LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    LMAO.......theyd replace your plasma, or give you back equal money of what you initially paid for it.... Unless 1/2 your family was killed due to a fault with the TV that had nothing to do with the surge, then you could go to court and sue the company that made the TV for bad quality control, dangerous product etc..... THEN youd get millions (youd lose 1/2 ya family in the process, but give a little, take a little eh?)

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis
    See, I was about to do that to my PC. There is a very good reason, as it eliminates the hum through your speakers at louder volumes, which is very noticable through higher quality speakers..... now you are telling me not to do it???
    Absolutely not. Find the real problem, don't make things worse by bypassing the required ground. Ironic, since noise/hum is often a sign of a faulty ground.

Sounds like you might be getting crosstalk within the surge suppressor. I'd suggest getting a better surge suppressor, preferably one that isolates the outlets into banks/groups to avoid interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    sorry for being a noob but a sugre is just like more electricity going though it or something... i never heard of it before
    You need to get out more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_spike
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    can you ebay/google me some? I have no idea what I'm looking at, I heard there are filters you can get too. But I seriously need something, the hum drives me nuts. (Does it on my bros PC too). I hear it is a bigger issue in Australia than it is in America? Different Hz or some crap....

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis
    can you ebay/google me some? I have no idea what I'm looking at
    Look at any of the Tripp Lite models with "Isobar" in the name. They're distinguished by the fact that they are metal and not plastic. Example models:

HTPOWERBAR10
    HT10DBS
    ISOBAR6DBS

Use PriceGrabber to find a vendor.

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    sorry for being a noob but a sugre is just like more electricity going though it or something... i never heard of it before
    I think it is an American thing. I hope it is an American thing. I've never heard of a surge before. Can somebody clarify?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinty
    I think it is an American thing. I hope it is an American thing. I've never heard of a surge before. Can somebody clarify?
    Dude, it was already answered. Can't you even bother to read the posts after his before you spend the time asking the same (now already-answered) question?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    awe... that sucks... i would call them.

you shouldn't tell them you suspect a surge because you really can't be sure... it could just cause you problems in getting help.

just say it quit working the other day, you ship it in and they may determine if it's a surge or maybe something else!
    How old are you? Just curious...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    lol i dont...i dont get many power outages had 2 in the last 7 years and nothing major just off then back on
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    lol i dont...i dont get many power outages had 2 in the last 7 years and nothing major just off then back on
    If you think voltage spikes just come from having lost power, you haven't been doing your homework.

There are 3 types of power "events":

1) Surge (voltage spike)
    2) Brownout (voltage dip without total power loss)
    3) Blackout (total loss of power)

Each can happen on its own, and #1 and #2 can happen frequently without being obvious to the user. All 3 can cause problems with electronics... some permanent. And you might never realize that it was a surge/brownout/etc that caused it.

Ads