Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Actually their is an article about it on gamespot. The graphics are better than PS2/Gamecube but right beneath Xbox.
    I'd think it was close but its hard to judge things like graphics unless its a large leap in tech.. based on game to game i doubt anyone could tell the differance between the two playing the same game.. Still technically at best its top level of Last Gen graphics... Id like to see how much they claim the xbox beats the wii by in graphics and how... its really hard to compare chip to chip when even they accell in specific areas...

But no one buys the wii for graphics anyways... Its all in the Gameplay that makes the Wii a good console
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-17-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I think they are fine. I also own a PS3, and formerly a 360, and no, they are not equal to them, but then again, your talking 480P, if component, VS true HD.

Frankly, with as much fun as the Wii is, and with games like Zelda and SMG, it really doesn't matter. They look great all on their own, and the gameplay speaks for itself. (Also Metroid Prime 3 - looks amazing if you ask me all things considered).

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Depends what type of t.v. you have too, if your still using a SDTV or an EDTV your not going ot notice much differance at all... colors might be a little sharper but they can only produce as good of a picture as your screen will allow...

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    its better than ps2 and xbox but not as good as ps3 and xbox 360... kinda between gens on graphics but way above anything else on gameplay... "wiimote motion sensing" ill make it easy

graphics
    ps2 < Gamecube < xbox < Wii > 360 = PS3

gameplay
    gamecube=xbox=ps2=360 < ps3 "some motion control" < Wii "alot of motion control"

they all have there strong and weak points...
    You know, the capability of motion control doesn't necessarily mean a console has better gameplay. You certainly cannot argue that Chicken Shoot is a better game than Halo 3, because CS has motion control, can you?

Honestly, I'd still go with the 360 having better gameplay than the Wii...for now, at least. The reality is that the games are what determine the quality of a consoles gameplay. At this time, the Wii has very few good titles, almost none of which really use motion control much.

On a similar note, the motion control that has been thus far implemented in Wii games has been utterly disappointing. The vast majority of motions are just pretty darn much gimmicky waggles. Most could EASILY just be assigned to buttons and really aren't doing much that could be considered revolutionary. This should change; but how many more years must we wait?

Member #
    Friends
    Well just look at res evil chron... right now they are a little bit better than GC graphics yet if you look at SMG and brawl this is a pretty good upgrade for the price you pay for the system. The HD systems have lots of raw power thats already taped yet the GC never really got back to rogue squadron type visuals even in nintendo's camp. The next wave of games for the hardcore will keep pushing this. I mean if the PS2 can be pushed then I'm looking forward to what happens when some graphic wizard get a hold of this system.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by lenitao3
    obviously they are good, something between ps2 and xbox360.....
    Well, thats not exactly the case.

Considering Gamecube technically was better than Ps2 graphics wise, it just never got pushed to its potential. And the Wii is 1.5 - 2 times more powerful than the Gamecube was so Wii has the graphic jump over the Ps2 easily.

I would say its more in between the Xbox and Xbox 360 range, if I had to compare it to anything. Honestly, Wii has had some better looking games than what Xbox dished out in its time for the most part anyways. I read that article, but I still feel its stronger than any of the previous systems. Its just a lot weaker compared to this Gen.

But the Wii, to me has great graphics. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl have some of the best visuals for Wii right now. Thing is, Nintendo pushes the Wii to good limits in terms of visuals (Galaxy, Prime 3, Brawl), its the third party developers that need to step their game up. However, near the end of last year, those same third party developers have said they rushed their earlier works out, stating the Wii was not capable of much better. They then realized they were wrong, and promised to take their time and make it more rewarding for both sides in the end. So 2008 should be a good year in terms of games and how they look.

Just to reiterate, Wii has good graphics, along with some great games.
    Purchasing a Wii would be a wise investment.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    "im a xbox fanboy that wont get off my couch to play a game, specially if its not Halo"
    Jesus come up with something better than that...

there are good and bad games on each system... dont just pick out one bad and one good and compare it like that matters...

They all offer different games and excell in different areas, if the games are the most important to you then look at the game list for each and decide which console

if the technology is more what your looking at you have to decide between graphics or gameplay on this Gen...None offer the best of both
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-17-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    PS2 graphics suck. The best graphics in PS2 was God of War and even that wasn't all that great. Developers just suck, the guy who made Rogue Squadron was talking about it. He said he was disappointed with developers job when it came to Wii games. SMG IMO is the only game that really pushed the Wii. Some people say MP3, but when I played that game, it looked alot like the other two, just a tad bit better.

As for the Wii controls being revolutionary, Atom is actually right. People acting like Wii is truely next-gen because of the motion controls, but in reality it isn't. Most games have yet to use the Wii controls productively. I liked what RE4 and MP3 did. But those are shooting games so its alot easier. But for the most part most things that doesnt have to do with pointing at the screen can be done with a simple shake of the hand. You dont even have to move it anywhere, just shake it in a certain direction for just about everything. After a while it becomes repetitive and its just like pressing a button, but instead you shake your hand. I dont care about motion controls other than the point and click. The actual game is what makes the gameplay good or not.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I bought the Wii for the graphics. My last console was an original NES. The graphics are a huge improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    You really can't compare graphics to any other console, it pisses me off when people say, "Oh the Xbox's graphics PWN the Wii's"

They are totally different systems! And the graphics are DIFFERENT, not better.

Like, the Wii has huge graphic capabilities, just that only games like Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy take the most advantage of it.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

Ads