LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    WiiChat Member hal2814's Avatar
    Member #
    46196
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You would have to mod the game somehow to change the color of the cow. I know it sounds like it should be something simple to do but it is very much not. Maybe you could find a PC game to mod? It would be a lot easier since you control a lot more of the environment running the game. Is this Rayman game on the PC? I know Ubisoft has made some PC games in the past.

    Unless you can get a working debugger running on the Wii while its playing the game, you're not going to be able to change the cow's color without altering the data on the disc. And that opens up a big can of worms since you'll need a modded Wii to play a modified copy of a game. That security is probably your biggest hurdle but figuring out the data on the disc well enough to modify an object is easily a close second.

    Ubisoft would be the people to talk to, not Nintendo. Good luck. Software development firms are generally made up of a staff working long hours to make tight deadlines. This is especially true for video game development. I just don't see them taking the time to set that up for you. But I guess you'll never know for sure until you ask.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencalf
    And how do you know they won't?


    Go ahead, knock yourself out. Let us know how that works out for you.

    PS: Hey mods, this is the second time someone has deleted one of my posts. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  4. #23
    the best kid! samXcor3's Avatar
    Member #
    34872
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Ok then. But that is not what he is talking about.
    i was gonna say if anyone could do this it would most certainly be frummage
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

    thanks to idjut for the sig!

  5. #24
    Canadian/Gamer for life thas's Avatar
    Member #
    34017
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,105
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    He is talking about hacking the actual rom.

    As yet, there is no way to extract or import models or textures to/from Wii roms.
    actually there is. that is how people are piriting the wii games. also roms are only for the handhelds. the so called roms on the consoles are called ISO.

    i dont believe editing a game like that is legal.

  6. #25
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    actually there is. that is how people are piriting the wii games. also roms are only for the handhelds. the so called roms on the consoles are called ISO.

    i dont believe editing a game like that is legal.
    There is a difference between ripping the ISO from the disc and actually editing it.

    There is currently no way to extract models from the ISO's

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  7. #26
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    also roms are only for the handhelds. the so called roms on the consoles are called ISO
    Incorrect. ISO stands for "International Organization for Standardization". There are all sorts of ISO standards, such as ISO 9000 for quality-management, and for CDs there's ISO 9660. The reason CD images have the *.iso extension is simply identifying the fact that the image is in that format.

    "ROM" stands for "read-only memory", which applies to all sorts of medium. Whether you're talking EPROMs or CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, they're all "read-only". And the read-only status is what was key with the point I was trying to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  8. #27
    Canadian/Gamer for life thas's Avatar
    Member #
    34017
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,105
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    There is currently no way to extract models from the ISO's
    okay, yeah thats true.

  9. #28
    WiiChat Member goldencalf's Avatar
    Member #
    48844
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    What if I manage to change the color of the cow and then ask ubisoft if they can make me a disc that works.. Is that much work for them? Is it hard? Does it take long time? Does it take a lot of different people maybe?
    This is me..

  10. #29
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencalf
    What if I manage to change the color of the cow and then ask ubisoft if they can make me a disc that works.. Is that much work for them? Is it hard? Does it take long time? Does it take a lot of different people maybe?
    Trust me, they will have absolutely no interest whatsoever in helping you to run customized games.

    Email them and check, but I guarantee you that they will refuse.

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  11. #30
    WiiChat Member goldencalf's Avatar
    Member #
    48844
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Trust me, they will have absolutely no interest whatsoever in helping you to run customized games.

    Email them and check, but I guarantee you that they will refuse.
    That's not what I asked. I asked if it would be much work for them? If they would use many days/hours to make the disc? Do they have to make a whole new code or something? I'm not sure how this works..
    This is me..

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

change graphics on wii
,

change wii graphics

,

changing graphics on wii 2006

,
changing graphics on wii games
,
edit wii graphics
,
graphics on modded wii
,
how to change graphics on wii
,
how to change the graphics on your wii
,

how to change wii graphics

,
how to change your wii graphics
,

how to edit the graphics of wii games

,

wii graphics change

Click on a term to search for related topics.