LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    How much did your PC cost you btw? With all your things put together.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree totally with the op and all of your comments people
    If something isn't working try turning it off and on again

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm a geek. I can appreciate good graphics. I am jealous of the good graphics of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

However, the games on the Wii make me plenty-happy and several don't have equals on the other platforms. So I live with the graphics and use the money I saved on other things (like more games). And owning/playing a Wii doesn't make me feel "dirty".
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer
    Graphics by themselves do not make a game great. I've played some really good games that have weak graphics and I've also played games with stunning graphics and weak gameplay. Graphics do add to a game's appeal but I wouldn't buy a game just because it looks amazing.

Nintendo took a risk when creating the Wii, the system could have flopped. Instead of dropping money into the video cards, they looked into new technology to make games more enjoyable for all types of gamers, not just the hardcore gamer niche. Now that they know they have something that will survive the technological market, the next attempt will have better visual specs as well as online capabilities.

As the original poster said, if you want stunning hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3. And I'll also add, if you want fun and intuitive gameplay, pick up any system and try the games before you buy.
    true. i was given a choice between ps3, 360 and wii and i chose wii because i wanted to have fun and also because i have been a nintendo loyalist since the snes days. sure 360 and ps3 have great grafx with good gameplay but thats not what i am after, for this generation atleast.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Graphic don't make a game, i always played intelivision in the early 80's before my dad bought 2 nintendos, one for him and one for me. i remember my favorite intelivision games were tank battle, Dungons and Dragons, snapfu, donky kong. then came nintendo, zelda and castlevania were my 2 all time faavorite. but I bought these rediculesly diffeclt video games, one was Blaster Master and 2 was Nightmare on elms street and 3rd was Friday the 13th. I traded them into funcoland, once my babysitter bought me the game Dr jekel and Mr. Hayde, i took it back no more than 5 to 10 minutes ugh that game was so horrorable. if ninty ever releases Dr. Jekel & Mr. Hayde on the VC then we know the world is coming to a end.

I would love to see intelivision makes its way to VC,

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    true. i was given a choice between ps3, 360 and wii and i chose wii because i wanted to have fun and also because i have been a nintendo loyalist since the snes days. sure 360 and ps3 have great grafx with good gameplay but thats not what i am after, for this generation atleast.
    Even though you said 360 and PS3 have good graphics and good gameplay you make it seem like 360/PS3 are not fun by saying "i chose wii because i wanted to have fun"

I chose the Wii as my first console (was supposed to be only console) because I saw the price was a very cheap $250 and I thought at the time that the motion controls were cool. Then I realized most of it was just "waggle, waggle" and they had horrible 3rd party support. I didn't care for graphics, infact I thought the Wii looked fine. I never even see screenshots of 360 games because I was more of a PC gamer and I played games with bad graphics like counter-strike. But I noticed 360 had a price drop and saw they had more games so I got one. It never had to do with graphics, yet I never thought the Wii was more "fun". It's just the other consoles were more expensive.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Even though you said 360 and PS3 have good graphics and good gameplay you make it seem like 360/PS3 are not fun by saying "i chose wii because i wanted to have fun"

I chose the Wii as my first console (was supposed to be only console) because I saw the price was a very cheap $250 and I thought at the time that the motion controls were cool. Then I realized most of it was just "waggle, waggle" and they had horrible 3rd party support. I didn't care for graphics, infact I thought the Wii looked fine. I never even see screenshots of 360 games because I was more of a PC gamer and I played games with bad graphics like counter-strike. But I noticed 360 had a price drop and saw they had more games so I got one. It never had to do with graphics, yet I never thought the Wii was more "fun". It's just the other consoles were more expensive.
    i meant fun as in like "swing wiimote to hit the baseball" rather than "memorize the 12 button combination"

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    EGM is so biased it ruins the whole magazines. Reviews, previews, comments, tips, all of them are unreliable because of their biases.

BOYCOTT EGM.
    I have already started. I think ALL Wii/DS owners should boycott this lame and unreliable magazine.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    EGM is so biased it ruins the whole magazines. Reviews, previews, comments, tips, all of them are unreliable because of their biases.

BOYCOTT EGM.
    I have already started. I think ALL Wii/DS owners should boycott this lame and unreliable magazine.
    amen. i did too. and its not just egm, its the most of the gaming community in general. u even see other gamers and wii owners saying stuff like that.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    amen. i did too. and its not just egm, its the most of the gaming community in general. u even see other gamers and wii owners saying stuff like that.
    I used to love EGM as a little boy. They gave me reliable info on Street Fighter II, Vectorman, and Donkey Kong Country. Now all they do is give biased opinions about Nintendo and all the magic has faded away.

They find any reason to talk crap about Nintendo products and fans.
    They once did an investigation on the PSP and DS durability. They found out that the DS was more durable. And instead of giving praise to Nintendo for making a sturdy product, I don't remember the exact phrasing, but they said something like: "The DS is stronger because it is built to withstand Kool-Aid and crayons". In other words, calling DS owners little kids. EGM makes me sick.

Ads