Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Absolutely not. Find the real problem, don't make things worse by bypassing the required ground. Ironic, since noise/hum is often a sign of a faulty ground.

Sounds like you might be getting crosstalk within the surge suppressor. I'd suggest getting a better surge suppressor, preferably one that isolates the outlets into banks/groups to avoid interference.
    Yep. The problem isn't the surge protector, speakers, or computer, it's the wiring in your house. Do you happen to have fader switches (e.g., switches that allow you to vary the amount of light a light puts out) on the same circuit?

Member #
    Friends
    Just Try 2 Sneak It Padt Them???

Member #
    Friends
    My Wii and PS3 are in a surge protector. I also have a 360 that is in my brother's room that is in a surge protector, as well.
    I don't care WHAT Jim says, that is NOT the real Ben Franklin, I am 99% sure.
    Animal Crossing Friend Code: 4769-2668-6020

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasWii
    My Wii and PS3 are in a surge protector. I also have a 360 that is in my brother's room that is in a surge protector, as well.
    In my profession, I come across countless people who think they're using a surge-suppressor but who are not. Make sure that it says "suppressor" somewhere on it... if it just says something like "temporary power tap", then it's just a "power strip" that isn't protecting you one bit.

Also, there's a world of difference between a $2.99 surge suppressor and a $79.99 one. Make sure you're using one that's a level of quality proportional to what you're protecting. The $5 surge suppressor belongs on your toaster, not your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads