Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Most the people that Flame about it don't even own it because of the rediculous price and flame it just for the fact that its to expensive for them to even get... I know I wouldn't spend 4 grand for my old setup but I wouldnt say it was garbage... just that its not worth 4 grand to me personally... most audio geeks will tell you the same its good but money wise you could get pretty much the same for less..

Pretty much the same argument you get from people with and without PS3's lol just cause its expensive doesn't mean its not good. Although I wont buy a ps3 till the price comes down a bit or they put something on it i think i cant live without. Im not going to call it straight up garbage compared to Wii or 360 it has its own place and offers its own things, and to some people its worth the extra money for its unique offerings, much like bose consumers.. they like the "voodoo" they get with it i guess..

They won that lawsuit by the way...
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-05-2008 at 09:11 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Most the people that Flame about it don't even own it because of the rediculous price and flame it just for the fact that its to expensive for them to even get
    Did you even read any of those reviews/accounts? Obviously not. Those people have the money to buy multiple BOSE systems.

There are plenty of knowledgeable people with the cash for BOSE^n that know what they're talking about when they criticize them. It's hardly because they can't afford it. It's because the speakers are 100X (not an exaggeration) more-expensive than they should be for what they are, the only perceived "quality" a direct result of their reprehensible marketing campaign. These people are not swayed by manufactured false "quality" perception based solely upon inflated prices. Their "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" tactic of hiding specs, and suing any magazine that gives them an unfavorable real-world review speaks for itself.

Let's be clear: I could afford BOSE myself. Easily. But I know they're crap and over-priced, partially because I have heard plenty of them in person. I have better ways to spend my money than dance to that pied piper. Are they the worst speakers in-existence? No. Are they worth what they are even after employee discount? Not unless you get them for more than 1/100th of what they charge the average Joe. Hence, they're crap. I wouldn't even use them if I found them for $5 at a lawn sale... I wouldn't want to be caught dead with that name in my house, it'd be humiliating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    See heres the problem wezeles and sremick, and i'm sure you're aware of this. Every company(I MEAN EVERY COMPANY!!) has its highs and lows. For example, the Sony XRB960 is known as the greatest TV Sony every made(Google it or check reviews). But that TV was made about 3 years ago!!
    Wouldn't their technology be far more advanced now? Right? WRONG!
    Back in the early 90's Sony was one heck of a company. Today they are one of the biggest brainwashing-short-lifetime-machine-making companys.

Sony brainwashing? Making lousy built tech? (For more info on this check out Blu-Ray Vs. HD DVD sales... Then compare the specs of the two...Strange eh?)

Nowadays it seems like Yamaha wants to take the same route, as are a bunch of other companies. That's why you see LCD's flooding the market.

As for Bose, I honestly don't like Bose. but I'm sure they have a good speaker here and there, but the consumer must find it. I'm sure Wezeles knows the best they ever made and is picking at those(heck for a discount I would).

And Wezeles, you're right about every product being unique. Some XRB960's blew out within the first week. The ones that survived lived on to produce AMAZING quality.

Let's just hope Onkyo and Denon don't go downhill. By the way, one of the new Onkyo A/V recievers is blowing out... so beware...

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Most the people that Flame about it don't even own it because of the rediculous price and flame it just for the fact that its to expensive for them to even get...
    Not choosing sides but... Onkyo and Denon are super expensive also and they hardly get bad reviews.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    See heres the problem wezeles and sremick
    I missed the part where you were disagreeing with me...? I agree with everything you just said. Sony sucks, and Yamaha sucks.

Did you miss the part where I said BOSE speakers aren't the worst speakers out there? But they suck for what they charge. A $1000 hammer might pound nails just fine, but it's still junk for the price. And it doesn't suddenly become "good" because someone who works at the hammer factory gets a 25% discount off that $1000.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Not choosing sides but... Onkyo and Denon are super expensive also and they hardly get bad reviews.
    Hardly "super-expensive". What do you consider "super-expensive"? And where are you shopping? For example, the Denon AVR-1508 can be had for under $350. I suppose that's "super-expensive" if you think a home-theater receiver complete with speakers should be under $100...

Member #
    Friends
    Actually Onkyo and Denon (I've owned both) make some very affordable, and outstanding mid-level consumer gear.

In fact, I'm shopping a Onkyo R705/805 vs. Denon 38XX and they're all in the same range. They also have comparable products one price level down that are still exceptional (and in the sub $600-700 target).

(There's Pioneer product I'm considering too,model escapes me at the moment...)

The HDTV's are good but not in the top 5 overall I would say.
    I'm surprised you would elevate Sony's (and Bose for that matter) surround systems but not put them in the Top 5 HD set manufacturers.

I've auditioned quite a few sets and my Top 3 almost always comes down to:

Pioneer
    Sony
    Samsung

(in no specific order)

I'm probably like most of the posters in that the only Sony gear I would consider is a TV or a videogame console - even though some of their other products are outstanding (their Alpha DSLRs are very good, especially considering the Minolta optics in use, but you'll *never* pry my Nikon out of my hand )

I'd *like* to start a AV/HT thread, maybe in the OT area?
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Hardly "super-expensive". What do you consider "super-expensive"? And where are you shopping? For example, the Denon AVR-1508 can be had for under $350. I suppose that's "super-expensive" if you think a home-theater receiver complete with speakers should be under $100...
    I'm talking about their top of the line products like the Onkyo SR875 which includes HD Radio, XM/Sirius Sattelite support, Reon HQV and HDMI 1.3. I think it currently goes for ~$1,400 for the reciever alone.
    Onkyo and Denon also have recievers that exceed $2,000.

Back on topic... Well the guys at AVS highly reccomend the XBR960 so I will be getting it later on today. If you have any questions about it ask me tomorrow as I will prolly be busy with it all day today.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    lol i'm not disagreeing with you eaither,
    I just said for the price I personally ended up paying, which was only 1% above there quoted cost at the time... it was a deal if i would have spent that much on something else it would have been about the same quality just a different name brand. obviously if i wanted to spend 4 grand on a stereo i would go with a crazy great brand name that most common household users probably never even heard of in the first place.

People just think this is the case with Bose because of the rediculous price and advertisment behind it. If your willing to pay that much for just a name and the bragging rights go for it, more power to ya i guess.
    I persoanlly payed for the amount I believe was a good deal for the quality of product i recieved which was sadly a small fraction of what people normally would pay for it.
    Im not a Bose fanboy even after working for them but they do make a quality product... Price is the only upset i would say.

Alot of people still buy the brand names these days which in electronics specially will cost you every time. Half the time its one major company and each product is made in some facility halfway around the world and they all just slap the same label on it... you never know what your getting untill you open the box and plug it in really... Review's help with initial quality opinions but they don't take into effect longevity of the product...
    You just hope for the best and that it was well tested and wont die right away... If its a "good brand name" or good company maybe you will luck out and they will be willing to replace it if it does break just for the sake of there own reputation.
    I kicked myself in the butt with my first DVD burner. It had great reviews when launched and was a good name brand. It worked great for a week, died took it in they said they haven't had an issue with them must just have been mine, so i got it replaced for the same model... 3 months later died again called the manufacturing company because the store waranty was up... they said ya we've had problems with that model ship it back to us with 50 bucks we will fix it or replace it.
    lol lets just say i passed on it, although it was nice i could get something that lasted longer without all the extras for the same price if not cheeper. Names are never the way to go, specific model's are always the test.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]

I've auditioned quite a few sets and my Top 3 almost always comes down to:

Pioneer
    Sony
    Samsung

(in no specific order)

I'm probably like most of the posters in that the only Sony gear I would consider is a TV or a videogame console - even though some of their other products are outstanding (their Alpha DSLRs are very good, especially considering the Minolta optics in use, but you'll *never* pry my Nikon out of my hand )

I'd *like* to start a AV/HT thread, maybe in the OT area?
    The Pioneer PDP 5080HD is supposed to be incredible. But I'm a gamer and burn in scares the Wii outta me. I'll stick with CRT's until these billion dollar companies manage to fix the problem.
    AV/HT area?? Would LOVE that. great idea.

Ads