LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    Actually, Kirby, you summarized my post into a discussion of price/performance and HD graphics. I didn't bring up HD in the slightest. My oratory centered on computing power in producing textures and polygons. Your arguments are weakened because you resort to exaggeration and fallacy to try to make your post meaningful. Instead, try coming up with a thoughtful counter that isn't an attack but instead a well thought out counter-opinion. Inspire, for instance, adds well thought out commentary to his posts and if the board had a ratings system (does it?) I'd certainly put him high on the list...
    I like you.

And as you probably know, many of the games have extraordinary graphics like: Zelda, Metroid prime 3, SSBB, Red Steel and Super mario Galaxy, i dont feel its the console lacking as much as the devs making the game with so-so graphics.
    Last edited by Ashenshugar; 11-16-2006 at 11:48 AM.

2. Ads

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    I'm going to comment on the original posters thoughts on the price...because honestly, I don't know much about the technical specs.

Like some have already said, with the Wii console, you get Wii Sports, you get a controller and nun-chuck, you get 512mb of memory, and internet capability. The Wii may only be slightly more powerful than the gamecube, but do you remember Resident Evil 4? That game is beautiful, and if the Wii is capable of even better than that, then there is no worry in my heart at all.

As for Sony and Microsoft, if you're typing in this forum, you must have a computer...which means you don't need those stupid systems anyway, because most of their games get released on PC anyway, and the PC is capable of FAR superior graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspire
    zraductus, if you were a character in a comic book, your arch-enemy would have to be F7.
    ROTFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire
    I'd hate to think that the Wii would have its hardware maxed at launch, kenn. That'd be a first in the industry. Resident Evil 4 maxed the GC, and it took awhile - it also looked very good. Based on that, I'm skeptical that Red Steel has the system maxed out, but I haven't played Red Steel, either - online videos speak nothing to the graphics of a system.
    Let's hope that's not the case and we do see some revolutionary graphics... I'd love to buy and WII and not have buyers remorse, lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Inspire whos f7?......i just turned on my gamecube and started to play resident evil 4
    and ur right it is a beatifull game and im praying the Wii vastly surpasses those type of graphics so when i buy it this monday i wont have any regrets

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    am i the only one who thinks that red steel graphics are GOOD (not excellent). Personally if Red Steel has pushed the graphic already i would be a little disappointed as the graphic would look poor when the wii comes to its end as the newest nintendo console out in let say four or so years.

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    Quote Originally Posted by epikon
    am i the only one who thinks that red steel graphics are GOOD (not excellent). Personally if Red Steel has pushed the graphic already i would be a little disappointed as the graphic would look poor when the wii comes to its end as the newest nintendo console out in let say four or so years.
    Dude, from the pics and vids I've seen of Red Steel, it's not as good graphically as Resident Evil 4 was. It will be a while before the Wii releases a game with truly awesome graphics. Red Steel looks good, but it's nothing too special.

Member #
    Friends
    well imagine this lets go back in time picture this the playstation2 has just come out and xbox and nintendos answer to this is a slightly faster version of the supernintendo (almost a nintendo 64) with a gimmicky wireless remote controller

woooooooooow nintendo has really done it cause the other console has the graphics but that isnt important shell out ur hard earn cash to buy a sligthly inferior console with a gimmicky control after all does anyone remember the "POWER GLOVE" whatever did happened to that?

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    power glove was crap but nintendo never has bugs unlike sony and mircosoft every console bought from nintendo never had a problem with them except virtual boy that kinda hurt my head a bit
    and the controller is not a gimmick you should look at ps3s card reader thats a gimick

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral
    Dude, from the pics and vids I've seen of Red Steel, it's not as good graphically as Resident Evil 4 was. It will be a while before the Wii releases a game with truly awesome graphics. Red Steel looks good, but it's nothing too special.
    lol thats exaclty what i said...

Member #
    Friends
    in that aspect ur right i had one playstation 2 gain magically cosmic powers and become the human torch in a matter of seconds before my very eyes they only thing it did not do is say the phrase: FLAME ON!!!!!!!

DAMN VIRTUAL BOY........thats a bad idea gone worse!!!!

i never had to replace a nintendo consol ever except 1 or 2 controllers but in ps2 i had 2 buy at least a dozen controllers in a year

and its seems sony is desperate cause they want to hog every gamer in the market first they wanna be bigger than xbox 360 with theyr mamoth specs then that talk about having 300 billions plus units at launch and last but not least
    ripping off nintendos motion sensor controller with the crappy tilting thingy
    they first had the boomerang thingy controller and scrapped the boomerang for the old dual shock pad without rumble but with the tilting crap

i guess they knew they couldnt produce even a million untits and knew nintendo could and since the big N console would be cheaper than theirs
    they tought to ripp off nintendos ideas so they could say....
    hey look at us where expensive but have hd graphics....but hey hey hey
    dont buy the Wii we have the motion controller too!!! ..oops i mean tilting controller...........spend ur money here cause where not doing so well
    and the ps3 is our only hope thats why its so damn expensive......anyway gamers will buy anything so why shouldnt we charge them 2,000 4 the ps3???
    nah thats too obvious...lets keep it at 600...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads