Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1405-1695-6567-5492

Does nintendo do a good job with repair?

I had too. I didnt want too but didnt want to deal with it any longer. I have to send my wii in. the games work, the controllers work, but the biggest problem is that when i try to shut the wii. If i try to shut the wii using the wiimote, the wiimote shuts off, not the wii, if i press the power button on the wii to shut off, it doesnt or there is a long delay. I have to unplug it to shut it off. It also once in a while makes weird cracking noises. I am sending it in to nintendo, everything is set... But im concerned that nintendo wont see the problem. I dont want the wii to come back and have the same problem. So for the people that have sent it back, do they fix the wii? do they usually find the problem? im pretty sure something is wrong and i just hope they find it.... i have also had times when the wiimotes losses connection to the wii. its the wii, im positive its not the controllers.
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    wow, i would guess so. since ive been playing nintendo consoles and games since the N64 and never had anything made by them break....i dont know. but since they made such high quality games for them not to break easily...im guessing either they have really good repair people (the people who helped make the games good quality (not break easy)) or they have really bad repair people (they have repair people there, but since nothing breaks....they're out of experience.)

Signature made by me ^_^

My Wii Games: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Excite Truck, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Mario Strikers Charged

Other Games I Know I'm Getting Soon:
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl (PRE-ORDERED THIS ONE!)

Member #
    Friends
    3615-1388-4731-3676
    I just got my Wii back from a repair they had to do.

I'm not completely sure what was wrong but every time I loaded a disk into it, it sounded like a PC does when burning a CD. It was so bad it would vibrate my whole TV stand and just amplify itself.

Anyway, it took about 6 business days to get it back ( 12 Counting the shipping time from here and back)

I plugged it in and it worked like it was brand new. No noise, thankfully all my settings were saved and I also got a little piece of paper back confirming that the problem was verified and the defective components were replaced.
    And the best part was that it was still under warranty, so no charge, even for shipping.

I suggest you get it looked at, it's hard to go without but you'll be glad to have a perfect working system once Smash Brothers hits the shelves!

Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    I have the repair order.. just have to send it out.. Glad to hear they work on it and fix it and thats its working perfectly. I have been hesitent to send it in but i have too. I feel like they are going to laugh at me.. They ask for a note with saying whats wrong and i have 5 bullets of things that i have noticed that could be a problem. I dont want them to think im making things up..
    i wrote
    - When trying to shut wii by wiimote, wii doesnt shut off, wiimote will occasionaly.
    - when trying to shut wii from the wii, it wont, need to unplug it for the wii to shut off.
    - delay when changing menus
    - if wii does shut off with wiimote, takes a while
    - wii makes cracking sound, even when unplugged
    i was going to add that the blue light stays on and freezes.. should i? or is that with the problems i mentioned above?? i dont want to sound like a pest

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3615-1388-4731-3676
    Might as well write down everything. If I were trying to troubleshoot anything I'm sure I'd be glad to have all the info about the problem that I could. Even if it's not completely relevant to whats wrong in the end at least the information will help narrow it down I'm sure.

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    They repaired my wii within a week and it works fine now.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    yeah ok good. i just squeezed in the list
    - blue light freezes. it did today. when i was playing madden, the blue light wouldnt go off. i had no messages, nothing. it just stayed on. so i wrote that too

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I just got mine back from them about a week ago. It quit being able to read any game disks after 3 days of playing it, so we had to send it in. Nintendo customer service was good to work with and it came back working.

Guy

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Why get it repaired? Why don't you just have them replace it with a new one. That's what they did for me. I recieved my new Wii in the mail two days after I made the phone call, and then sent my old Wii in. I was never without a Wii, and I got a new one rather than having my old one fixed.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Why get it repaired? Why don't you just have them replace it with a new one. That's what they did for me. I recieved my new Wii in the mail two days after I made the phone call, and then sent my old Wii in. I was never without a Wii, and I got a new one rather than having my old one fixed.
    Because some people buy VC games.
    GAME OVER

Ads