Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3054-4394-5675-1502
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    hes just jelous that nintendo 's wii is way better than a ps3.
    Gogeta will rock you!

Member #
    Friends
    If PS3 price drops, the 360 will drop its price no doubt. They wont let their advantage of PS3 slip. Microsoft is too smart of a company. I dont think Nintendo needs to do anything. $250 is cheap enough for a long time. Then again Senses could be right. They may have to end up dropping price to $200 to keep the people who havent bought it yet interested.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nintendo won't drop the price to $200 until they improve manufacturing methods so they're making them that much cheaper. Nintendo has a habit of actually liking to make money. They sort of have to, since unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have a myriad of other businesses to prop up a money-losing division.

But until the Wiis aren't flying off the shelves and still getting wait-lists, Nintendo has zero incentive to drop the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    And the Wii will lose momentum the day that Zelda and Mario games are available on the Playstation.
    Which will never happen.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    All consoles have there price tag's that get great sales... they usually try to hold off these spikes for each christmas season after launch to keep sales at a steady pace...

im sure they will all eventually hit these price marks over the years, all Sony would do by dropping there price is force the other 2 systems to follow suit by beating it...
    But untill it gets to the same price level as a Wii/360 its not going to get the edge based on price... There best bet is to market it more to HDTV owners not just gamers at this point... Most the "Hardcore fans" already have a ps3, they need a better marketing idea then just constant price drops that they will never win at...
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-18-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I dont think either console will be droppin price..

Playstation is kickin themselves in the a$$ right now for lowering it to 400. They arent makin anything off it. Everything they have in that console is just insane and they would be insane to lower the price again.

Nintendo isnt gonna lower it either. they already blew the comp out the water and already surpassed wat they thought they were gonna do in sales. Hench the reason for the shortage of Wii's.

And lets say just for the sake of sayin Playstation does drop price Nintendo wont follow cuz 1 they will still be cheaper and 2 they already have a huge following from people that never picked up a controller before and they also have the biggest advange of them all which is word of mouth.

Member #
    Friends
    What is funny is that a rumor like this will actually hurt FF and metal gear sales due to the fact that people will wait for this $300 drop to buy the system now. This by it self could help secure the Wii momentum because the casuals are having fun and the retro player will keep buying stuff while the hardcore make up their minds.

The only people waiting on momentum and any sign of life out of the PS3 are the current owners. Right now they are still hoping people join them yet that is not a promise because all hardcore games can not afford the system.

The 300 thing is true. 50 dollars away from the Wii and we are talking about the non gimped versions here because no one wants a substandard product when we all know that the real version is still 400-500 dollars.

Every one is waiting on the momentum to stop. It's just a different way of saying it's a fad. Seriously it's going to get worst! COD4 among other games really are the best that most third parties can do. I'm not sure such killer apps will work out too well unless gamers actually have the funds to buy these systems.

then on top of that the blueray thing really has shot sony in the foot. People are buying more movies for the PS3 than games because guess what games still can not compare with movies in high end living room set ups. The games that are coming out are even seen as juvenile to most grow ups.

The blue ray hurt sony in the beginning with price and now it is hurting them in attachment rates WOW. At least casuals actually bought it to play games.

Also too it is rumor that the PS3 cost 400 dollar to make now rather than the 800 that was reported before( which i still feel like it was inflated, come on the drive cost sony 400 dollar from sony's own factories).

What sony really needs is some thing that truly will make people buy it because it proves it really is the most powerful system and has the best most addictive and fun games. Really that is their problem. If you remember the xbox 360 went thur a slump before gears came out, yet many good games came out before it. Yet gears was the game that wowed every one. Will that happen again.... simple answer no. Unless square pulls some magic out of their but. some people still think it's fun but lots think it's slow and boring, but it looks good.

What is also funny is how some of my most wanted games are not even on that list and to tell you the truth once they get publisher they will be on the list. By march you may see a flood of Wii games jumping on that list.

If you remember the xbox 360 struggled to get to 10 million last year and the Wii will hit 20 before march. I don't know but you guys are waiting for the avalanche to stop. Just like when the Wii was about to come out look back and tell me how many of the games we currently have where announced back then?

Member #
    Friends
    thats bs why does the uk pay a hell of a lot more than any1 else.

the ps3 is $600 for the cheapest model and the noraml xbox is $400

the wii's even $360

its bs.

so the wii in uk houses is going to las t a lot longer
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    to me where Sony went wrong was they put to much into the console. I mean come on, i know u always want to out do ur last console but dont drown urself to the point where u know the average teenager cannot afford ur console. wat i would do is remove the blu ray player out of the console and sell it seperatly as an attachment..that would easily knock the price down 150 - 200 bucks..and then after that i would really get on the grind and make that baby sell.
    Last edited by Bliss; 01-18-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I already mentioned Sony will price drop again this year. However it will be the 40gb version. They should stick with the 20gb and keep support of PS1-2. Over 115 million people own a PS2, for Sony to turn their backs on that is utter insanity. That's more than the GC, Wii, Xbox, 360, Dreamcast, Neo Geo, 3do, Jaguar, TG-16, Saturn, Sega CD combined!

If Nintendo and Microsoft do not price drop they could watch Sony catch up this year. However it's a dangerous gamble. If Nintendo and Microsoft price drop by $100 each they could destroy Sony's last chance to catch up. Let's see who has the best poker face.

Ads