LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    It All has to do with your own opinion and taste in games than anything...

    Your on a Wii site yet most the time claim you don't like the majority of Nintendo 1st party games, and then you act suprised at the lack of 3rd party on a Nintendo console... You say you have owned all the Nintendo's growing up, but constanly say how you dont like what they offer, you should know thats how nintendo has worked for years... It sounds retarted when you claim to know what Nintendo is about but continue to want them to become something else..

    Now i don't know if you just had your ass handed to you too many times by some little kid on Mario Kart or Smash Brothers, or if you just dont have the paitence to finnish a Link game. This is what Nintendo gives us, and its enough to have its own "fanboy" following aswell as large appeal to the casual market... If you dont like it why did you buy a Wii?

    All you do is constantly stick up for your Xbox and claim its dominace over all even in areas that are obviously "xbox territory" and ignore the short commings of the xbox and what they offer.
    You try to act as if your open minded to all systems but come off as a Xbox fanboy just about everytime you speak..

    I said it was a Good article but is only the American view, and that Microsoft needs to step it up a bit to have the same claim in the real worldwide console war... Outside America How many people have Halo 3 or even care about it? Its not a universal game.Every region has there own style of games that do well. And some games like Wii play are obviously going to do well because of the bargain of a game and controller. Whos fault is that the consumer's? They picked up a deal!

    Maybe Halo 3 should have came with an extra controller or headset to garantee large sales,even among casual gamers picking it up for the first time.
    Its still the best selling game in the States Being out for what 4 months so far and selling about 8 million world wide now, a few million more the SMG at a little over 5 million and being out 3 months...

    Of course Halo sold well its the biggest title microsoft has nothing else will probably even touch it... Some people buy the Xbox just for Halo and nothing else.. Its the only Title they have like that... But people go out of there way to buy the Wii the same way just for SMG and TP.. the fact is nintendo offeres more in its 1st party and its fan base is acctually more deverse than that of 360 you can see that in the type of game sales...

    Still Halo 3 gets trumped by a cheep minigame-controller combo because it had been out all of 2007 not just the end of it... Hopefully soon they will overtake it, but if microsoft wants to be anything better than "fanboys" favorite console and appeal to the mass audience to acctually win the console war in every aspect, then they are going to have to change some things, including the games they offer..

    I'm sure you could care less because you still have to get your Xbox Fanboy tattoo removed..
    But on the buisness side they Lost 2007... Any other view of it is just a Fanboy's opinion not buisness based, much like this article
    What? Im starting to think maybe you have bad overall memory.

    Ive never in my life said Wii's 1st parties suck. Infact I said most of the games I want are only 1st parties because those are the games that are good. Get your facts straight...

    I never said I don't like what they offer, again stfu and get your facts straight. Im dissapointed with the Wii. I even liked the Gamecube, the only downside to gamecube was no online and even then I didnt own a PS2 or Xbox. My brother owned a PS2 and I never played it.

    Uhh, how can I get my ass handed to me by some kid when there isn't any online on current Mario Karts and Super Smash on consoles? Ive only played with my brothers. Which btw I own SSBM on Gamecube still and last time i played Mario Kart on Gamecube was in July while I was on vacation. I must of clocked 100's of hours playing that game because me and my brother played non stop. FYI ive owned and loved all Mario Kart games and planning on buying Mario Kart Wii, again stfu with your idiocy.

    Ive never finished a game of "Link"... Its Zelda btw and once again ive owned and loved all the Zelda console games to have ever been released. I even bought Zelda Phanton Hourglass for my brother in prison because I know how good Zelda is. Ive beaten them all and I still play them. Ohhh! Once again stfu.

    Im sorry that when I bought Wii after it launched that I didn't know it was gonna be so much casual games, im not a psychic, thank you. Even if I knew it were casual I would still buy it for 1st party.

    You think I care what I come off as? I don't care what some idiot on the forum thinks. Especially one who is so quick to try to make me the one thats wrong. These are my opinions, deal with it. The 360 has better overall quality of games and everyone knows it. This has to do with Wii's lack of 3rd parties. You can't expect Wii to be on top with just 1st party games alone. Unless of course you are a ignorant idiot who only sticks to one console instead of enjoying all games.

    But thats just it, its not doing bad outside of America. You try to attack 360 whenever anything is said about it that makes it seem better than Wii. The 360 is doing bad in JAPAN, not other places. Stop trying to make the Wii look like some almight god of consoles. Guess what? Its just a GAME, you act as if you have to make your comments to make Wii look good as if its politics.

    What does the sales of Halo 3 and SMG have to do with anything. When does 1 or 2 games dictate what console is more successful? I guess 3rd party games mean shit by your logic. I guess because Wii has Zelda AND SMG, that means Wii more successful, of course! Because you are always right...

    Again you talk about Halo 3 sales and compare it to Wii Play and its Wii-mote bundle. No game in this consoles generation is going to top that. Its not logical, a game should not sell more than a minigame+Wii-mote bundle, that would make Wii sad, not Halo 3. In that logic, I guess that makes SMG sad? Also SSBB Because you know damn well SSBB is not gonna outsell Wii Play because Wii Play will always sell because it comes with a damn Wii-mote! Who the hell cares how much that sells. Thats like comparing a games sales vs an accessory thats REQUIRED to play.

    So I guess selling a 17.7 million consoles that are alot more expensive than the Wii with 7 console attach rate and 10 million online subscribers paying $50 a year is a failure... Okay lol... Seriously why waste my time with someone like you? You keep claiming im a fanboy. A fanboy would never own all 3 consoles, but a fanboy like YOU would own just a Wii. Get over yourself, you know jack shit about any console except the Wii, yet own all 3, so I think I have 3 times the experience as you. Go ahead make another comment because you know your gonna say anything, even if its a repeat of what you just said, your gonna say something and I can gaurantee I wont even read your trash.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  2. #12
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Ive never in my life said Wii's 1st parties suck. Infact I said most of the games I want are only 1st parties because those are the games that are good. Get your facts straight...

    Im dissapointed with the Wii. I even liked the Gamecube, the only downside to gamecube was no online and even then I didnt own a PS2 or Xbox. My brother owned a PS2 and I never played it.

    Im sorry that when I bought Wii after it launched that I didn't know it was gonna be so much casual games, im not a psychic, thank you. Even if I knew it were casual I would still buy it for 1st party.
    So your disapointed with the Wii because its the same as every other Nintendo System for the last 25 years? It has always had family friendly "casual" games you should have figured that out by now. You know how much greif they got for puting Conkers Bad Fur Day on N64? Do you think they will ever be on top with Mature games?
    Nintendo has never cared about 3rd party games, if 3rd party wanted to be on a Nintendo system they would let them, if not no biggie they survive without them. They are 1st and 2nd party dedicated have always been.


    Now lets find out what fanboy means ill use Wiki sence you think its a reliable source of information on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Fanboy (sometimes spelt fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.
    It has nothing to do with owning a specific system or refusing to be part of anything else, just that you are dedicated to a single point of view, and although you do own other consoles you have claimed over and over again that the 360 has the best games and is the best console because of this. That is a biased point of view because your a fan of what they offer, making you a fanboy.

    Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    You think I care what I come off as? I don't care what some idiot on the forum thinks. Especially one who is so quick to try to make me the one thats wrong. These are my opinions, deal with it. The 360 has better overall quality of games and everyone knows it. This has to do with Wii's lack of 3rd parties. You can't expect Wii to be on top with just 1st party games alone. Unless of course you are a ignorant idiot who only sticks to one console instead of enjoying all games.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    That sir is how a Console War is measured IMO, not stupid sales. Sure its nice if your console/games sell, but that doesn't automatically make it better.
    Thats why i call you a Fanboy


    Now the reason I even talk to you, and not just blow you off as another 360 fanboy, is because once in a while you do say something that makes half a bit of sense. Or come up with a halfway decent argument that isn't just fanboy based.

    Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    What does the sales of Halo 3 and SMG have to do with anything. When does 1 or 2 games dictate what console is more successful?
    Very true why even argue about 1st and 2nd party dedicated game sales? They all have there own fan base in the end. It doesn't show a consoles worth or sucess in the market, just where its owners taste lies with a specific game genre.

    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I guess 3rd party games mean shit by your logic. I guess because Wii has Zelda AND SMG, that means Wii more successful, of course! Because you are always right...
    3rd party is probably the only thing I would consider equal!
    Here is the problem though, much like 1st party games they are going to go with the taste of every gamer. The majority of 3rd party games in the end is exclusive to specific consoles at some point.

    Now if you want to compare a 3rd party games thats on all 3 systems, like GH3, then you have an argument!
    That would even make a good thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Though I do admit Xbox has bad popularity in Japan, but not really outside of America. Just like your chart shows, its "Others" have decent sales close to Wii's
    you constantly forget to mention the 360 has been out a year longer than the others, meaning the only way it beats PS3 or Wii is if you base it on 1st year sales to 1st year sales, in which case 360 has ended up at best 2nd or last place in just about every aspect of a "Console War" being at best a tie with PS3 sales in the first year of sales.

    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    So I guess selling a 17.7 million consoles that are alot more expensive than the Wii with 7 console attach rate and 10 million online subscribers paying $50 a year is a failure...
    They are more expensive! they also get less profit per system, if any at all with the Billion dollars set aside for RROD. And again you forget to mention thats a 2 year total not just the year of 2007.

    Over all for the year of 2007 Wii made way more Profit and sold more products... That is what wins the console War, and thats not my opinion if it was my opinion then my favorite console would also always win no matter what

    I base it on the only thing that is not from a fanboy point of view and thats sheer profit and sales numbers!

    I'm not trying to constantly bash you, so dont think I'm comming for your head or anything. There are just very few people on the forum that are half as intresting to argue with..
    Most people back down instead of getting involved and making there own points. The whole pont of a forum in the first place is discussion and debate, without different points of view it would be pointless.

    Although on a topic such as this unless you break it down to the basics, it's always going to be fanboy gibberish and opinion instead of a valid argument.

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    @wezeles Yeah I mean it seems the fact that people are buying more expensive system seems to be a win for them. I hear that from PS3 guys all the time. Well look at how many it sold when it was $600. You know some people bought it just because they wanted to show they could blow $600 on a game system...LOL That proves nothing about how dedicated the buyers are or even the loyalty of the consumers. To tell you the truth no gamer is loyal to one company. Even if you feel as though you are then you may just be fooling your self because if the PS3 turned into a blue ray player only or the xbox 360 stopping being supported in the next 2-3 years you may loose that fragile loyalty. So many times I watch hype dictate peoples impression on a game and end up let down. I'm telling you the graphics thing will wear off it always does unless the art is some thing to remember.

    I see lots of great graphics on the 360 yet nothing I want to play... That is a problem... The fanboys are going to have to do some heavy lifting by way of buying games instead of talking on the forums. The Wii is going to be a beast and the xbox has nothing in store to stop that nore does the PS3.

    Now if MS actually did have a game studio that made games the brought in new gamers more then I would say they are closer to winning yet they are mostly just entertaining some returning customers and replacing some RROD boxes.

    To tell you the truth the xbox 360 and the PS3 are actually hurting each other...

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

nintendo always wins console wars

,

rewien console 2007

Click on a term to search for related topics.