Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Its gonna end up being the TV guide channel to the Wii... 360 and ps3 have it.

It's just to show you what you have what you can do and what your gonna get and what you will be able to do... It's there own internal hype machine, the DS downloads will be the best part maybe a few demos here and there for the Wii itself too, besides that its nothing fancy just give you more to do and see in the end, and most likely for free... Can't complain about free.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Sounds pretty cool I guess (that it's coming) but even with all the features, I think this channel will be some flop like any other, over hyped; the Wii's Hard-drive can only download so much "exclusive content".
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Depends how its setup though, my guess is its just a small interface that links you to internet content and it won't really hurt internal memory.This is the way alot of comapnys provide this type of service, otherwise you would be downloading forever even with a fast conection.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius say
    it is better to buffer than to download...
    Nintendo will probably make there own youtube type site connected directly by this channel. They wouldn't make you download videos/reviews directly to the Wii just the DS and Wii demo games, and the DS games will probably go directly to the DS never being stored on the Wii at all.

They do still need to boost up our memory though. Im sure something will be annouced for that soon aswell. My hope is more twards opening up the SD slot for full access instead of an external harddrive. I got plenty of spare SD cards and atleast they are useful for other things aswell.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-07-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    I don't get it. What's the point of it? What can I get there that I can't just get at IGN, Gamespot, and a myriad of other websites on my computer?
    To preview upcoming Wii games, and download DS demos.
    Wii Previews will probably end up being the first way to see the game, at least before those sites get it.

Also, I don't see the concern about memory at least not yet. Only features the channel has been said to have is watching Wii Previews, and downloading DS games. All the DS download does is act like a signal on your Wii, then you continue the download on your DS. Nothing gets stored on your Wii, you simply just choose which demo to play, send a download signal and download it.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    To preview upcoming Wii games, and download DS demos.
    Wii Previews will probably end up being the first way to see the game, at least before those sites get it.

Also, I don't see the concern about memory at least not yet. Only features the channel has been said to have is watching Wii Previews, and downloading DS games. All the DS download does is act like a signal on your Wii, then you continue the download on your DS. Nothing gets stored on your Wii, you simply just choose which demo to play, send a download signal and download it.
    Classic Nintendo. A nice cheap tactic to try to convince Wii owners to buy a DS, as is the case with all of the portable to console connectivity crap.

Why don't they just set it up so the DS downloads the demo's directly then?

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Great news.

Have been waiting for this channel for quite a while, now.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Atomheart
    Banned
    Thank god

@Cantgetawii, oh, never knew that's how it'll operate. Won't they have to create some storage device for the DS then for people who want to keep the demo?
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311
    Thank god

@Cantgetawii, oh, never knew that's how it'll operate. Won't they have to create some storage device for the DS then for people who want to keep the demo?

its a small temp game it deletes every time you power down each demo is store in the temporary memory sadly... although talk of memory has been rumored for it just like the Wii.. Who knows if it will make its way in this gen

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Yeah the demo on the DS is temp.
    The video I saw of the channel in Japan showed the connection from Wii to DS to not take too long, well he didn't complain at least about it.

Edit: And please..its North America not just U.S!
    Last edited by CantGetAWii; 02-07-2008 at 08:27 PM.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    sweet, maybe next they can fix the online.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Ads