LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4221-9039-0966-9591

Online Play - How Do You Find People?

I'm new to the Wii, and haven't played any online games yet (in fact, I don't own any yet). How do you go about finding people to play against online? Do they have to be people you've added as friends? (I *have* added friends from here thanks to the "post your wii code" thread)

Or do you go to a server of some sort and find a list of people who are also looking for people to play against?

Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    depends on the game. like brawl is going to let you play people on your friends list but most game right know you dont play friends you play with random people
    Mii Channels: internet, smb, smb3, caslevania, everybody votes, check mii out, kirbys adventures, mario bros, metroide, donkey kong, pokemon snap, super mario 64, wave race 64, mario kart 64, paper mario, Super metroide, star fox 64, Street Fighter 2

Member #
    Friends
    4221-9039-0966-9591
    So for the ones that you play random people, how does it happen? Do you just click something to say you want to play online, and it finds someone for you? Or do you go to a "waiting room" to find people, and click on them to see if they want to play or something?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdavis
    So for the ones that you play random people, how does it happen? Do you just click something to say you want to play online, and it finds someone for you?
    Yes, this is how it works for the most part.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdavis
    I'm new to the Wii, and haven't played any online games yet (in fact, I don't own any yet). How do you go about finding people to play against online? Do they have to be people you've added as friends? (I *have* added friends from here thanks to the "post your wii code" thread)

Or do you go to a server of some sort and find a list of people who are also looking for people to play against?

Thanks!
    The only correct game with decent online play is Mario strikers. And there are forums everywhere for finding friends, mostly to do with Xbox live, as it's so much better than crappy Wii connect 24.

_-..:////:{- LmR UK -}:////:..-_

Weegee loves his teas! :3

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Some games require the use of friend codes to play, which is the code that comes with the games when you buy it. You each need to add each others code to play. Games like Battalion Wars 2 and Mario Strikers do this.

Some games though only require an internet connection and you simply connect to EA's server, which is done in the game when you go to the online part of it. Games like Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 and NBA Live 08 do this.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Some games require the use of friend codes to play, which is the code that comes with the games when you buy it. You each need to add each others code to play. Games like Battalion Wars 2 and Mario Strikers do this.
    You can play against random people in both of those games without needing friend codes. You will need friend codes for playing against your friends, unlike the EA examples you mentioned which use their own servers. I suspect this is what you meant, but I just wanted to clarity the point about Mario Strikers and Battalion Wars.

Ads