Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Of course competition is good for the consumer. However, you must keep in mind that the wii is hardly competing with the other two consoles because of its diversity. If they were to merge, they would probably think of something to combat the wii's uniqueness directly, and then the real competition would start.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wow. What a ridiculously waste of time article. Why even pontificate over stupid ideas that will never happen? I want my thirty seconds back.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ^Of course competition is good for the consumer. However, you must keep in mind that the wii is hardly competing with the other two consoles because of its diversity. If they were to merge, they would probably think of something to combat the wii's uniqueness directly, and then the real competition would start.
    Yea, I know. I said Nintendo isnt directly in competition with Sony/Microsoft because its gone in a different direction. Thats why I have never looked at it as 360 vs Wii or PS3 vs Wii. I always looked at it as 360+Wii vs PS3+Wii.

Also I really dont want Microsoft/Sony competing with Nintendo because I dont want two consoles that are using motion controls/casual games. My Nintendo is for those types of games, then PS3/360 can battle out for my hardcore style of gaming. If a console wants to compete with Nintendo I would rather SEGA come back and compete vs them, or maybe Apple could release a console :P
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Ms does not need SONY unless they will use it as a trojan horse in japan. Yet that would easily back fire since every thing is so transparent in this industry. I mean really the xbox 360 is better hardware than the PS3 even if it does break a lot...LOL Hey but as of right now they are only hurting each other. They are going in the same direction yet choose not to unify against nintendo. The Cell could have easily been 4 cores and designed more for gaming. I mean IBM basically made the chip they also made the 360's cpu. If the HD boxes had a unified CPU or standard for the CPU and architecture then things would work a lot better. So far I only see these two boxes hurting each other. I mean when you put the PS3 and xbox 360 sales together you have a winning platform. Yet they are going in two different directions.

I mean look at the Wii and the DS they are totally helping each other. This is not the case for any other two systems. If you have a xbox and 360 then you just bought a really nice PC.

Hey nice read though... I saw this over at some other site and though OK. That what the PC is right now. Oh well.....

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Dude, you don't know what you're talking about xD

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    I realize this is just fantasy speculation, but the business case for this pretty much doesn't exist. If you wanted to take life, just foward that to the accounting department over in Redmond, and they'll laugh themselves to death. With a $1B deficit from a charge-back against 360 failures, the last thing MS wants is anything to do with Sony's hemmorging hardware entertainment division and to dilute themselves with a CE company.

Conceptually, I groove on a few things the author is suggesting though.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Ms does not need SONY unless they will use it as a trojan horse in japan. Yet that would easily back fire since every thing is so transparent in this industry. I mean really the xbox 360 is better hardware than the PS3 even if it does break a lot...LOL Hey but as of right now they are only hurting each other. They are going in the same direction yet choose not to unify against nintendo. The Cell could have easily been 4 cores and designed more for gaming. I mean IBM basically made the chip they also made the 360's cpu. If the HD boxes had a unified CPU or standard for the CPU and architecture then things would work a lot better. So far I only see these two boxes hurting each other. I mean when you put the PS3 and xbox 360 sales together you have a winning platform. Yet they are going in two different directions.

I mean look at the Wii and the DS they are totally helping each other. This is not the case for any other two systems. If you have a xbox and 360 then you just bought a really nice PC.

Hey nice read though... I saw this over at some other site and though OK. That what the PC is right now. Oh well.....
    I don't really see how they could be hurting each other, thats absurd thinking o.O

Just wait until PS3 sells more, right now its selling bad because its price. Blu-ray is still pretty new so the technology is still expensive. Once it becomes more of the norm, the price will drop more and people will buy it.

360, are still selling out despite what people may say. I just went into a gamestop right next to a Wal-mart where 2 guys were trying to buy a 360. The guy said it was sold out and Wal-mart didn't have any either. They started calling other GS stores and they also didn't have it.

Wii and DS "help" each other because its both Nintendo. Have you forgotten PSP? Despite DS selling so many millions, PSP is still doing decent. Obviously its not doing that great compared to DS, but this is Sony's first real portable system (that I know of) and its still doing pretty decent.

Also saying Xbox 360 is just a nice PC, obviously a cheaper PC that doesn't have as much features... But why is that a bad thing? Hell, Gamecube was just a cheap PC that couldnt play DVDs, Music, Photos, Videos, or even Online. Wii comes out with motion controls and suddenly having DVD playability, music, photos, videos, downloads, great online, etc. is nothing more than a "cheap PC" Is that not a good thing? The way things are going, in the future im not gonna have to buy another PC and just buy an Xbox instead and ill be set.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    stupid article. i stopped after i read the thread title. its impossible for microsoft to buy sony, its not even an option or something that should be thought of.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    stupid article. i stopped after i read the thread title. its impossible for microsoft to buy sony, its not even an option or something that should be thought of.
    *hugs you* I love you man. This is a pretty stupid article, interesting perspective one could say but they're both giants and it wouldn't much benefit anyone.

I love how the first line on the second paragraph practically creates irrelevancies towards the whole article (or at least the title). Might I also add, this article has horrible grammar.
    Last edited by 261311; 02-06-2008 at 05:43 PM.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ^Dude, you don't know what you're talking about xD
    Dude how come?

Ads