LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Where do you keep finding these biased articles? Are you going to post this crap for the next year or two here? If so I can't wait to leave these forums in March. I won't miss this fan boy BS.

Member #
    Friends
    why don't you just leave now? no one asks/wants you to stay. I admit the console wars gets old but its interesting to some people which is probably why brandon posted it.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    2847-2738-5670-4294
    I totally agree with Spinty

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    microsoft-being douches and acting touch trying to bring down other companies
    nintendo-taking the insults like a man should, just ignoring them and continuing what they're doing
    sony-they just don't seem to care about the whole name calling thing anymore

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    Well I for one, am a grumpy old phart gamer. Been gaming it for years.
    My first system was Pong, back in 1975 before many of you and also these
    dweebs who write in gaming mags etc. were even frickin born. Primarily, I retro it whenever possible. Just today I was playing Dreadnaught Factor on an intellivision emulator. Hell, why can't they make simple games anymore? I have madden 08 on computer. I don't play it much because they put so much crap into it. How about pickin a play, hiking the ball and run? Forget about all the juke buttons etc.
    And just what is hard core gaming? Playing it for 12 hours or more at a time?
    Don't you know that there is a whole world outside waiting to be discovered?
    I have a wii for the fact that its a whole new way to play a game. Lets look at wii sports bowling. That game is about as close you can get to the real thing.
    I mean, even the pin action is close to being real ( I should know as I am in 3 bowling leagues a week). The tennis is pretty stinkin good too. To me, thats innovative just as was mario bros. when it came out. Same thing with asteroids, pac man, Doom etc. These games were simple in reality. What made them hall of famers was the fact they had a high re-playability factor.
    Alot of the stuff today I don't even look at. Alot of fluff but not much re-playability. I also have tiger woods 08 for the wii. It needs a few touches in the graphics dept. and the actual play could use a spruce it but it sort of has that "real" feeling of actually playing a real round. I'm sure developers will get the hang of it and put a little more pure golf swing into.
    Anyone remember when the C-64 was king? Many many games for it. And then, alot of the new games were sorta clones of ones before. About that time, the NES came out. The C-64 died out. And before too long, xbox 360 and ps3 will be the same. Once games hit that spot where most of them have the same game play, the 50 to 60 bux you pay for them isn't gonna be worth it.
    Anyways, thats my take. I have owned Pong, Fairchild Channel F, Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Odessey II, NES, Super NES, NES 64, Sega, C-64, Intellivision, Colecovision, Xbox, Xbox 360, and the Wii. Still have xbox and Wii and of course, my pc. Over the years, most of my faves were on the old sytems. I can still play 'em thru emulation. However, playing wii on a 57 inch big screen
    using the wii-mote is really something! On screen players are like life size.
    That in my opinion will always keep the wii popular for me. Yeah, I'd like a ps3 but if all they are gonna have is games with alot of graphic fluff, I'll pass. I do like the blu-ray player however.

Lucky...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Member #
    Friends
    What is sad is the xbox has stalled and paid online play is only for some people the rest of us will game ionline for free and really this is MS trying to say some thing before Wiiware hits and brawl. I'm sure they are scared because the Wii only has a few months before the have a large install base than MS in the US.

It's pretty simple MS has no answer for the Wii. No one is waiting in line for it. Once the 3rd parties start popping up on the Wii it's pretty much PS time for nintendo again. Until MS actually starts to make good games them selves they will stay in trouble. I mean really they need to worry about the PS3 since every one thinks it's going to crush the xbox 360, which is easy to do if your system is stalled.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Where do you keep finding these biased articles? Are you going to post this crap for the next year or two here? If so I can't wait to leave these forums in March. I won't miss this fan boy BS.
    Huh?

Ease up man, I simply posted it for the sake of discussion.
    Funny claims and what not, I figured would be a good thing to discuss.
    I also hope you weren't calling me a MS fanboy..because I am not, far from it.

I also hope you don't go, I actually like you and think your a good poster on here. Sorry for the mix-up?

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    What is sad is the xbox has stalled and paid online play is only for some people the rest of us will game ionline for free and really this is MS trying to say some thing before Wiiware hits and brawl. I'm sure they are scared because the Wii only has a few months before the have a large install base than MS in the US.

It's pretty simple MS has no answer for the Wii. No one is waiting in line for it. Once the 3rd parties start popping up on the Wii it's pretty much PS time for nintendo again. Until MS actually starts to make good games them selves they will stay in trouble. I mean really they need to worry about the PS3 since every one thinks it's going to crush the xbox 360, which is easy to do if your system is stalled.
    I agree, i still have friends camping out at walmart just for a wii. and think of it this way, 360 released it's best game already and it's still scared its gonna lose, that says something.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    I have a few choice words for that person that is unprintable here. All I can say to this article is, "Here we go again..."

I have said all I could say to articles like these in other threads with the same theme. Namely that the wii is gonna die coz it's too weak to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    Well it looks like if I get another console it'll be a PS3. I'd rather have some crazy guy saying Nintendo stole sphere worlds from Ratchet and Clank than some d-bag telling me Mario Galaxy isn't enough for me and I need a damn 360.

Yeah, I hear ya! That's really messed up, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    That's mighty cocky of Microsoft to say.

I'll always get their OS, but I'll trust Sony for a number of things more (Runnin' on a Sony Vaio right now.)

Play nice, Microsoft.
    This kinda arrogance impresses no one and it makes one very careless. Microsoft better watch it's back; every company that got cocky like this got taken down.

I can assure you he is no fanboy and did not post this article to bash the wii. He finds them on the net and post them here to insite descussion. But the article are telling in themselves, in that they show how much the wii is hated and vilified by most of the gaming press. We will see how all their wii doomsday predictions play out.
    Last edited by romj; 02-02-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, honestly I haven't bothered finding you so that I can hold a gun to your head and force you to read these threads. Personally, I look at the topic starter, and if it's not someone who I can depend on for a good article read, I don't enter, if it's interesting, or the poster is dependable, I do.

I am open to companies coming into the market, almost welcoming, I just don't care to have ones that have such attitude and little impact in the gaming world. I love the MS operating systems, but that's about all they're good for.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Ads