LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    My Wii had a defective remote. The pointer wouldn't work. Nintendo is sending my replacement (should be here today) and then I have to send the bad one back.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii is in stock on Sears.com

Member #
    Friends
    my wii was working fine and all of a sudden i couldn't put my mii's on mingle and in the ones that were already on mingle, the mingle icon has gon blurry. I think somehow my mingle function was deactvated, please some help!

Member #
    Friends
    I have nothing helpful to contribute, but the sensor problems make Wii boxing both very frustrating and very funny. We have this glass/steel coffee table thats too heavy to push out of the way, so we play behind it (probably too far away from the sensor) and i've almost fallen over it a million times trying to find the ideal spot to play from.
    Enter the Wii Would Like To Play video contest... go to wii.heavy.com

Member #
    Friends
    7883-3897-0189-4106

Happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by moriddim
    Hi everyone,

I seem to have what might be a new issue here as I've had trouble finding other posts about it.

I just got a Wii about 4 or 5 days ago and every time I power down the system by pushing the on/off switch on the Wii itself, the green status light stays on. To make things worse, the Wii can no longer be turned on again from this point. The reset button does not work either. The only button that does work is the eject button and games can also be reinserted, but once they are, again, the system does not boot up like it should.

Today I found that if I use the Wii remote to power up and power down the system, it sometimes works the way it should, but often I hit the same wall.

Would you say this Wii is defective and that I should exchange it for a new one?

Any other suggestions?

-pk-

That happened to me, so I just unplugged it and left i there for a while, then when I turned played a bit then off it was working fine. Hope it doesn't happen again...

Member #
    Friends
    7883-3897-0189-4106
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentformaiden
    my wii has been auto updating for about 2 days straight. the disc tray thing is lit blue, which means it still is. i dont want to turn it on because im not sure what will happen. has this ever happened with anyone else?
    When the light is blue while its off means you got an email or mail from someone through wiiconnect24. You can turn it on and look at them. Updates are only done while the console is on to the hardware.

Member #
    Friends

Power issues

Quote Originally Posted by Matt11
    That happened to me, so I just unplugged it and left i there for a while, then when I turned played a bit then off it was working fine. Hope it doesn't happen again...
    Thanks,

Actually, I tried turning the Wii on its side, and it has since worked better, however, when loading games or Wii channels, sometimes the Wii just stops as far as I understand. I will sit and wait minutes and nothing will happen. One time, perhaps coincidentally, I touched the Wii with my hand to feel if anything was moving inside, and it then loaded the Wii channel I was trying to access.

Still, though, I would like to call Nintendo as I think this Wii is defective. Loading channels and games should be somewhat instantaneous right? The screen shouldn't go black for an indeterminable amount of time...

=pk=

Member #
    Friends
    8160-5319-6257-2561
    Quote Originally Posted by moriddim
    Thanks,

Actually, I tried turning the Wii on its side, and it has since worked better, however, when loading games or Wii channels, sometimes the Wii just stops as far as I understand. I will sit and wait minutes and nothing will happen. One time, perhaps coincidentally, I touched the Wii with my hand to feel if anything was moving inside, and it then loaded the Wii channel I was trying to access.

Still, though, I would like to call Nintendo as I think this Wii is defective. Loading channels and games should be somewhat instantaneous right? The screen shouldn't go black for an indeterminable amount of time...

=pk=
    On my Wii, there is almost instentaneous, and doesn't go black for any of my channels. How long does your wii go black for, if it's like a second, I don't think it would be a problem, but if it's a long time, I would call Nintendo.

Anyways, my problem is my Wii for Zelda is missing the sword sound once I hooked it up to our surround sound system. I have tried changing all sound settings on the Wii, but nothing has worked. It also happens on many other games like Red Steel and Madden. It worked on a regular TV. It's a panasonic 5.1 (has 6 speakers) system, and I have it hooked up through a DVR that also acts as a TV(i have a projector). could this be a wii problem, or is it more of a problem with the sound system?

Thanks ssbb_lover! Still trying to get skillz @ siggy makin
    SUCK IT FANBOYS

Member #
    Friends
    7883-3897-0189-4106
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinhedge

Anyways, my problem is my Wii for Zelda is missing the sword sound once I hooked it up to our surround sound system. I have tried changing all sound settings on the Wii, but nothing has worked. It also happens on many other games like Red Steel and Madden. It worked on a regular TV. It's a panasonic 5.1 (has 6 speakers) system, and I have it hooked up through a DVR that also acts as a TV(i have a projector). could this be a wii problem, or is it more of a problem with the sound system?
    The Wii doesnt support any other surround sound systems other than Dolby Pro logic II so that might be your problem.

PS. My screen goes black too but only for 2 seconds. I turned the wii on its side cuz it froze sometimes and now its fine.

Member #
    Friends
    umm my wii is stuck ion an update and i don't want to turn it off what do i do

Ads