Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    pretty hate machine™ solidkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7919-2809-6520-0629
    They would be stupid to stop bundling Wii Sports. I can't even begin to think of how that would piss off potential buyers who have yet to pick one up.
    bleed the freak | oh high noon dead moon

I'm Climbin Through The Wreckage...Of All My Twisted Dreams
    ---
    MOH:H2 - wP spOokShow
    SSBB FC: 1676-3448-0430

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Nintendo wont stop bundling games in with US consoles they know the US market needs something to play out of the box, and doesn't want to choose a game. They just want to rush home and play whatever comes with it!

I think they should do what they have done in the past with popular consoles.
    If Wii Fit is as big in the States they should make 2 bundles and phase the original out with the newer more popular one...

Example:
    Wii Fit same 249.99 price tag as now and then sell the Current Wii sports bundle with a 199.99 price tag. This will help clear out the old stock of Wii sports games and at the same time introduce a "new" phenomenon to the Wii and keep its sales still way above the competitors.

Nintendo has nothing to worry about even if the yearly sales double for ps3 and 360 and the Wii sales drop to half they would still need over a year to topple the Wii at which time a price drop would help... Even if they dont get out the best games right away to boost sales, "which they are" its going to take some time for the other 2 system to catch up...

With this much of a lead it would take many mistakes for them to fall outta number 1 spot... dont forget 360 sales are less then half of the Wii's and just about tied with PS3 when you go on a year by year basis...
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-30-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    stay competitive? I don't think Nintendo needs to consider repackaging anything to make a price cut anytime soon. If the PS3 and 360 cuts prices...maybe. By that time (who knows when) it may be already time for the next gen consoles. Also, by that time Nintendo can probably still include Wii Sports for $199 and maybe a Wii Sports + Wii Fit bundle for $250 like 261311 mentioned.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    Analyst suggests Wii cuts price to $199
    Haha! You said anal...

Sorry, but this thread was getting far too sophisticated for my liking.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii doesn't need to do anything, its got good games, more accessories coming out like Wii fit... its fine as it is and worth every $.

Oh 1 other thing... i find it really funny how everybody is from different countries UK/America/Canada/Australia etc and when saying or quoted prices your just saying $ like as if to say $200 is the same amount across the globe...
    Last edited by bubs; 01-31-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    Oh 1 other thing... i find it really funny how everybody is from different countries UK/America/Canada/Australia etc and when saying or quoted prices your just saying $ like as if to say $200 is the same amount across the globe...
    You do realize that a "$" sign symbolizes either USD or CAD right (unless stated otherwise)?
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    Wii doesn't need to do anything, its got good games, more accessories coming out like Wii fit... its fine as it is and worth every $.

i didn't know that they used the $ in the UK, i thought they used that fancy looking "L"...
    Last edited by smyth; 01-31-2008 at 04:59 PM.

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    there is a time when nintendo will have to decrease their price for the wii. the 360 is at $299 at the moment and microsoft will do another price cut. ps3 will have more price cut for sure. nintendo wont decrease their prices right away, but they will. $199 means that nintendo makes no profit out of the console, but if they take out wiisports they will make about a $10 profit for each console.

i dont think the wii will go under $199 in its life time. ps2 is at $199 and i believe that the xobox is a bit higher.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    It will have a price drop for sure, it doesnt even cost them 199.99 to make a console. But they wont do it till its needed.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/15/w...p-to-just-158/

As time goes on it will get cheeper and cheeper to make.. But is just no reason to do a price drop this early unless its to match someone elses price or to boost sales in a slow period. Normally you do Price drops later in Gen life to boost sales, right now they can't even make enough to keep up with demand..

The first drop will probably be to 199.99 and maybe then a 149.99 maybe even a 99.99 near the end of its life like game cube. If they push out enough units cost to make it falls and a price drop still keeps it profitable...
    But they will continue to take as much profit vs. sales as possibal and they no reason to drop it for a while when it continues to be a sold out product...

Its always been a balancing act for Consoles to make the most profit without hurting sales off of a console... Thats why PS3 is dropping like crazy even when it cant really afford to, it needs the sales without the consoles in homes they make no money at all...

Member #
    Friends
    all i need is another $100 price drop on the PS3. down to 299. Then it's all mine

Ads