+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Packaging Channels with Games

We all know that WiiFit will come with its own channel, and theres word that Mario Kart will as well. However, Nintendo has yet to use this process as a major sales ploy.

It would work, and it would work well. You've all seen how popular the gimmicky WiiCasual titles are. They've already begun packaging channels with games that they pertain to, but what if [I dare ask] they were to take it a step further? I'm not talking about the 'Okay, I guess this is worth downloading' channels we're getting now, I'm talking about the big guns. You know that more detailed Mii editor you've all been waiting for? Yeah... I think we're beginning to see eye to eye.

So lets say, for example, that Nintendo decides to package a new Mii editor with NinjaBreadMan II. Can you say instant best seller? You know it would happen.

This is purely situational, and I can nearly guarantee that it won't happen. I'm just in the mood for discussion.

So, uhm, yeah. Discuss.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    That would be pretty nutZ!

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    Whoa, never thought of that before. It would sell truly awful games if they had a built in Mii Editor (not that I really want a Mii Editor). However, people would hate Nintendo for this if they did sell it with something like Ninja Bread Man II (I hope that's not a real game). It would raise sales of almost any game but I think people would only accept it as fair if it were to come with something like SSBB or Mario Kart.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    it is a great thought tyler... like the bonus discs included in movies...

i would think that it would be easily installed on a friend's wii if someone went to visit their friend with a wii... but nintendo probably wouldn't care...

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    The latest Q & A session with Iwata which you all can read at gamespot.com ...... he states that he doesn't want to add to the mii editor for fear it will become too complicated and casuals won't use it.

I agree they have missed out on a great opportunity by not sticking demos or demo videos on the discs as Microsoft did with xbox1 games. I don't know if they still do that as I have not used an xbox 360 yet. They should do it on the titles they know will sell well to promote the games that are good but don't get the press such as zack and wiki ...etc..
    Who is writing Ninty the email????
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Member #
    Friends
    7702-6506-3298-6252
    i would rather want a addition to the weather channel i cant find my place where i liv so i have to pick the closest city which is pretty far and i know im crossing the line xbox is buying yahoo we should make a deal with google to get google earth!!!
    Chips from fight klub

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    It would be a nice blow below the belt, but even Nintendo wouldn't do that... ha ha they like money but they wont sell there grandma for bus fair.

I doubt the disk will contain much because alot of Nintendo owners probably dont even have online in the first place Casual gamers see no reason for this unless its already there or they want to download VC games or something.

It will contian updates like it has in the past for people without a wireless connection in there home, but nothign more if anything they will just charge us for stuff we should get for free with an update like "Mii editor" They know only really big fans will even care if there mii's have detail and they will be willing to pay for it!

Member #
    Friends
    I think it's smart, but they should have a secondary option to create folder channels to store maybe VC games, possible game channels, etc. This update would be useless without an obvious need to allow external harddrive use.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    They couldnt really put out a Mii Editor on a disk It has to be downloadable for free because it wouldnt be fair in the Check Mii Out Channel contests of plaza.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The particular channel and thread that I used were not the point of this thread, guys. Discussion on the concept?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads