Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

No Increase In Wii Production Until April

Nintendo has ruled out increasing Wii production until April at the earliest.

According to Gamefront.de, Jinyou Mori, Senior Managing Director of Nintendo of Japan said that the company intends to maintain monthly production rates at their current levels for the rest of the financial year, which runs until 31 March 2008.

At present, Nintendo is manufacturing 1.8 million Wii consoles a month. Although this has been just about enough to keep up with demand during quiet times, it’s has left Nintendo unable to supply enough consoles during periods of peak demand.

And it’s not just disgruntled Christmas shoppers who are concerned by this, with the shortages also denting investor confidence in the Japanese console manufacturer.

Although Nintendo’s quarterly profits doubled during Q4 2007, Nintendo shares plummeted nearly 10 per cent today amid fears that the strong Yen and supply shortages could hamper its overall profits for the current financial year.

Speaking to Reuters.com, Rakuten Securities analyst Yasuo Imanaka said “In the United States and Europe, shortages of the Wii and DS are getting serious.

“Nintendo will surely boost production in the next business year.”

Nintendo has ruled out making any further announcements on the subject until it reveals its annual earnings in April.
    Source

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Are wiis still really hard to find?
    If something isn't working try turning it off and on again

Member #
    Friends
    Are people still asking that question? Yes they are, to both questions.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    No need to sound so arrogant and obnoxious
    If something isn't working try turning it off and on again

Member #
    Friends
    kind of obvious.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple Guy
    No need to sound so arrogant and obnoxious
    Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Especially when the article almost screams that there's still a shortage.

Obnoxious would be something along the lines of, I never included an audio clip in my post and therefore, I've never "sounded" like anything.

Cool though on the article, this should help satisfy the growing demand for Wii's but I think it may be too little too late seeing as the news about Sony considered a significant price drop.
    With much love, 261311.

Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Especially when the article almost screams that there's still a shortage.

Obnoxious would be something along the lines of, I never included an audio clip in my post and therefore, I've never "sounded" like anything.

Cool though on the article, this should help satisfy the growing demand for Wii's but I think it may be too little too late seeing as the news about Sony considered a significant price drop.
    its not a stupid question, it just has an easy eanswer that HE doesnt know, there for actually making it a msart question, so stop being a little smart ass

BACK ON TOPIC

this is a real mystery to me, if something is selling like mad and its in high demand, then why hold out to increase productions? doesnt logic say you should be increasing sales right away?

maybe i just dont understand buissness, but im just using common sence

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    The topics title is "No Increase In Wii Production Until April", the fact that people are frequently posting on these forums for hints on how to get one might as well be the biggest kick in the balls telling you they're hard to find in most places.

Who knows, maybe the easiest point to discover is that Nintendo is now increasing production? I doubt they would if there wasn't high demand.
    [/end simple business lesson]
    With much love, 261311.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    listen, there is no such thing as a stupid question, unless its really just non sence, if you dont know the answer to something YOU ASK, and people who are more knowledged then others are suppose to ANSWER this questions, not be a doush and flamm the hell out of the person for not knowing.

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not flaming anyone, it's not my fault how he interpreted my post now is it? I can't be by everyones side babying them through what I write.

For future reference, it's spelled "douche". thanks.
    With much love, 261311.

Ads