LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightx
    I'm so damn sick and tired of people arguing over this particular question.

The guy obviously wants to have a Wii that plays DVD's and music and he has his reasons, so let him have his reasons. He doesn't need 5 people telling him to buy a DVD player.

I posted a similar thread a long time ago when I wanted to get a Wii, and I'm pretty sure he's looking for the same thing I am: Some guidance whether or not it's due to be released. They were obviously working on it before, but there haven't been any updates after '06. Just help the guy out instead of berating him for even thinking of the idea. Christ...
    Jesus...

THANK YOU.

You deserve rep.

"The sky has responded... it gives forth light to bless the heroes' souls. And at the same time, shedding tears of love to alleviate their suffering"

Member #
    Friends
    You ban me and delete my post because it's true? It was a valid point, the Wii will never confirm it's power over the next-gen consoles. The cell capabilities of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are far beyond that of the Wii.

I'm not a fanboy of any console, i used to own all three. But it has to be said, you're living in a fantasy world.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 02-13-2008 at 12:10 PM.

A New Legend Is REBORN!! Hylian's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4222-0782-2494-5105
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthHurts
    You ban me and delete my post because it's true? It was a valid point, the Wii will never confirm it's power over the next-gen consoles. The cell capabilities of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are far beyond that of the Wii.

I'm not a fanboy of any console, i used to own all three. But it has to be said, you're living in a fantasy world.
    U're living in a phantasy world mate! Graphics won't save the other 2 consoles!!!
    Quality,Not Quantity!!

Wii username: Hylian
    Wii Code: 4222 0782 2494 5105

Mario Strikers code: 206281 234719

Dragonball Friend Code: 038-782-914-501

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylian
    U're living in a phantasy world mate! Graphics won't save the other 2 consoles!!!

no but that coupled with the games im sure will.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylian
    How you make me laugh.

What is going to save the Wii? It has no serious games which can compete with other platforms, the majority of the games on the Wii are aimed at children.

Member #
    Friends
    there is no one thing that will make one console better than another.
    each of the big 3 have something going for them, but may lack (compared to others) in something the others may do well.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stugots
    no but that coupled with the games im sure will.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthHurts
    How you make me laugh.

What is going to save the Wii? It has no serious games which can compete with other platforms, the majority of the games on the Wii are aimed at children.
    widespread user base. ease of learning to play, interactive, games that dont require hours and hours to be fun.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus
    widespread user base. ease of learning to play, interactive, games that dont require hours and hours to be fun.
    Ease of learning to play? It's aimed at children, and so it should be simple to learn.

Hours and hours to be fun? Most of the games on the true next-gen consoles are fun from the beginning, as well as incredibly deep and detailed. Take Bioshock for instance.

Member #
    Friends
    only if you know how to control the player.
    an fps on a console with dual trigger is not user friendly. it take time to be able to control the person.

Homebrew Channel

Ads