LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: headsets NO

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You know, they could use the USB slots for headsets. That's how it is for PS2, and it works fine.

Edit: Spelling Error.
    Last edited by sonic9999; 02-07-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Diamond FC- 4897 2574 4502\

Looking for- Any types of shiny pokemon, level 15+

Ask me for more details...

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I consider my 360 headset perfect... You know why? Because its FREE lol

But 360 does have a wireless headset if it "matters"

I wouldnt use bluetooth headsets for it because the batteries dont last long enough. Atleast in my experience... (I tried on PS3)
    There goes your quality debate for the next time you get in an argument over having to pay for XB Live

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo would never do it, they don't take online gaming serious enough to do so, they are so wrapped up in this idea that they have to be all family and kiddy like that they don't want to venture into it because of "bad language"

I am surprised the opera browser wasn't restricted to just Nintendo sites -.-

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    7702-6506-3298-6252
    the only reason i started this thread because me personally love competition online the wii doesnt provide that im the type 2 trash talk but i know my limits if there are 2 connections avaible 4 bluetooth y doesnt nintendo take advantage i mean a headset isnt nessary nintendo made there first step with online.

so i think we deserve one and then from there 3rd party games can include the headset in future releases!!!
    Chips from fight klub

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^[@SS] The DS has a headset.

There goes your entire argument...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    There goes your quality debate for the next time you get in an argument over having to pay for XB Live

Nah cuz its somewhat different

No other consoles give you a headset for free. Also, you can buy a better headset if you wanted.

So if you try to use it in comparison to online, you don't have the option of paying for a "better" online on other consoles.

So, that example didnt work
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2576-9848-2040-2882
    i just want it to look cool, and want it to be inexpensive. we do need one though for like, online play. it can get really unorganized
    <insert hilarious signature here>

Member #
    Friends
    Its one of my predictions that Wii wont get headset. To many conflicting things, like SSBB being where when you leave/drop your opponent turns into CPU and apparently Nintendo does not want you to know when this happens and a mic would give it away.

Plus Nintendo is just real slow compared to the other consoles on "keeping up"
    They like to do their own style of things.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    im sure one will pop up obviously the outcry for one is huge, but keeping with the family friendly view they like to keep it safe and G rated.. always been nintendos way, although with the friends code it kinda takes care of security...

They have 2 ways to do it to keep it in the nintendo "family friendly" rankings

1. every headset capable game would have to include a friend code system or use the nintendo current version. Only allowing pre-aproved friends to talk on the headset.

2. They will make a speaker phone style communication just a large unit you set on your coffe table or ontop of your t.v. that everyone shares. This has been the biggest "offical rumor" i have seen so far, and sadly i think its the way they are gonna go, although once the tech is released obviously a 3rd party headset could be made using it, only problem is it sounds like they are planning on using one unit even in multiple player setups. ie. 4 players on one Wii share one speaker phone unit, if your using a headset made in place of the speaker phone only 1 out of 4 could use it...

Member #
    Friends
    2576-9848-2040-2882
    another thing is, its just fun to talk to other people when you play, like it heightens the experience. i for one would love to trashtalk on GH3 and also like on MOHH2 it would also make thins alot easier, that way you could like, coordinate things alot better. it's not so much as doing it cuz the other consoles do, but just it's a nice addition, and is crucial for some games
    <insert hilarious signature here>

Ads