Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8799-9801-1544-7718

We know ok!!!!!!

Hi people, this is a rant ill warn u in advance. Lately i have been hearing about people complaining wiis graphics. I was reading egm and they had their revieew of resident evil 4 on wii. they said that the graphics no longer impress after seeing games in hi def for 2 years. also in the same magazine, in the review of smg, they said that it wouldnt hurt if wii was a bit more powerful. the graphics are good but not excellent. also in a thread posted by zapsant93, someone from ngamer reviews brawl and doesnt like wii in general. u would think that wii owners would know that the graphics are not on par with 360 and ps3 after hearing about it for a year and a half. They think they are being subtle in mocking wiis graphics but we know. So my point is that we know that wiis graphics are not good. no need to keep reminding us. if us wii owners have no problem with it, why should u? if u want hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3, leave us alone.

'nuff said

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    agreed

Thank for the nice sig MikemasterM1

Wii online : 5641-0493-8594-3830
    pokemon platinum: 0259 6173 2215 name Trey
    Poke Diamond FC: 2192 3518 7613 name Ryan

Dal
    Member #
    Friends
    8085-7630-2439-1842
    Yes, the game critics need to get that through their thick heads.....along with people who chose 360 or PS3 over Wii.

^Thanks Monsteroids^

Member #
    Friends
    6170-4390-0177-1675
    true i hate when they do the if only it was on 360 it would look much better crap.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    It's the deffensive "videophile" gamer. These so called "hardcore graphics" gamers that want there systems specs to be top each year.

Just poor sports because there system is loosing to a more "popish" system on the sales end.

It was the same way for the IPod, sure there are better MP3 players on the market, they have more features,memory,larger screen ect. ect. but people still picked up the user friendly simple IPod over and over again making it number one.

Now its happening in the Video Game Console world and they are just being deffensive. There is no reason to be in my opinion, all the consoles do excellent in one way or another and they all are selling more than enough that they will still be around for another generation, so there is nothing to be deffensive or scared about. Im geeked about all the competition this round its only good for the gamers when the consoles have to fight this much to be "cutting edge" we get the most for our dollar when things get flipped upside down and more people join the gaming community!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Not to mention the fact that RE4 is a hastily-done port and doesn't even take full-advantage of the Wii's graphics hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Most of the people complaining about Wii graphics (in this forum) are either random new Wii owners or people who seem to be getting tired of their system while seeing all these gameplay trailers and screenshots of 360/PS3 games and are envious.

I think Wii graphics are fine, I think RE4, SMG, MP3, Zelda:TP, Godfather, etc. all look fine even after playing my 360 alot. As long as everything doesn't feel all dark and cloudy to where it feels like I can't tell whats going on then its fine.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

OSG = Old School Gamer Thor's Hammer's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Graphics by themselves do not make a game great. I've played some really good games that have weak graphics and I've also played games with stunning graphics and weak gameplay. Graphics do add to a game's appeal but I wouldn't buy a game just because it looks amazing.

Nintendo took a risk when creating the Wii, the system could have flopped. Instead of dropping money into the video cards, they looked into new technology to make games more enjoyable for all types of gamers, not just the hardcore gamer niche. Now that they know they have something that will survive the technological market, the next attempt will have better visual specs as well as online capabilities.

As the original poster said, if you want stunning hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3. And I'll also add, if you want fun and intuitive gameplay, pick up any system and try the games before you buy.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer
    Graphics by themselves do not make a game great. I've played some really good games that have weak graphics and I've also played games with stunning graphics and weak gameplay. Graphics do add to a game's appeal but I wouldn't buy a game just because it looks amazing.

Nintendo took a risk when creating the Wii, the system could have flopped. Instead of dropping money into the video cards, they looked into new technology to make games more enjoyable for all types of gamers, not just the hardcore gamer niche. Now that they know they have something that will survive the technological market, the next attempt will have better visual specs as well as online capabilities.

As the original poster said, if you want stunning hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3. And I'll also add, if you want fun and intuitive gameplay, pick up any system and try the games before you buy.
    I like that... Most people will try to act like the Wii is the only one thats fun and 360/PS3 have bad gameplay simply because graphics.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    100% agreed! I have to admit, I am a graphics whore. But I already know the Wii does not have the hardware to output good graphics. What made me get the Wii is it's controls, not it's graphics. To satisfy my graphics, I have a great PC so it goes hand in hand with my Wii.

Ads