LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I didnt read the entire thread, but you did buy/or are using the Wii component cables, right?

I upgraded to a 32" HDTV, and my Wii games looked absolutely terrible until I got the component cables. Then go to your console settings and switch it to HD.....looks great for me now

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfin182
    I didnt read the entire thread, but you did buy/or are using the Wii component cables, right?

I upgraded to a 32" HDTV, and my Wii games looked absolutely terrible until I got the component cables. Then go to your console settings and switch it to HD.....looks great for me now
    you should have read the entire thing because he said that he had all the connections right.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Large HD televisions magnify the shortcomings of the Wii's limited SD graphics. The digital scaling wrecks havoc on the aliased graphics ("jaggies"), the bigger screen makes them larger, and the sharpness of LCD/plasma makes the artifacts appear crystal clear.

There have been many, many discussion threads about this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    HD TV outputs 720p, and the wii outputs max 480p!
    YOU might have a 1080p which might be amplifying the edges, just pop into the place you bought your tv from and ask reccommendations, some of them really know thier stuff. Whats the model numer of your Samsung?
    we're buying a M86BD model, that 1080p too, we'll see how that goes.
    If your looking to get a new tv though anyway, check these out, they're WAY outta my budget
    http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/49183-...e-new-tvs.html

and here's the best tv overall,

http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/48371-...best-buys.html

these are UK tested Model's i'm sure they'll be around where you are, this same firm also said that for RELIABILITY Samsung and Sony come out on top just 4% ahead of Panasonic, but Panasonic tv are very good Technology wise, But sony and samsung are closing that gap, so they're about equal!
    LOL, I've seriously done lots of research on tv's man, anything you need to know just ask

l8r
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    actually, it could really be your tv, because i have played my wii on my aunts enoumous HD tv, and it looks perfect

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    yeah, zapasant93 has a point, it might just be a hand shake problem from tv to console try it on another hd tv, or next best similar product to yours!
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Member #
    Friends
    it's more likely just an issue of trying to put SD data on an HD TV. I just got a 32" LCD HDTV yesterday and came home started messing around with different things on it DVDs, games, cable tv...etc.

Just to compare I plugged in my xbox 360 first on SD output, and then on HD out put. The SD looked HORRIBLE with blurry textures and different colors than normal, all kinds of stuff. But the HD out put looked very crisp with every color and texture looking like it was supposed to. So I'm assuming it's just that the SD output is expecting to be on an SD tv, and thus doesn't quite show up correctly on HDTV. Just like how when you play GBA games on gameboy advance they look crisp and everything, because they're MEANT to be on that little screen and are programmed for it with the reflective LCD in mind and all that, but if you pop it into the GB-Player for gamecube, it looks a little blurry and the colors are slightly off.

I haven't got around to trying out the Wii on it yet though, I'll update when I do. I'm at work right now, so it'll be a while.
    Last edited by Sterculius; 01-28-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Plugged into a Sony 42" 1080p, Wii looks pretty damn good. It's certainly clear and sharp...Low-res textures look particularly muddy, but then they do on our 55" rear-projection anyway....

I don't think theres too much you can do, different TV's process lower res stuff better than others, and obviously the more expensive ones seem to do it better. (The Sony's picture looks 720p, eg it gets upscaled).

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo
    I haven't posted on this forum in a long time (not that I was ever a huge poster), but I'm getting back into the Wii in anticipation of SSB, but I have one problem that's frustrating me.

My Wii looks terrible on my Samsung HDTV.

Yes, I'm pluggin in the cords right, I have everything set up correctly, but games on my hdtv which is about two years old look terrible. Jagged edges appear in places i didn't think possible, and the graphics are reallllly disappointing.

When I plug the Wii into my much older, normal TV, everything looks fine, and there are fewer jagged edges and everything is just...tidier on the screen.

I need some advice, because I am someone who enjoys quality graphics in their games (kill me now), and I feel like I'm getting cheated out of the best picture I can get.

I have a 480p cable, and I'm considering buying a new HDTV to play Wii on, and need any advice you can dish out.

What type of HDTV should I get? LCD? Plasma?
    What brand?
    Any other advice?

Anyways, I didn't know whether to put this here or in the Nintendo hardware section, since it's not really a problem with my Wii. Thanks for listening, and I'm glad to be back.
    Turn the sharpness down. Works like a charm

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    its not the Wii its most likely your T.V!!

we have had this problem posted on here many times.

Alot of newer HDTV's specially Plasma and LCD are in a fixed resoultion... meaning you dont have the backwards compatability in order to play "CURRENT" media format like the Wii,VCR,DVD players and 90% of the t.v. channels on the air today... You probably are noticing how bad non HD t.v. channels look aswell...aswell as anything not in your native screen resolution...

First i recomend messing with your settings on your t.v. see if you can drop down the resolution on each channel to the same level as the signal going into it.. be it 480I 480p 720I 720p 1080I 1080P... you get my drift...
    alot of these "high end" HDTV's don't give you this possability and only let you use the Native HD setting so someone with a 1080I or 1080P t.v. everything they watch is going to look like crap aside from HD signal that matches the t.v... Which you will quickly find out doesn't give you alot to do..lol

If your T.V. is this style of t.v. with a native resolution that can't be change go and pick up a HD upconverter/Scaler that matches the native resoulution on your t.v., A good one will normally range from 250-300 dollars and will have a nice onscreen adjustment menu to work any of your "Current" resolution devices... If you want some brand recomendations ill give you some... in essence its the same as all these new upconverting DVD players... it will take an old signal like 480 and upconvert it to look like 1080... still not as great as if it was originally that way but it will make a Wii look HD when its done...

Everyone Loves there HDTV untill they find out its not the current tech level and most everything is not HDTV yet.
    If you spend the bucks your lucky to get 10% of your t.v. channels in HD. It will slowly change but this will not be 100% for another 10-20 years.. The big DTV switch is just forced broadcast in digital signal instead of analog, and it is what boosted the production of HDTV's and a few of the HD channels on the market. But the switch doesnt force anyone to send signal in HDTV at all it just makes it possibal because of the switch... So its not a quick changeover like people think..

i recomend next time you buy a big new t.v. make sure its a backwards compatibal one... I've got a 52inch HD DLP samsung and it can play 1080P HD channels or the old School VHF signal Atari, and make them both look perfect..lol
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-28-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Ads