LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I sent in mine when it stopped reading discs (after several weeks a LOUD disc spinning) and seven days (5 business days) later I got a new one back. I thought it was very fast. Plus when I called a real person answered the phone, which I think is pretty rare these days too.

How can you tell if the Wii they send back is refurbished or new?

I think I got a new friend code, so I could maybe see if someone else already had that one, or what? Hrmph, that can't be cuz that would be a big mess wouldn't it, heh.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    No two wii's have the same friend code, that would be stupid yes.

I would assume if it was refurbished it wouldn't be in a new package, would just be wrapped for safety in some way. If they sent you a new one it wold come in a new box. If your friend code changed and it didn't come in a new box then I would assume refurbished.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    ^ i dont see the point in the wii jakets and secondly it is fast look at microsoft they take like a month to fix 360's
    That's because everyone's having to send theirs in.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    No two wii's have the same friend code, that would be stupid yes.

I would assume if it was refurbished it wouldn't be in a new package, would just be wrapped for safety in some way. If they sent you a new one it wold come in a new box. If your friend code changed and it didn't come in a new box then I would assume refurbished.

Not necessaraly, Most companys will set aside a specific amoutn of electronics just for replacement units.
    They arnt going to spend the money of printing and advertisment of a "store box" that they technically already sold and they also wouldn't just include everything all over again. It could be New but even so they would tell you to keep everything like your Wiimote,games, manuals ect.. and just send back the faulty unit(s) itslef. Its cheeper on everyone in shipping cost this way. Sending everything all over again is an unneeded buisness expense.

I've returned a few electronics by mail and even the new stuff came in a plain sealed box with just the basics.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Not necessaraly, Most companys will set aside a specific amoutn of electronics just for replacement units, They arnt going to spend the money of printing and advertisment of a box the technically already sold and they also wouldn['t just include everything all over again it could be New but they would tell you to keep everything like your Wiimote/games manuals ect.. and just send back the faulty unit itslef. its cheeper on everyone in shipping cost this way. Sending everything all over again is an unneeded buisness expense.

I've returned a few electronics by mail and even the new stuff came in a plain sealed box with just the basics.
    True, hadn't thought of that. Depends on the company I suppose.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    That and how popular the product is... if it was in the first few weeks of launch i would say it might be possibal to get everythign new...

This far into it they already have set aside set amount for replacement units ... It sounds more like very few have had an issue, and some people have good or bad luck depending on the stock of them getting repaired at that time...

Lets say they set aside 100 new units for replacement of initial repair units

If you send yours in after the first initial 100 units were sent out and they are now sending out repaired units of the first 100 broken ones.
    Now lets say you sent yours in then durring an up time of "broken ones" then you might have to wait for your unit or one that came in before your units time frame to get fixed and sent back...

If there were alot getting fixed then it would be first come first serve and you would most likely be getting someones already fixed unit from weeks ago.
    Of course there are probably some broken beyond repair units in there so a few new ones will get tossed into the mix now and again, but they are going to try to keep replacement investment at a minimum.

And with the Wii shortage in most the world they are going to try to keep most of the new Wii's on the shelf. The few people that have problems just have to hope for good timming. Sucks but thats how it works for the majority of electronics.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    ^ i dont see the point in the wii jakets and secondly it is fast look at microsoft they take like a month to fix 360's
    Untrue, thats not an average time. The time it takes usually has nothing to do with the company itself. It has to do with the company thats delivering (UPS/Fedex) and how far away the destination points are at.

I don't know how Nintendo does it, but Microsoft sends you a box with foam and wrapping for you to send it in. They also give you the paper you stick on the outside to send it back to them free of charge.

Sony made me send my PS2 myself back when it broke once. Since my Nintendo consoles have never broke, I don't know how they do it.

It took them 3 days to send me the Box from Texas to Augusta, GA. I sent it off yesterday so im guessing they will recieve it by friday or next monday since UPS does not deliver on weekends(I think).

Since the gaming companies keep new consoles or repaired consoles on standbye, they are likely going to open my box, read what the problem is, test it, then just replace it right there then send it out again. So my prediction is ill get it back by the end of next week (friday) or the monday after that.

So most of the time it has to do with the courier taking so long and the fact that they do not deliver on weekends.

So for me im predicting 3 weeks for the whole process including waiting for them to send me the box. Ive heard of people who only take 2 weeks because they live closer. Of course some longer, I imagine people in NY take a while.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    when i check the repair online, it has a new serial number, which means a new wii. When i called the guy said its probably a refurbished one...when i tracked it, it says its coming in tomorrow. amazing. i think this was super fast... Hopefully it will work perfectly!!
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, its not like they are gonna spend time trying to actually fix YOUR Wii then send it because that will take more time.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitime
    I sent in my wii January 28th. Got an e-mail today saying they shipped it back out.. Incredible. Thats is so quick. Im pretty sure they didnt even bother to try to fix it.. They are sending me a refurbished one.. When i sent it in, i had a note with a bunch of problems, little or big. My guess is, they saw it and said, get a refurbished one... lol.. But anyways, thats so quick!!!
    They are indeed fast. I had my new Wii in the my hands within two days of making the phone call to set up the replacement. That's pretty darn fast. They must have shipped it out the same day of the call.

Ads