LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hold on there Kiddies, some of you are forgetting. Sure, the wii aint gots no
    hard drive. But, it does have a slot for SD card. All the VC games I dloaded off of the wii shop channel are archived on my SD card. So why not have a system update to the machine where the games can be loaded into internal memory off of an SD card? Just like the old cartridge based consoles of yesteryear.
    I play alot of tiger woods golf on my wii. I'd love to have extra courses to coincide with the 18 you get off of the disc. Game saved states could still be homed off of the internal memory but by using an SD card, you could actually have an infinite # of games housed on SD cards. BTW, I bought my 2 gig card off of ebay, new for a whopping 97 cents. And, don't forget those usb ports on the machine. You could always run an external drive or card reader off of the port. I'd love to see a system update to enable us to use these storage options. Especially the SD card. While your buddy toasts his/her hard drive on their PS3 or Xbox 360, you can be merrily playing along without the headache of a drive failure. You can never have to much of a good thing.

Lucky...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Really an R-type game SWEET! Where did you hear this I must confirm!

Oyeah I haven't tried it but what id nintendo just let us burn our own DVDs? I mean you would not need a sd card and I'm sure the community would make such disk with the only problem being piracy. Yet since we can already put roms on an sd card I think they already have that fixed. Really I would rather have DVDR support on my Wii rather than have a hard drive of which I know is going to go down one day! Also the sd cards don't last for ever either, they get corrupted it seems.

Yeah DVDr support could just be a matter of drivers or maybe it's already supported? Who knows! I mean they said nothing about a USB keyboard being supported and it works great! Also what if Wiware gives you the ability to run stuff off a SD card rather than from the internal flash? They could do this! Sd cards do come in 4 gig flavors and you can get 8 gig flavors also which is pretty big for a game. Most PC games ship on dvds right now so 8 gigs is over kill! Yet what if just what if nintendo sent out monthly disks with all of the Wii ware games on it and all you had to do is pay for it only and bam you have access to it! I would get a nintendo power subscription for that!

Back to subject I'm loving this Wiiware thing and if you are a gamer with some programming friends you too can be a developer but just a warning I've heard it is way harder then it seems to make a good game...LOL I've been seeing a lot of 2d game engines floating around also and these developers should find away to help these guys get on the Wii and start supporting the Wii mote also!

Yet give Mr. Lee a chance to put out engines to Wiiware developer would be sweet! Also too If this goes down the way I think it can go down then we could see more games that rock just like contra 4 and hell maybe we can even get a real ninja gaiden again! I mean the ds version would be sweet, I'd rather play it than the 3d version right now.

250-512 is huge for a 2d game. Some times my download times are surprisingly fast for some of the roms that are on the VC. Yet the Monthly disk thing would be sweet and very convenient to the people who love a good 2d game still. I mean come on if you remember the 4 player 2d side scrollers then you know what I'm talking about! Then possibly having online support also! Sweet...
    EA should also offer their EA nation to these guys also , they could make some extra cash and possibly groom future employees.

How ever it goes I can't wait to try this out. So far I'm pretty impressed!
    its in an issue of nintendo power with screenshots also. it would be vertical shooter but eith 3d graphics.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    its in an issue of nintendo power with screenshots also. it would be vertical shooter but eith 3d graphics.
    Sweet thanks man! Made my day yet I will have to beat r-type 3 soon..

Member #
    Friends
    cant wait only thing im pi$$-ed about is that it cost $2000 to make games so right now im screwed in that sense but still this going to be 1 of the best things for wii 2008
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    dont get me wrong wii ware sounsd awsome, but wats bothering me is memory...they need to put out a hard drive cuz its gonna get a lil crazy.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    cant wait only thing im pi$$-ed about is that it cost $2000 to make games so right now im screwed in that sense but still this going to be 1 of the best things for wii 2008
    Really hey you can always go here
    http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque/twii/
    You can get the PC copy and make your game from there. I started on this app for a small start up and the set up is very easy to use. You will need to know how to code though.
    and get a working game going then make some cash and port it to the Wii.

That where you will get your $2000 from! It's just that easy if you have a will of steel! Oyeah and a team helps!

Good luck O yeah did I say this thing is cheap? It starts as low as 100 and supports many free 3d modelers.

Member #
    Friends
    everyone keeps worrying about them RELEASING a hard drive...all they have to do (and SHOULD do) is another system update for the wii to recognize a USB external storage device, just like they did with the usb wireless keyboards.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    the futile, the futile it outweighs the beautiful
    futile the futile the futile soo....

seriously, good points. i especially like the argument for the wii doesnt have a hard drive.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    That where you will get your $2000 from! .
    some1 said it on forum a week or 2 ago
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterculius
    everyone keeps worrying about them RELEASING a hard drive...all they have to do (and SHOULD do) is another system update for the wii to recognize a USB external storage device, just like they did with the usb wireless keyboards.
    yes thats something they should do, but on countless times they have said they wont do...which i find to be just retarded cuz of wii ware and basically just the future of the wii itself.

Ads