LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger

Give me a few more "good" games and I'll agree.

Devil may cry 4, Assassins creed, (even tho its older) need for speeds, GTA 4, GOW, mass effect, lost planet, motorstorm, F.E.A.R. ECT.

I am glad the RE and manhunts to hit Wii tho

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    and pc is the #1 platform, so obviously people like pc games.
    That and the fact you almost have to have a PC to get along with everyday life these days... paying bills online,e-mail,pictures,home movies, ect. ect.. the list goes on and on... its a convience thing if anything and PC games usually end up being cheeper alot even free when it comes to quick online gaming like pool,chess, ect.

Top purchased PC games are very popular and usually exclusive games like The Sims,Doom,World of Warcraft.. Some of these games have made it to the console world but with little success and much less controlls wise, you need a PC to experience it fully. So its in different market all its own for the most part.

Still the top 10 worldwide sold games of all time are from Console/Handheld games. PC is just the most common thing to find in any home and is the most popular platform because of this. If games are played on it or not they all have games included for the most part. Most arn't made for gaming it's just a perk.

Just think if Toaster's could play games Get a Demo in every Wonder Bread bag.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Does this mean they have plans to make more games to carry the Wii's lifespan as long as the other consoles. I hope so, because having only 4 or 5 good games a year isn't going to cut it.
    They did say they were gonna ramp up the 1st party support now that DS is getting 3rd party support. They are gonna switch there own game developers into Wii mode instead of split 50/50 between the Wii and DS untill Wii gets better support then they will probably work on a new handheld again i would guess.

But what are they gonna bring thats new? Thats all i want to know are they gonna come out with some intresting 1st party or more of the same thing? I like Nintendo games but they could go in a different direction now and again, and i dont mean endless ocean..lol

Member #
    Friends
    People always say a console (360/PS3) is just a PC with a gamepad.

But thats the case with all consoles so I duno why people try to attack one console by saying that. Wii is a "old" PC with motion controls. While 360/PS3 is a "new" PC with gamepad controls.

Who cares? Wii is selling more, 360 is in 2nd, PS3 is third.

No one knows which console is suddenly going to stop selling or which will come out on top.

But I think regardless of the games, Wii will stay strong because the Wii is marketed nicely.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    becuse the wii is selling well dosen't make it strong, i know game developers be stupid not to makes games for the wii but atm were probarly the weakest
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    What else is the guy going to say?

"Well, yeah... It's pretty popular now but in 2 years it'll be an unplayable piece of crap. Whatever you do, don't buy a Wii. It has no future."

I just don't see that being such a good career move.

As far as developers go, if I could crank out the same shooter over and over again with only minor updates over my peers' games (which are made on the same middleware platform), I'd just do that instead of trying to develop for a console where the users are actually expecting something new. On the other hand, if I was trying to make a name for myself or didn't currently have any mass production gaming development on hand, I'd sure like to try to tap that 20 million and growing market.

Member #
    Friends
    i think the bad thing about the wii is that all the good games are sold out

Member #
    Friends
    7702-6506-3298-6252
    ok stugots listen some of those games r not made 4 wii assassins creed NO devil may cry maybe GTA NO and just face facts every system has exclusive games PS3: MGS4, Kingdom hearts XBox 360: halo, gears, mass effect Wii: any mario game, brawl, and animal crossing i only named the big 1s that i kno
    Chips from fight klub

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii Ownz Us All :D

Ads