LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    wii was built gamecube backward compatible for a reason, so you dont have to do exactly that.

but what they DO need to add to the VC is gameboy, gameboy color, gamegear, wonderswan and other handheld consoles of yore, and they can be downloaded to the ds. This is where that rumored new DS model would come in handy, the one that is rumored to be removing the gba slot in favor of internal memory storage. If that is indeed what they're working on, then they need to hurry it up!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7702-6506-3298-6252
    can i use my own hard drive on the wii is there anyway???
    Chips from fight klub

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jslck630
    No, you can't, and there isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Given the size of GameCube games, and the fact that the Wii can read GC discs natively, there's no freakin' way they're ever going to appear on Virtual Console. Not without some huge hard-drive add-on for the Wii to store them all. Even then, I think the download time would be a deterrent.
    yeah, the download time and the fact that it would cost a whole wii points card

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jslck630
    Absolutely. Don't bother reading the manual, or the other posts on here about how thats not an option. Clearly those are just lies. You are very special, so you certainly can.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Gamecube games wont fit on the wii hard drive. This might be another reason we need a bigger internal hard drive yo.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    Perhaps they can incorporte something online where you download the file (using your wii serial number or something), burn it to a dvd and pop in into your wii. This is of course ignoring huge download times.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by sarspants
    Perhaps they can incorporte something online where you download the file (using your wii serial number or something), burn it to a dvd and pop in into your wii. This is of course ignoring huge download times.
    It also ignores the fact that Nintendo has shown no interest in letting the Wii play/read DVDs. Technically, it should be possible... and probably amounts to nothing more than a firmware update, but I'd think if they were going to do it, they would've released the Wii with DVD playing ability enabled to begin with.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    It also ignores the fact that Nintendo has shown no interest in letting the Wii play/read DVDs. Technically, it should be possible... and probably amounts to nothing more than a firmware update, but I'd think if they were going to do it, they would've released the Wii with DVD playing ability enabled to begin with.
    Actually, the Wii does in fact read DVDs. According to IGN, Smash Bros. Brawl was not working in some Wii consoles in Japan because of dirt buildup inside the Wii. Apparently, Smash Bros. comes on a dual layer DVD, which is more sensitive to a dirty lens.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849072p1.html

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by sarspants
    Actually, the Wii does in fact read DVDs. According to IGN, Smash Bros. Brawl was not working in some Wii consoles in Japan because of dirt buildup inside the Wii. Apparently, Smash Bros. comes on a dual layer DVD, which is more sensitive to a dirty lens.
    I'm suspicious of the wording. The Wii disc is "DVD-based" so they might be throwing "DVD" around here loosely just referring to the fact that the Wii disc is dual-layer. It's not the first time I've heard to people refer to it as a "DVD" versus "Wii optical disc" or such.

"the Wii Optical Disc is a 8.5GB, 12cm DVD based technology. It was chosen by Nintendo to prevent copyright infringement of its games, to avoid licensing fees to the DVD Forum and to reduce loading times." from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_discs

Ads