+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Problems with Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownCityRoyal
    i dont kno whats going on, but i put in the wii sports dvd and it keeps telling me that im getting an error with the disc. the weird thing is that its brand new, and when i tried my red steel, it worked fine. im just wondering if i got a bad version of wii sports or if in fact i have a defective wii
    BRAND NEW!?
    whered you find a brand new WII SPORTS

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    BRAND NEW!?
    whered you find a brand new WII SPORTS
    Uhm, I found my brand new Wii Sports in the box with my console.

Member #
    Friends
    1084-0432-1596-6159
    haha, yea... i noticed that i have some problems with the Wii Sports dvd too. all other games, load fine. but with the Sports DVD i gotta eject and insert again. not a real problem, cuz it usually works on the 2nd time i put it in. i just hope it doesnt stop working all completly.. those games are kinda fun
    pm me if you have added me as ur friend, so i can add you too

Member #
    Friends
    Not sure if you've resolved your problem, but from the looks of it, you're not the only one with this issue. I also get disc read errors quite often when trying Wii sports. At first I also got the errors with Zelda too. The cinematics in Zelda are really whacked when the disk isn't reading properly.

I've seen numerous suggestions. Some folks suggest calling Nintendo support, I've tried this, but they always say to call back later. Other folks have suggested moving it away from magnetic sources. In my case, my Wii was sitting next to a speaker. Lets hope that moving it actually fixed the problem. Wii sports was picked up the first time, which is a rarity for me.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    its very unlikely you will get a defective wii i know like 10 people in rl who have one and they all work perfectly fine if you get a defective wii or defective software nintendo will gladly replace it for free with a simple phone call. Nintendo has awsome customer service when i had to get my ds replaced they sent me a brand new one in a couple days and when i got it i just transfered my settings to the new one and mailed it to them its like $5 shipping i think other then that its all free

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    8176-6491-2940-7966

the wii worth it

poor people my wii works perfectly for all of my games ohh the wait (15 hours
    ) was totaly worth it dont you think si and dont reply if you dont even have a wii yet
    Twaun
    8176 6491 2940 7966
    Twaun

Member #
    Friends
    That's funny! I'm having the SAME EXACT problem with my Wii Sports disk, but my Twilight Princess disk works perfectly every time. I'm so glad that it's not just MY Wii Sports disk. I was beginning to think I'm crazier then I was before.

Hey if you keep trying, it will eventually work. If I put it in so that the Title "Wii Sports" is at the top of the disk, it usually works for me. (yeah I know it's all in my head but it still usually works)
    I have the exact same situation...sometimes Wii Sports will work first time...sometimes it takes up to 6-7 tries before it takes...but every other game loads just fine. I wonder if Nintendo Support can resend out a non defective disk if I call

Member #
    Friends
    3584-3210-8122-4969
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    We have got to understand that we are hearing about the problems on the forum because the people who are not having problem aren't making a new thread saying: "Hey guys, my new Wii WORKS!" The people with the problems are the ones creating a new thread stating their problem. And that is the reason it looks like Nintendo sent out more defective consoles than working consoles. If anything, the 360 launch was a debauchery with the 3 red rings of death and overheating/freezing consoles. So anyone in England worried about gettinbg a defective Wii should really not worry at all.
    Very true, not many people are gonna take time away from playing their perfectly fine Wii to let everyone know that it works, same thing happened with the Xbox 360 forums when I got mine, everyone was posting problems but it was a very small percent that were actually messed up, but you only hear from the ones with problems, for the most part that is.

SSBB FC: 3308-4286-6848
    SSBB Nickname
    : Burns

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bluphoenix
    Residence: Michigan
    Please Add me to SSBB, PM me if you do.

Member #
    Friends
    Mine has the issue also.. Disc not recognized. I looked very closely at it and there are 2 small scratches on the disc. The disc spends 99% of its time in the Wii and the other 1% has been in the cardboard jacket so I can only assume it somehow got scratched when removing it from the cardboard jacket.

How do I go about getting another disc? I guess I'll just email nintendo

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by slag
    How do I go about getting another disc? I guess I'll just email nintendo
    You can either email or call Nintendo (see http://support.nintendo.com/ or call 1-800-255-3700). I just got off the phone with them. We did a little trouble shooting with my Wii to make sure that wasn't the problem (thankfully), and in the end concluded that it may be a bad Wii Sports disc. They're UPSing me another one in a few days here. Total time of the call was about 20 minutes from dial tone to hangup.

The guy on the phone was quite helpful. We moved the Wii a bit. Put in multiple discs over and over. Rotated the Wii. Repeated the disc thing. Magically it worked quite well during the tests, but they're still sending me a replacement disk.

I mentioned the whole moving the Wii away from the speakers and the rep said that they didn't have anything in particular on that issue in their troubleshooting guide, but had heard the same thing. If the speakers were the problem, they would have had ramifications on other parts of the system, which I did not see.

Anyway, maybe it was dumb luck that moving my system away from the speakers helped. Maybe it actually did something. In either case, the new Wii Sports is a troubleshooting method. If the disc works, we know the problem is most likely on the original disc and not with my Wii.

Ads