+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You really must admit.

Nintendo knows how to make money.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    You really must admit.

Nintendo knows how to make money.
    *Sigh* I guess so. You just know that the 60% of the younger Wii audience is going to convince their parents to pay for the online, no matter how garbage it is. And if Nintendo is smart enough to play off of that possibility, nay, inevitability, then they must be pretty damn smart.

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    Quote Originally Posted by Nookslave
    ...What? That doesn't even make sense. Charging money doesn't make it the best, the features make it the best. It's logical that they can charge money, though, because they provide such an enjoyable experience online. I've only said it 3 times now.
    no wat your saying is "it has to be payed for so it can be good"

it doesn't have to cost money to be good.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkw0101
    no wat your saying is "it has to be payed for so it can be good"

it doesn't have to cost money to be good.
    That isn't what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that it's reasonable to pay for Xbox Live because it's the definitive online experience. What you're saying is that if it's being paid for, it's good. They're two completely different things.

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    yea but if it's good does not mean it has to be charged for, nintendo can make good online and still make the money for it from the extra money they rack up from selling games and the money they get from VC downloads.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkw0101
    yea but if it's good does not mean it has to be charged for, nintendo can make good online and still make the money for it from the extra money they rack up from selling games and the money they get from VC downloads.
    I never said it has to be charged for if it's good, I said that it is reasonable
    for online to be charged for it it's very good online. I never said it had to be.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    if you people actually read the artical you would see that it has been stressed that not all games will use this new service.

also nintendo online is not bad. sure there are friendcodes, but atleast we still have random matches. you cant say the current online is bad because there is no voice chat. i guarantee that the wii will have voicechat.

the only thing that seperates the wii online and XBL is the modes online, downloadable content and friend codes. the first to will most likely change in nintendo's favour with this new service.

Member #
    Friends
    they should start using something like the gamertag instead of these codes

Currently Playing
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
    Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
    Call of Duty 4(360)

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo is making the right move in my mind. Thing is, XBL has such rich and cool content because you pay for it. Your money goes towards building a better online community, PERIOD!! If you can play games for free online, what incentive do developers have to create new downloadable content if they will not get paid for it? It's like saying, why do they have to charge for VC games? Because it's not free for them. Try playing Madden 08 online via Wii then Madden 08 via XBL.... notice the HUGE difference? That's the difference between free and paying. We will not get headsets because headsets are not free to make. Why would they go through ALL of the hassle of creating voice chat games just so people can use it for free. It costs money to create better gaming plateau's for you gamers. You wanted headsets, they are now coming, you wanted downloadable content, they are now coming, you wanted no friend codes, they are coming. Pay to play will delete the friend codes because the free games will use them as a boost for you to go with Pay and Play. Wii's online revolution is coming but it will not be free and it can't be .

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawVAuto
    Nintendo is making the right move in my mind. Thing is, XBL has such rich and cool content because you pay for it. Your money goes towards building a better online community, PERIOD!! If you can play games for free online, what incentive do developers have to create new downloadable content if they will not get paid for it? It's like saying, why do they have to charge for VC games? Because it's not free for them. Try playing Madden 08 online via Wii then Madden 08 via XBL.... notice the HUGE difference? That's the difference between free and paying. We will not get headsets because headsets are not free to make. Why would they go through ALL of the hassle of creating voice chat games just so people can use it for free. It costs money to create better gaming plateau's for you gamers. You wanted headsets, they are now coming, you wanted downloadable content, they are now coming, you wanted no friend codes, they are coming. Pay to play will delete the friend codes because the free games will use them as a boost for you to go with Pay and Play. Wii's online revolution is coming but it will not be free and it can't be .
    Number one Sony allows voice chat on its free online service. Also it is in no way a fact that this new service will eliminate friend codes or provide us with voice chat.

Ads