LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6396-1679-5264-9815
    they should make it a channel for the next update.

:: Call of Duty World at War FC ::
    :: 309433315990 ::

:: Skype = xx_smiles ::

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylian
    They should add a serious system update which would enable the DVD-Video-MP3 capabilities of the wii instead of releasing a hardware add-on. And it would be even greater if this update was for free!!!
    Shit, I wouls still buy it if it was for 500 Wii Points.

But let's say that there is a new Wii that plays DVD and music, would you have to BUY another one or would you be able to just simply "trade it in" for the other one?

"The sky has responded... it gives forth light to bless the heroes' souls. And at the same time, shedding tears of love to alleviate their suffering"

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    i actually don't think this issue is holding the wii back at all. yeah these capabilities would be nice, but i think its a bit ridiculous to say that this is the BIG problem with wii. The only real problem with the wii is the lack of great 3rd party games(yes i know there are a few). Aside from that, a really good online play system as well as lack of internal storage. Those are the biggest issues really. Then you can argue that graphics are holding it back. Then you can maybe complain about the lack of dvd/music playback, but i wouldn't say it's really holding it back, it's just lacking that luxury.

Kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    I put my Wii right next to my DVD player. Problem solved!!!

I guess you could put the Wii on top and tape them together if you wanted them to be "one" system...
    True Eminence Car Club

Sam Houston State University

Member #
    Friends
    2507-5215-4257-2732
    Personally I feel dvd playback should have been on the wii since day 1. I'm in college and good thing my roommate has a 360 or else we wouldn't have a dvd player. Don't get me wrong, I love the wii and would never use it's lack of dvd playback as a reason not to buy one. But I don't see why nintendo would feel that including dvd playback and raising the price maybe $5 per system would make people less interested in buying. Honestly I think it would have raised sales slightly more, if that were even possible ha.
    GHIII FC = 3222 3742 0332

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by X@vier
    so u guys are trying to tell me that i would have to buy a new Wii to get DVD play back?

~X
    nintendo would probably let you trade in your old wii plus like 50 bucks for a new wii with dvd...the wiivd
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Most people already have DVD players. Why would we need another one included with a game system? Nintendo kept the Wii at an affordable price by not including useless bells and whistles.

Member #
    Friends
    according to nintendo, a video game console doesnt need all those special features. the wii focuses on 1 thing, the games, so they can do that the best. (yes nintendo has said this, while designing the forecast channel, internet channel, ect.)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    actually their logic for not including a dvd player in the wii is that dvd players are plentiful, and it would just add an unnecessary bit of cash to the cost of a wii

which i agree with, i have 5 dvd players in my house(two of them are right beside my wii, and another one in the same room)

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    What a load of Bull...

You do not need a DVD playing console. Not for standard DVD's anyways. Sure HDDVD and Blu-ray is a nice perk in the others but its not needed eaither, it just increases the price and hurts sales when not an option. You can go buy a DVD player from Walmart or Radio Shack for what 18.99? I know I picked up a couple cheepo ones for that price at christmas.

It already has Music playback using the MP3's off your SD card. MP3's are way more popular format of music these days than CD's so thats not an issue. If it is to you simply put your cd in your computer download a free program to convert it to MP3 and tada.. music player If you dont have a computer then maybe you shouldn't have bought a Wii..lol

The people that want basic DVD playback are kids that have a Wii and a 15 inch t.v. in there bedroom, save up your allowance and just buy a cheepo dvd player kids better than killing the life of your game consoles. No doubt hours of unneeded DVD playback is a big factor in killing off so many PS2's when they first came out, and probably helped in finnishing off a few strained 360's.

Ads