LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i would love a mii editor that has a camera so you take a picture of yourself so you are actually in the game lol
    Last edited by jones9614; 02-09-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    The concept is sound to help sell games but even Nintendo won't screw ya that bad, they atleast give you a Wii-mote with Wii-play.. ha ha

Sounds like something someone else would do to boost sales... Nintendo doesn't need that kinda help for games, there games sell fine!
    Now maybe the 3rd party will but it would be something added to the game I bet like a GH3 download channel.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I realize that my example was extreme, and I'm now regretting that because thats all you guys want to talk about xD

Can you see them packaging a channel like that with an average or high selling game? Do you think it would still piss people off?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    It probably would piss them off, because you go and spend money for your Wii to be online be it a USB wifi or router whatever, then when you want to buy something for the online part you have to go to a store and buy a game just to get an online channel to play online...

I doubt they would do it for the fact they would lose "potential sales." You want to offer online content thats for sale publicly to everyone with online capability.
    If they cant find the game that comes with the extra online content they cant buy it, even if they wanted to.

They might use the game as a advertisement for a channel and to maybe boost intrest in online overall though. In the end its easier and cheeper to offer something "virtually" instead of physically.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    YES NINJABREAD MAN 2 has been confirmed

but i thin with all games they should make some wii contents, like channle frames. new message envelopes, custom sounds, new cursors, new button styles.

and mii channel content,

but F*** sorry for the explicit language(which is automatically starred), but i cant emphasise my hate for nintendo enough right now, but for gods sake, why cant they see they are loosing there hardcore gamers, by focusing on there casuals gamers way way to much, its not good for them, casual gamers dont buy games as much as us, meaning third party producers, dont get salees so stop making games.

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduk200
    i cant emphasise my hate for nintendo enough right now, but for gods sake, why cant they see they are loosing there hardcore gamers, by focusing on there casuals gamers way way to much, its not good for them, casual gamers dont buy games as much as us, meaning third party producers, dont get salees so stop making games.
    Nintendo isnt the one putting the crap on its systems they put out games like Metroid,Mario Galaxy,Zelda,SSBB, ect. ect. so far ninendo is the ONLY one putting a list of good games on the console! If you want to be mad, be mad at the 3rd party devs. They are the ones shoveling crap onto the system. Get your facts straight.
    They are not loosing the hardcore Nintenod fans they are putting out what we expect. And that is the good Nintendo 1st and 2nd party games, most Nintendo fans dont really care about 3rd party games that much we have never had loads of support in that area.

Does it suck they dont offer the 3rd party line-up that PS and Xbox offer? Of course! it would be nice to be able to play all your favorite games on one console. But in the real world thats not how it works they all fight over ever nickle and dime and that includes game exclusivity. But don't go crying when you switch to an Xbox or PS and have no 1st party support compared to Nintendo. They all do it different, if you want it all buy it all.

And casual gamers buy loads more games and consoles percentage wise than the Hardcore! Obviously it was a smart move on Nintnedo's part to do this being they are winning the consoles war now. Although the games they are offering are no different than any other consoles when it launched.
    Maybe the problem is everyone else is so "hardcore" that they don't know how to offer anything else or appeal to the casual market.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-10-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Can you see them packaging a channel like that with an average or high selling game? Do you think it would still piss people off?
    I could see them doing it only with high-profile games (or ones that really need it). I don't think people would mind unless the channel was mandatory and they had no channel-space left.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    This reminds me of how snippets are added to government bills that are being passed. So and so bill has alot of support and someone who wants something else passed tacks on something extra that is unrelated as well so that the less important law or amendment or whatnot gets passed alongside the important one. Apologies I can't remember the exact name for this.

But yeah, your example was a bad one Leves If they were to package something everyone wanted with a crappy game they would be disliked very quickly. I think they should definitely be packaging demos with highly anticipated games.

You hear about the support nintendo is giving for Fatal Frame and how they endorse other third party games. They need to take it a step further and package demos of third party games with their best selling first party games. As far as channels go, I think it would be ok to bundle a channel with a game that may not sell all that well, but not a channel everyone will want, and not with a game nobody will want. A channel somehow related to the game and not a necessity for a majority of owners might not be a horrible idea.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Nintendo isnt the one putting the crap on its systems they put out games like Metroid,Mario Galaxy,Zelda,SSBB, ect. ect. so far ninendo is the ONLY one putting a list of good games on the console! If you want to be mad, be mad at the 3rd party devs. They are the ones shoveling crap onto the system. Get your facts straight.
    They are not loosing the hardcore Nintenod fans they are putting out what we expect. And that is the good Nintendo 1st and 2nd party games, most Nintendo fans dont really care about 3rd party games that much we have never had loads of support in that area.

Does it suck they dont offer the 3rd party line-up that PS and Xbox offer? Of course! it would be nice to be able to play all your favorite games on one console. But in the real world thats not how it works they all fight over ever nickle and dime and that includes game exclusivity. But don't go crying when you switch to an Xbox or PS and have no 1st party support compared to Nintendo. They all do it different, if you want it all buy it all.

And casual gamers buy loads more games and consoles percentage wise than the Hardcore! Obviously it was a smart move on Nintnedo's part to do this being they are winning the consoles war now. Although the games they are offering are no different than any other consoles when it launched.
    Maybe the problem is everyone else is so "hardcore" that they don't know how to offer anything else or appeal to the casual market.
    The only reason we get crap 3rd party games is because nintendo have driven off the best 3rd party producers, by restricting them.

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    How do they restrict them? they do nothing of the sort. If i wanted to make a Wii game all i would have to do is pay for the license.

The reason the "top" 3rd party titles make it to PS and Xbox is because they pay for exclusive rights to games giving them a fat check before even one copy sells...

Nintendo isn't going to pay you money to sell your game in hopes that you will sell well and they will inturn make an extra buck on license fee's on overall sold games.

Why would Nintendo risk that kinda money when they sell large amounts with there 1st and 2nd party and make way more profits that way? This is the way Nintendo has always been, they are in the gaming buisness not just try to attach there name to it. If you want to add to there sucess go for it but they arn't gonna flip the bill like the other 2 will do just for some extra advertisement.

Nintendo is one of the few that has actually survived making it a buisness. The other 2 current consoles barely break even and use it more as a media/advertising outlet than anything. It's just a big write off to them in the grand scale of there company's.

[Media]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/wezeles/45046650.jpg[/media]
    Spoon feeding 3rd party makes them love you!!!

Didn't think id use this pic twice..
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-10-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Ads