LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I will try and get a screen shot of it tonight. Thanks.

I like my Wii...A LOT!!! pantherfan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    First make sure that the cables are well connected. Second this sounds like it is the cables. i would try your cables that came with the wii. There is also a small chance that the inputs on your tv are faulty.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    doubtful.

The componet Cables themself support the basic colors "red,green,blue" that make up the picture, if it was a cabel issue you would have one of these colors drop out and all colors would look off because of it.

Same would go for the inputs for the t.v., it would loose an entire color source, probably even the picture all together, most t.v's will not display componet sources without all 3 colors being there.

Being this is an issue with "fog,shadows" white,grey,black colors, it's more likely the picture processing of the t.v. itself and not the input source. Probably no real fix and the only way to determin if this is the issue is to find other sources "besides the Wii" with the same fog/shadow effects.

I like my Wii...A LOT!!! pantherfan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    You are right wezeles. But there have been occasions when there are internal problems with the inputs.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Even then you would loose an entire color not just "fog" effects, it would be further down the line than the inputs themself. It could be a problem with the board, effecting every input source, but not just one source.

But this is a pretty common problem with these newer style televisions, some just can't process this type of effect as well. It's not something wrong, it just can't handle the effect with what it uses.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Our 55" Rear projection did this with the standard Wii cables. I noticed it with Resi4, where there are kinda......scattered horizontal lines through the fog, and its kinda 'noisy' pixelated...only word I can use to describe it is hazy, but thats kinda the point...
    With the official component cables i havent noticed it as much, but I think its still present, making me think its a limitation with the Wii.
    Last edited by Deanis; 03-02-2008 at 12:40 AM.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    I get it with mine too on my 52 DLP "projection" It will do it with any source, but the better the signal the less noticable it will be. 480-pops out bad, 1080-still there but not as bad.

Not that the bad effect is gone, in reality it's "shrunk down" because of the native screen resolution. The worst happens when im using SD in 4:3 and try to strech it to 16:9 on the t.v. Although thsi type of effect rarely pops up in games or movies so it's not the end of the world to me, I've learned to live with it.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Yea it doesnt bother me at all...I just noticed it, then got over it.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    The only thing I could think of is switching your component cables to a better brand. I never trusted Mad Catz, try the official Nintendo cables and see if the problem persist.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey guys, thanks for the input. I have not had a chance to get a pic of this up, but I will.

As for the idea of trying a different game....... Call of Duty looks amazing through HDMI on my Xbox 360 and PS3. You know when you throw a smoke bomb, this would be pixelated on my Wii. So I am not sure what the problem is, but nice to know others know what I am trying to say.

I am sure it is a limitation with console/game. I think that HDTV is beginning to spoil us all. Hell, when I was a kid, I was lucky to have a 19inch color TV in my room.

Anyways, I will try to follow up with a picture as soon as I can. My problem is that I have no internet right now, so I follow up with this thread at work.

FWIW, I have my component cables ran through a component video switcher. I tried running them straight to my TV just to see if it helped...... And it did not So, I am sure it is not a connection problem. As I have said, I play in "Game Mode" and I have tried messing around with turning that ON and OFF and a few other settings in my TV, but no luck.....

-rockstar

Ads