LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Maybe another Dreamcast, Some say.

I have heard reivews on different websites saying that the Wii is going to be the next dreamcast. which was pretty rubbish. Do u think that the wii will just be something that every1 wants , but then 3months later is covered in dust in the dark corner of your bedroom. or will we want to play it more and more and more????

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    It all depends on how developers take advantage of the technology that Nintendo brought to the table. If they release the online component like they promised, then NO... the Nintendo will definitely NOT be a failure. If they hold back and continue to promise but do not deliver, then I see a dark fate for the Wii. As of right now, I see an extremely bright future for this innovative console. And let's face it, there are enough Nintendo fans out there to keep the Wii afloat even if the skeptics turn on it. Can you say Gamecube? That would have been the next Dreamcast... but Nintendo fans are passionate and kept it just alive enough for Nintendo to attempt another console. And quite frankly, I think Nintendo struck gold this time around.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chattersby
    I have heard reivews on different websites saying that the Wii is going to be the next dreamcast. which was pretty rubbish. Do u think that the wii will just be something that every1 wants , but then 3months later is covered in dust in the dark corner of your bedroom. or will we want to play it more and more and more????
    Although I know there are other reasons why the Wii will not be the "next dreamcast," but look at the games. People will just buy this system for zelda, mario, and SSB. And there are obviously more to come. A system with the crowd nintendo has following it cant die specifically for certain games that have so many devout followers, my mind cant even comprehend this idea of being the next dream cast.

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    calling the wii the next dream cast is way too far fetched...the console hasnt been released. End of the day Nintendo are Nintendo im pretty sure it will not be another dreamcast.

any chance of links to these comments/reviews?

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    Why would they refer to this as the next dreamcast? Just because the dreamcast was a failure? If that's the case, then the Gamecube should be more compared to the Dreamcast, and hopefully Nintendo learned from the Gamecube's shortcomings and is going to make some significant changes this time around. Otherwise, Nintendo is done for.

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    The Wii won't be another dreamcast.

Member #
    Friends
    0730-0028-5418-6552
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    It all depends on how developers take advantage of the technology that Nintendo brought to the table. If they release the online component like they promised, then NO... the Nintendo will definitely NOT be a failure. If they hold back and continue to promise but do not deliver, then I see a dark fate for the Wii. As of right now, I see an extremely bright future for this innovative console. And let's face it, there are enough Nintendo fans out there to keep the Wii afloat even if the skeptics turn on it. Can you say Gamecube? That would have been the next Dreamcast... but Nintendo fans are passionate and kept it just alive enough for Nintendo to attempt another console. And quite frankly, I think Nintendo struck gold this time around.
    dont forget about nintendos hand held market. Im prity sure that that helped in a big way to keep them alive thorough out the game cube days. but i dont think wii will be dreamcast just think about all the developers that are backing it so much. ubisoft (worlds second biggest developer) already has 7 games for launch and is working on another 7 right now. also EA (worlds biggest developer) has made madden for the wii and although i dont know of any official news of more games that they are making for it a friend of a friend of mine works at EA vancouver and he said that he is currently working on wii titels. on an off note that same guy said he has played both wii and ps3 and he says wii is WAAAAAAY beter to play and to develop on.

Member #
    Friends
    I have two letters to give you: DS. If Wii is to fail for being underpowered, or being risky in it's innovations, then surely DS would have bitten the dust by now. DS outsells PSP by a large amount, and I'm confident that Wii will just do the same. Especially if Miyamoto brings out Nintendogs Wii, because that would shift consoles left, right and center.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbandaidx
    What we need first is a WW3 then make a WW3 game.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    personaly i dont care as long as i get to play SMG, LoZ:TP, and SSBB lol. however i would REALLY like to see it succeed so they can keep making these games!

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sgpigeon
    Although I know there are other reasons why the Wii will not be the "next dreamcast," but look at the games. People will just buy this system for zelda, mario, and SSB. And there are obviously more to come. A system with the crowd nintendo has following it cant die specifically for certain games that have so many devout followers, my mind cant even comprehend this idea of being the next dream cast.

Not to mention the new metroid.

Ads