LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SD Card questions

I know you are able to "Copy" things to the SD card, like saved games and channels, but are you able to run thos of the SD card for space savings?

Example: Save the "Internet Channel" to the SD card and run it from there?

Hub

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by HubMonkey
    I know you are able to "Copy" things to the SD card, like saved games and channels, but are you able to run thos of the SD card for space savings?

Example: Save the "Internet Channel" to the SD card and run it from there?

Hub
    No, you can not. Sorry.

.....At least not yet.

Check my Profile for information on my PC Tech Support services.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Check my Blog for "Program of the Week" every Tuesday. Suggestions welcome, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Welcome to one of the biggest shortcomings of the Wii: the near uselessness of the SD card slot combined with insufficient internal memory. Here Nintendo has the ability to allow for seamless expansion based upon individual user needs, but instead they needlessly handicap the memory expansion slot so that your only options are cumbersome and hardly sufficient.

You should be able to add a 1GB SD card and have the Wii report 1.5GB total system memory, and that's that. But no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    from what I hear they are releasing another "edition" Wii (to screw those of us who own this one) with more memory and DVD playback, im not sure if you'll STILL be able to play games from the DS card even in the new edition.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by stugots
    from what I hear they are releasing another "edition" Wii (to screw those of us who own this one) with more memory and DVD playback, im not sure if you'll STILL be able to play games from the DS card even in the new edition.
    From what you hear from where? Please give a source, as that sounds suspiciously like my own made-up bitter hunch that I said elsewhere on these forums a while back.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I remember reading it awhile back when I googled which was the best SD card to buy for Wii

Member #
    Friends
    4037-1541-1297-8475
    Yeah i heard from a reliable source that the new wii will play dvd/hddvd/blue ray and have the ability to play PS3 and xbox 360 games plus an in built 320gb hard drive to go with the complete media centre software...Honest...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by stugots
    I remember reading it awhile back when I googled which was the best SD card to buy for Wii
    If you're going to believe everything you read on the internet, you need to turn off your computer now and step away, for your own safety.

Go play checkers or something.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Actually the SD card will be very useful for Brawl. I heard you can save replays, and your own custom maps to the card. Nintendo plans on using it for Wiiware in the near future.

Right now I agree it's one of the biggest flaws for the Wii. It can do so much and has been nerfed to do so little.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    If you're going to believe everything you read on the internet, you need to turn off your computer now and step away, for your own safety.

Go play checkers or something.

NEVER said I believed it my post stated I HEARD in which I did, if it is it is if not ohh well.

Ads