LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Attachment rates How much the Wii really does suck.

Software attachment rates

Americas - 6.9
    Europe - 5.6
    Japan - 3.4

- Over 20 million Wiis sold worldwide

Americas - 8.8
    Europe - 6.3
    Japan - 4.9

- DS is just under 65 million units sold worldwide

- DS software sales

Americas - 20.18
    Japan - 21.66
    Europe - 22.94

- Lifetime sales of the Cube were just over 21 million

Yeah that sucks doesn't it!

Then I find this!
    As part of a wide-ranging meeting with GameStop's management, Janco Partners' Mike Hickey discussed why the Wii and PS3's 5-game-per-console attach rate continues to lag the Xbox 360's 8.8, suggesting that Guitar Hero and a theorized Rock Band release for the Wii will increase high-margin sales for the retailer.

Hickey made the comments following a meeting with GameStop management, who he said, echoing Lazard's Colin Sebastian's earlier comments, "appear confident they can continue growth in a moderately difficult economic environment, similar to how they performed post 09/11/01, which was a period of economic and social unrest at about the same point in the console cycle."

Hickey goes on to note, though, that GameStop continues to expect that the Wii's attach rate will stay at its current levels, behind Xbox 360, and at the same level with the PS3 during 2007 -- which Hickey maintains is likely because of the amount of consumers purchasing the latter console specifically for its Blu-ray video capacity.

Despite that, though, GameStop says that the aforementioned music-based games, with higher retail prices by way of their hardware peripherals, "should provide large gross dollar contributions," and says Hickey, roughly 20 precent profit margins, "consistent with premium new game sales."

"Importantly," Hickey continues, "management believes they’re gaining market share with Nintendo products," and "consumer demand for the Wii console continues to surpass management expectations and is currently tracking PS2’s growth from the prior cycle."

"If Wii console sales continue to track PS2 sales from the prior cycle," he concludes, "Wii sales could total over 8 million in [2008] versus +6 million in [2007]," should supply increase, as well as third party software content.
    It would seem people are not buying their games from game stop. The numbers don't gel, attachment rate of 5 then 6.9. The PS3 is said to have a 5 like the PS3 yet nintendo's own numbers are higher. Even game stop thinks PS3 owners aren't going to buy more games than the Wii -WOW-!

I made the title so the PS3 guys won't get offended. This is a current report also some thing nintendo gives out to it's current 3rd parties. This can only mean good things!

Also too the Wii is going to beat the GC life totals in almost one year -wow-!

Look at Americas support! WOW, will they catch the xbox 360 support in the USA? who knows. It seems like some body is gonna have to make a better fad next time around.

Member #
    Friends
    5133-1980-9154-2212
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Software attachment rates

Americas - 6.9
    Europe - 5.6
    Japan - 3.4

- Over 20 million Wiis sold worldwide

Americas - 8.8
    Europe - 6.3
    Japan - 4.9
    I find this bit particularly interesting as Japan has always been a place that is more receptive of the games industry than anywhere else in my eyes, but from the looks of things it seems I was wrong.

iz-grafix.co.uk

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Casual gamers are lowering the average for attach rate. I thought this would be obvious.

Interesting figures, but personally I don't believe the attach rate says anything about "sucking". "Sucking" usually refers to quality, not quantity.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    *Tried to delete. Post deletion failed. *

Ignore this, I posted something very silly.
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    It's the highest in america which is just weird but may be the DS is actually slowing sales over in japan?

Also Dreamweaver all of the systems except for the DS are struggling in japan with game sales...

Sucking line is just fan service... For a system that every one says is a fad and casuals don't buy games it's preforming really well.

Member #
    Friends
    Then I found this WOW!

IGN writes: “If you’re still under the impression that consumers are only buying Nintendo’s new console for Wii Sports, perhaps the latest software to hardware tie ratio numbers from the NPD Group will change your mind. According to the software data tracking service, consumers purchased 8.11 games for every Wii console sold in December. This relates to 7.76 games for every Xbox 360 sold during the month and 5.04 games for every PlayStation 3 purchased in the same time frame.”

While Microsoft would have you believe that attach rates (total number of games divided by total units sold) are mucho importante when determining popularity and game quality, these numbers even out over time, regardless of the total installed base. For example, here are the life-to-date tie-ratio of last-gen systems: PS2 = 11.31, Xbox = 10.87, and GameCube = 9.34. Here’s the installed base of each system: PS2 = 120 million, Xbox = 24 million, and GameCube = 22 million.

http://www.infendo.com/wii/see-i-tol...ont-mean-jack/

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
    I find this bit particularly interesting as Japan has always been a place that is more receptive of the games industry than anywhere else in my eyes, but from the looks of things it seems I was wrong.
    i might be wrong here but nintendo isnt actually that big in japan. i know that sounds dumb, and it might be, but i think i heard that PS3 is really popular there, and xbox is not so much and nintendo is pretty popular as well but not as popular as ps3?

someone posted this info here at one point in time so it could very well be off.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    No, the Wii outsells the PS3 almost every week about 2:1 to 4:1. I think the PS3 has only outsold the Wii in one week. But, that being said, recently the Japanese in general have not been buying console games. They do occasionally, but it seems that right now, they are hooked on handhelds.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Also keep in mind, Wii had the better software sales in the month of December, edging out the Ps3 and 360. So Wii's software isn't too bad I guess.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Humz...nope

How many people here own more than six Wii games???
    *Raises Hand*
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Ads