Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4413-3959-6605-8167

nintendo changes profit

Nintendo Ups Wii Forecasts
    Hardware, software, profits all way up.
    by Anoop Gantayat
    US, January 24, 2008 - Nintendo updated today its previous forecasts for system and software sales for fiscal 2007, ending this March. It shouldn't come as a surprise, but everything went up.

Reuters reports that the company updated its previous forecast of 28 million DS systems sold for the period to 29.5 million. Wii forecasts also went up by a million, from 17.5 million to 18.5 million.

Looking at current sales totals for the Wii, the system has crossed the twenty million mark on a worldwide basis. It reached 20,130,000 units sold at the end of December.

The company also updated investors on expectations for software sales. For the DS, while Nintendo previously expected 165 million pieces of software to be sold for the year, it now expects 179 million. For the Wii, expectations went up from 97 million to 115 million.

With so much additional hardware and software, it's not too surprising that Nintendo also had to up its profit and sales forecasts. The company expects operating profits for the current fiscal year to hit 460 billion yen ($4.34 billion US), up from previous forecasts of 420 billion yen ($3.96 billion US). The company expects a 69% rise in sales from last year, up to 1.63 trillion yen ($15.38 billion US). This figure is up 80 billion yen from original forecasts.

The profit figure is double last year's total. Both profit and sales figures are the highest ever for Nintendo.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    For
    The
    Win
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Wii is set to pass Gamecubes total Hardware sales in the next few weeks

Good for Nintendo though.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    They forsee increased demand...yet they don't increase supply or production.

Either they are the stupidest company in existence or they really are artificially constricting supply to increase hype.

Ads