LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Troubleshooting

Please keep post any Wii problems you may be experiencing in this thread, whether it be hardware issues or software configurations.

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    ((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
    One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.
    Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...
    Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.

Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
    --Kumo
    _________

Member #
    Friends
    How close are you to the sensor bar? I find it works best at a min of 2.5ft away. I too had similar issues in Redsteel, but no more. It seems to take some time getting used to, once you've mastered the controls, the game becomes natural to play.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends

Sensor Bar

The one thing I'm trying to investigate now is the sensor bar. I played with the system through most of the night at a friend's house on a LARGE television, and with the sensor bar place right bellow the bottom of the screen, I had to point the remote really far down to get the cursor to show up on screen.

In fact when i point it right at the sensor bar, the cursor is in the middle of the screen. Has anyone found a way to adjust the sensor bar configuration in anyway? My console is currently hooked up to my network and about 75% through downloading the system update. Really hoping theres a fix in the update.

Member #
    Friends

bad news

UPDATE: I just finished the System Update, addin Wii Shop functionality and SD memory card support. At first glance though, nothing has changed on the sensor bar configuration. Are we doomed to point slightly below or above our screens on Wii games? Can we not point right at our targets like in the commercials? Please Nintendo... please anybody.... I am still in love with this system but i want it to be PERFECT, it can be perfect

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm sure there'll be a way to configure this. I mean c'mon, it'd be silly to put in a pointer ability that can't be configured... Just think Time Crisis, they had a similar build up for the light gun (I think) which you calibrate before playing.

Consult your Wii Manual if you haven't already, there'll be something on the start-up screen options for calibrating your Wii pointer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

Member #
    Friends
    yeah not even an hour after I got the Wii, it overheated and froze on me, and no I do not have the ventilation blocked. I had to hard reset it because none of the front buttons would work.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ... Woah... D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Leilock
    The one thing I'm trying to investigate now is the sensor bar. I played with the system through most of the night at a friend's house on a LARGE television, and with the sensor bar place right bellow the bottom of the screen, I had to point the remote really far down to get the cursor to show up on screen.

In fact when i point it right at the sensor bar, the cursor is in the middle of the screen. Has anyone found a way to adjust the sensor bar configuration in anyway? My console is currently hooked up to my network and about 75% through downloading the system update. Really hoping theres a fix in the update.
    I'm having similar issues. It seems as though they just made it so that the center of the sensor bar itself is defaulted as the center of the screen. This isn't a huge annoyance yet, but I'm sure it will be once we have games that don't give us reticles when aiming. Then what will we do? I sent an email to Nintendo customer service. Hopefully I'll get a response different than a form letter. I'll let you know.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by zebov
    I'm having similar issues. It seems as though they just made it so that the center of the sensor bar itself is defaulted as the center of the screen. This isn't a huge annoyance yet, but I'm sure it will be once we have games that don't give us reticles when aiming. Then what will we do? I sent an email to Nintendo customer service. Hopefully I'll get a response different than a form letter. I'll let you know.
    I agree, being able to configure the bar so the "Zero point", can be set anywhere infront of you instead of being defaulted to the heigh of the sensor bar itself. As of right now, it's all good, but I am hoping to see something eventually with more options.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Ads