LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    People are getting it spot on, its all about the third party game releases. We all know what the wiis graphics are like. We've all seen screenshots and we have accpeted the graphic or we wouldnt be here. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the wiis graphics as i am used to playing pc fps's with minimun graphic to maximise the frames per second. the two factors that will sway the wii into sucess or failure (in my opinion) are:

- the controller. the controller is without a doubt one of the, if not the main selling point for the wii. from the sounds of reviews the wiis controller is very good, so i have no problem here.

- the games. if the launch releases are anything to go by again i have no problem here aswell. Zelda, SSBB, SM Galaxy three cracking titles which should be a sucess, i have no doubt first parties games will be sucessfull, will back full use of the controller. however like ive said the real make or break for the wii are the third party games. there is only a limit nintendo can do themselves, and yes they usually do focus on non or t rated games. so its in the third partys hands it release decent T, M games aswell as some good sports and non rated games for that matter. Again by the looks of it big developers are backing the wii, farcry, splintercell, need for speed, madden, red steel are just some of the LAUNCH third party titles which will be released, and i think they are all apart from madden at least T rated. i just hope these games turn out good and make use of the nintendos market niche, the controller! again you may moan about graphic but i think the graphic are fine. Red steel and nfs looks awsome IMO. havent seen much of splintercell. madden looks alright for a sports game and the game play looks good even though i dont have a clue what american football is like. farcry looked awsome and poor at the same time. the sky and water looked first rate however i think the character and enviromental textures need alot of work, but with this sorted it will look great.
    Last edited by epikon; 11-16-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know why, but the simplistic approach Nintendo has taken with the Wii makes more sense to me than what Microsoft and Sony have done with their respective products. When you really think about it, anyone, and I do mean anyone, given enough time and resources can build a bigger, badder, faster console. And furthermore, just as soon as someone does it there'll be another guy to say, "Hey, I can make something better than that." And given enough time and money he'll do it. Sure there is an upside to making a console that can do more, but in doing so you're bound to leave behind some of the guys who are trying to make good games. With Nintendo's next step being, for lack of a better term, a souped-up gamecube it will make it simple for developers to make the transition. All this banter aside, I couldn't care less about graphics. I'll take gameplay any day. One of my favorites games to this day is Mike Tyson's Punch Out, and I still play it regularly. Give me a good game that is challenging enough to be fun but easy enough to keep me interested and a robust, responsive control system and I'll be happy regardless of the platform.

*EDIT*
    I just thought of this after re-reading my post. By doing what Nintendo did with the Wii, they're going to make Sony and Microsoft have to play on their terms. They aren't trying to make the next biggest, baddest system. They're going to make Sony and Microsoft have to come up with better software. In essence, they're fighting the next-gen console war on a whole new battle front, making up the rules everyone else will have to follow as they go.
    Last edited by white89gt; 11-16-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    #1 on the list for a Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah i think the gamecube was a failure, and i thought the dreamcast was brill

I hate Photobucket

Member #
    Friends
    5201-2863-7583-7320
    Everyone is forgetting that every Dreamcast sold brought a negative net profit towards Sega. Unlike the Dreamcast, the Wii will actually earn Nintendo some money. Also, Nintendo has heavy-hitting franchises under their own belt; Sega had some good titles, but none had the widespread fervor that Mario, Pokemon, SSB, and others created. Third-party developers are also already familiar with the programming environment, given its similarity to the Gamecube hardware, so production costs are reduced (maybe except for the motion sensing portion). And if the reports are true, most developers are eager to make games for the console; Nintendo may just have reinvigorated the gaming market.

Member #
    Friends
    even if the wii fail theres plenty of money in the bank

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    omfg... another Wii = Dreamcast thread? of course not. With all this hype and all these people trying out the Wii for the first time. Hell no. The Wii isn't going down fighting, and neither are it's customers

Member #
    Friends
    Ea sports games alone will sell systems, it wont be another DC it already has more 3rd party help.Sega had to make its own games to compete. Not impossible to say the least.

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    As long as a healthy supply of games come out and not tons of kiddie games i.e. SpongeBob. I know kiddie games are needed, but not tons. Games like Zelda, Smash bros., Red Steel and a few others will get the system started. And I don't really like sports games so those aren't selling the system for me. But, no this won't be another DC

Member #
    Friends
    The Dreamcast failed due to bad marketing, a release during a time when no one wanted a new console, and bad game support.

Wii has 200 million dollars worth of advertising. Marketing: Check.
    Wii is being released alongside PS3 right before the holiday season. Release: Check.
    Wii has Zelda, and every other Nintendo franchise behind it, plus games like Red Steel. Games: Check.

So tell me again, how is it like a Dreamcast?

(BTW- Dreamcast was a great, great system.)

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

Member #
    Friends
    The Dreamcast was actually a great system, way ahead of it's time and cost sega to much to produce because of that. Dreamcast failed because it could'nt make Sega any money. Also lack'd developer's not enough games came out for it. In all honesty the dreamcast is one of the greatest systems ever nothing during that time frame could hold a candle to it. In this regards I agree the Wii is like another dreamcast. Completely different approach and alot of feature's other systems dont have, its truly a next gen console not a old gen with better graphic capabilities. The Wii however will not meet the same demise as the dreamcast did due to the fact for each system sold nintendo will make money not loose, also fan base is much greater. Developers will be plentiful wanting to experiment with the Wii's motion sensing capabilities. Soo is the Wii another Dreamcast? maybe. Will it meet the same fate as the Dreamcast? No.

Ads