LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    first i would like to say its nice that you are at least trying to do something about what you don't like instead of just sit and take it like the rest of the people on here. But the zapper is made like that for a reason.

They already got critizied hard for making the zapper in the first place, by moms and activists. So thats why its made to not look like a gun and not function like a real gun. Thus why its called zapper and not wii gun.

I understand your point and feel the same way about some of the games and not being able to change the buttons around. But i understand nintendos reasoning for this too. They are not trying to get sued by every soccer mom, and stupid anti game lawyer, or politician, for making something that is similar to a real gun. If they did make one you know the next thing thats going to happen some one is going to shoot some one and say oh the wii zapper made me do it.
    Its this kind of stupidity that makes us responsible gamers suffer from censorship, and unrealistic designs.(some what, its deeper than that)
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by the$#!Za.
    We understand that this is not Nintendo's responsibility to make sure games released have Control Setup options to change our setups/buttons around, and also understand that Nintendo does not sell Official Nintendo Wii Guns (as far as I know). But we believe there is something Nintendo can do very easily which like I mentioned before will make Wii customers such as us extremely more happy ESPECIALLY all the Wii Shooter game fanatics.

By Nintendo releasing an Official Nintendo Wii Console Update Firmware via internet ofcourse to include a new "Control Setup" options/settings into the Wii "Console Settings" section, which would have the ability of us changing our buttons around, all problems would be solved for Shooter games already released and future Shooter games and would prove Nintendo Wii's potential to be huge.
    I'm not a Wii programmer but I am a grad student focusing on operating systems. I can tell you that the difficulty of what you are asking could be very high depending on how the Wii currently handles input. Back on the game consoles old enough for me to understand how they work (about as far back as the first Playstation), events like controller input are routed directly to the game software without an intervening OS touching it at all sort of like how DOS used to handle things. If that hasn't changed, then there's just no good way for Nintendo to insert software code between the hardware event/interrupt and the game software that's in charge of handling it.

If the Wii acts like more of an OS in the desktop PC sense, then the Wii OS handles input and passes it on to the game program. The biggest advantage of doing things this way is that it works better in a multi-process environment. Given how the Wii doesn't spend much to any time running multiple programs at one time, I doubt they've invested in the overhead to implement such a system. Even if they did, it would roughly double the response time to add a translation layer that's transparent to the game program layer.

Either way, it's a LOT better idea for the game developers to handle the input mapping then it is getting Nintendo to handle it.

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    Nintendo wont read it. the second you said "I know it's a bit long but PLEASE I BEG OF YOU to read it", they will toss it in the garbage and dig up "consumer reply #23" and insert your name from the email. Take that sentence out and summarize it. hell point form it if you have to. Honestly, i think it was very interesting and had some good points. you'd score high if this were an english essay. but nintendo does not have time to read essays. so get to the point, quick, and they might take notice of it.

Its not my fault im a fast reader

Who cares about that? i have brawl! FC: 0817-3472-1993. PM me if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Can't you be happy that we have shooters at all.
    I am the most perfect grammerwise in all personkind!

-=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=

Member #
    Friends
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain
    Can't you be happy that we have shooters at all.

He might be happy, but he's not content. Wii has a lot of problems. Props to the OP for the e-mail.

You know, I tried doing this petition thing in wiichat as well. However, several people just simply say, "get over it", "nintendo won't listen", and "this is useless". It doesn't hurt to try does it? The thread asks for your approval, not for your prediction that it won't be accepted anyways.

Well to the OP, you got my vote!
    Super Smash Brawl FC : 2921-8748-2416

Are u from the west coast and do you play 2v2?
    Add us and other people who play 2vs2 as well from this thread:
    http://www.wiichat.com/pacific-west/...westcoast.html

Ads