LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6396-1679-5264-9815

How much Would it cost to get a 50" HDTV for 720p?

well. im thinking about 1200. I dont know though

:: Call of Duty World at War FC ::
    :: 309433315990 ::

:: Skype = xx_smiles ::

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The Sams Club here in Athens, GA had a 50" plasma they're selling as-is for $750. They do that a lot. They take returns on almost anything so when they get a broken unit back, they'll send it off for repair and sell it as-is real cheap when it gets back. I got a 32" LCD a while back for $450 the same way.

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    Heey, how you doing! Post your threads in an appropriate thread next time, it helps keeping everything organised. You should have posted here:
    http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/
    Anyway, if your place can fit that sort of size I strongly Reccommend this one http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...ory_oid=-21226
    But it's well out of your budget at £2,339.00
    so try this on for size:
    http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...&category_oid=
    this come in at £1,433.00 and is a 46inch, also slightly over your budget, But these ones are VERY superior models from Samsung, we just bought an M series which is much cheaper, and the F series is much better,

http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/48371-...best-buys.html
    This threads show's all of the best models around, check it out!

Hope this helped, btw, Sony and Samsung are the most reliable!
    Ofcourse this is only good if you live in the UK!
    L8r
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Member #
    Friends
    50" 720p IMO would be a waste of money. Just get like a 42" 1080p instead. But in reality I wouldn't even buy either cuz HDTV's are just too expensive for me :P
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Go with a projector. Projectors rule:

- Easier to ship/handle/install (and cheaper if you're paying for shipping)
    - HUGE picture (easily more than 55")
    - Don't require as much space in your room
    - When the TV is off, you don't have an obnoxious useless piece of equipment looming
    - Cheaper $$$/inch of display area
    - Can you imagine if something goes wrong with your 55" and you need to send it back???

And forget the issues of "wah wah the bulbs cost too much". Do the math: works out to about $0.25/hour of TV watching time. Worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Go with a projector. Projectors rule:

- Easier to ship/handle/install (and cheaper if you're paying for shipping)
    - HUGE picture (easily more than 55")
    - Don't require as much space in your room
    - When the TV is off, you don't have an obnoxious useless piece of equipment looming
    - Cheaper $$$/inch of display area
    - Can you imagine if something goes wrong with your 55" and you need to send it back???

And forget the issues of "wah wah the bulbs cost too much". Do the math: works out to about $0.25/hour of TV watching time. Worth it.
    They're twice the price of a 50" and don't come with anything to improve quality. Just so you know, for an average TV watcher, .25/ hour is expensive because you have to pay for TV/ Satellite, your movies, power, etc. think about it.

As to how much they generally are at retailers near you Google usually helps find things like that <_<
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    They're twice the price of a 50"
    Who is selling 50" TVs for $420? You can get a Mitsubishi HC1500 (720p) for $840, shipped.

and don't come with anything to improve quality
    Perhaps not, but they have many other advantages (as I listed). Not only cheaper, but most people interested in a 50" TV are of the "bigger is better" mindset, and wouldn't mind even bigger than 50", which a projector can easily do.

Just so you know, for an average TV watcher, .25/ hour is expensive because you have to pay for TV/ Satellite, your movies, power, etc. think about it.
    I have thought about it. And so have many other people. That's why we're all projector fans. Granted, "worth it" is subjective... someone who's poor might not find it "worth it". But someone willing to blow $1000+ on their TV probably isn't going to nitpick about $0.25/hour for a huge-arse sized TV image. Heck, the amount he'd save for that Mitsubishi versus the $1200 he was prepared to pay would pay for a spare bulb.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I've been seriously considering a projector for the bedroom - it's a big room, and I'd prefer to have the TV closer, but then it needs to "float" in the middle of the room (which is a little awkward).

Plus I'd love to have a cleaner setup in the bedroom - I really like the idea of rolling up a screen and everything disappearing. I'm sure I can tap the power from the existing ceiling fan (I saw a setup like this on AVS, with a slick ceiling shelf).

That HC1500 comes up a bit over there too, sounds like a good unit for the price.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    A lot of it is thinking outside of the box. Too many people have gotten into the mindset that "TV" has to be "this big expensive thing that sits in front of you and takes up lots of space". Which is odd, because before there were TVs, watching movies was "looking at a cheap thin screen with a small projector sitting behind you shining a picture on it"... which is still the case if you go to a movie theater. So why the resistance? People fight the idea as if you're trying to make them change their favorite color. Odd.

Member #
    Friends
    Back when I was in hardware tech support, I was in charge of maintaining more than a few projectors. Those stupid bulbs never last as long as they're supposed to and cost a fortune to replace. Our "2000 hour" bulbs often didn't last half that. And it took a whole lot of lumens to get a decent picture anywhere but a dark room. Projectors are nice for portable displays and for large meeting halls, auditoriums, etc. But for my home, I'll stick with my LCD TV.

Just make sure if you do get a projector to make sure you see how it performs in decent light first and find out how much the replacement bulbs are and how long the bulbs really last before making the purchase.

Ads