy a wii + some games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BtnJoe
    There are too many fanboys on this forum who are obviously going to say Wii, but if you can afford it then go for PS3. Sony have dominated the console market for the past 10 years, for many reasons. Stick with Sony. PS3 will piss on everything in the next 12-18 months, just you wait and see.
    Im willing to bet Sony will be in last place the whole generation. They dominated the last 2 generations. It doesnt mean they're gonna stay the best. Even in 2008 I still think it will be last place.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads