Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    Takes deep breath....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...takes another deep breath...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh jeez Factor 5, that totally made my week.
    LOL Holding your breath huh? It's going to be ok. I see it like this. You got alive motion stuff for controls, these guys for graphics competing with capcom, and nintendo for the middle ware on between stuff. I'm hyped and really if your one of the people that want better graphics on the Wii then these guys are the go to guys. I mean really if they can some how get 1024 or 512 normal maps up and running then this is going to be huge. The tools are really coming together and for the first time you have an open 3rd party development structure about to explode on a nintendo console. I mean you have these things then Wii ware about to come out. The dev community is about to get pretty sweet it seems.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    Still doesn't impress me much. UT3 looks pretty good. Granted it could have been better but I dont think Epic Games is that great in the first place. I thought Rouge Squadron 2 was pretty lame. They shouldn't have put that 3rd person shooter parts in the game.

LOL I don't care how lame you though the game play was but I was talking about what they could do with the graphics engine. This is why this is so big! They may not make a god of war yet some one else can. Imagine if suda gets a good graphics engine behind a no more heros 2? Seriously nothing was touching rogue last gen graphically... Also too super turrican was the best 2d shooter in a while way up there with super contra.

Yet I reiterate this is big because they would basically be the epic games of the Wii if this is all true. Epic does not see much money in this area yet factor 5 just has some thing to prove. These guys made lair because they needed money... They are making this to bring the Wii up to standard and also to make money. If they do pull some great stuff off with this suddenly you get an UT3 effect across most Wii software. Do you really think most of those companies can even think about making an engine as good as UT3's... nope...
    id hasn't announced any thing and epic has pretty much ruled the HD market.
    I'm glad these guys are finally stepping up graphics wise. Also most grate engine don't have really great games tied to them lots of times.

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    LOL I don't care how lame you though the game play was but I was talking about what they could do with the graphics engine. This is why this is so big! They may not make a god of war yet some one else can. Imagine if suda gets a good graphics engine behind a no more heros 2? Seriously nothing was touching rogue last gen graphically... Also too super turrican was the best 2d shooter in a while way up there with super contra.

Yet I reiterate this is big because they would basically be the epic games of the Wii if this is all true. Epic does not see much money in this area yet factor 5 just has some thing to prove. These guys made lair because they needed money... They are making this to bring the Wii up to standard and also to make money. If they do pull some great stuff off with this suddenly you get an UT3 effect across most Wii software. Do you really think most of those companies can even think about making an engine as good as UT3's... nope...
    id hasn't announced any thing and epic has pretty much ruled the HD market.
    I'm glad these guys are finally stepping up graphics wise. Also most grate engine don't have really great games tied to them lots of times.
    Again, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think they can match the graphic power of the PS3. More power to them though. I hope they can cuz the Wii needs better games.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    Carmack has been showing off ID Tech 5 since mid '07... just thought I'd throw that out there.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    Carmack has been showing off ID Tech 5 since mid '07... just thought I'd throw that out there.
    True yet is has not been ported to the Wii because it has no harddrive. Seriously the mega texture thing could solve a lot of memory problems if an HD is indeed added. If it's ok for PS3 games like devil may cry then it should be ok for us too right? LOL you know what what if Factor 5 figures out away to let you use your own USB harddrive? Really they should prototype it and present that to nintendo if they do make such a thing. I mean really it just means developing their own driver for the Wii subsystem. Seriously I need to just plug a usb drive up to it to see what happens. letting people plug up their own drive would really really deal a nice blow to the other console prices. I have like 8 external drives floating around the house right now and it would be nice to use them.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    Again, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think they can match the graphic power of the PS3. More power to them though. I hope they can cuz the Wii needs better games.

Thats cool just keep a look out for them now I'll post some thing as soon as I find out.

Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Thats cool just keep a look out for them now I'll post some thing as soon as I find out.
    I'll keep a look out.

Its hard for me to believe that they can create something close to the PS3 after playing Uncharted or Heavenly Sword which have AMAZING visuals. But I know the Wii hasn't been pushed too hard yet so we'll see how close it can get.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    What he really is saying is what the case has been all along.
    Most developers haven't pushed the Wii to its limits graphically (other than Nintendo), and they are aiming to do so. Obviously the overall tech is not the same as Ps3, it can't do the same things it can clearly but the visuals can still look great and almost similar.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    What he really is saying is what the case has been all along.
    Most developers haven't pushed the Wii to its limits graphically (other than Nintendo), and they are aiming to do so. Obviously the overall tech is not the same as Ps3, it can't do the same things it can clearly but the visuals can still look great and almost similar.

Like I said before if they can get lots of 1024-512 normal map textures running on the Wii then yes they can pretty much do this but with a lower resolution lots more stuff is possible. Yet we will see... Mip maps are your friend! optimization !

This should be fun...

Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by dilldog52
    U just like the ps3 cause u are a gay ass mexican dillhole
    Way to be a fanboy

Ads