LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    this is a real mystery to me, if something is selling like mad and its in high demand, then why hold out to increase productions? doesnt logic say you should be increasing sales right away?

maybe i just dont understand buissness, but im just using common sence
    It could be a few or many factors, it's hard to know for sure unless you're inside . It's all about risk and $$$. If you ramp up production as a reaction to demand without proper planning, you're more likely to run into quality control issues. Plus we can only speculate what the timeline is from the decision to ramp up production to Wiis arriving at the retailers...1 month? 6 months? Nearly every electronic device has components coming in from multiple suppliers. Manufacturer A can only supply a fixed # of part 1, how much of a risk is it to go to a new manufacturer to get part 1? If we increase production X%, will demand produce enough of a profit for Y quarters to generate a substantial profit?
    Last edited by gnahc79; 01-28-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    I'm not flaming anyone, it's not my fault how he interpreted my post now is it? I can't be by everyones side babying them through what I write.

For future reference, it's spelled "douche". thanks.

ok, thanks dr phil

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    No problem.

Very good explanation gnahc79, also there is the question that will arise that will they change the price, and if so, by what, and when?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Increase In Wii Production Until April-sign.jpg  
    Last edited by 261311; 01-28-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    No one has any clue. It depends on:

- Competition: Will price drops for the 360 and PS3 steal market share? IMO it's unlikely since the target audience for the Wii is more broad. I really can't see grandpa going nuts with COD4 .
    - Current Wii Supply: When will the Wii be at normal inventory levels at retailers? We can only speculate.
    - Next gen Nintendo console: When will Nintendo's next gen console be ready? When do they want it to be ready? I would think that once Nintendo has a firm timeline for the next console AND they've recouped all of the Wii R&D costs (probably already have by now), then they can plan a price drop for the Wii. IMO this won't be for a long time.

I'm not a business/financial expert by any means, so feel free blast away and poke holes, lol.
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Member #
    Friends
    i dont understand why they are not making enough to meet the demand...

and idk why but it seems like this christmas there were more Wii's to get. cause i know of about 5 or 6 friends of mine got one this christmas, and tried last christmas but didnt get one....anyone else notice something along those lines?
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    And people still doubt Nintendo intentionally witholding production in order to create an artificial demand crisis with the intention of increasing hype?

I thought their marketing scheme was fairly transparent from the start, but I guess not everyone catches on at the same rate...

Member #
    Friends
    Small supply increase for the Christmas season is my guess. All manufacturers do that though to brace themselves so that they don't run out of stock (thus taking advantage of this huge consumer month).
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    ohh i see. i still dont feel its necessary for them to do. but oh well...

oh and atomheart you dont have to be an a**hole about it...

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    And people still doubt Nintendo intentionally witholding production in order to create an artificial demand crisis with the intention of increasing hype?

I thought their marketing scheme was fairly transparent from the start, but I guess not everyone catches on at the same rate...
    Hey, I'll jump on if you can point to an insider leaked memo or official Nintendo press release confirming your speculation. You feel there's a conspiracy to intentionally withhold inventory. Hey, go for it. IMO that's very unlikely given that Nintendo took a substantial risk by releasing a console that has inferior hardware and betting on a relatively innovative control scheme instead. You choose to disagree and that's fine.

Member #
    Friends
    YEAH. what gnahc79 said! queerheart!

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Ads