LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Lol Wiitness... You being a Wii only owner calling something a gimmick? Aren't you being hypocritical? So many times have I seen complaints of people getting mad that Wii's motion controls are called a gimmick but then you call PS HOME a gimmick... The Irony...

Anyway... I thought when Wii was first released that it would have something like HOME when I saw they had Mii's. I was disappointed when they didn't have anything like that. Then when I was PS was making it, I was thinking this is what Nintendo should have done.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

btg
    Member #
    Friends
    they could easily port second life over to the wii

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Lol Wiitness... You being a Wii only owner calling something a gimmick? Aren't you being hypocritical? So many times have I seen complaints of people getting mad that Wii's motion controls are called a gimmick but then you call PS HOME a gimmick... The Irony... The Wii mote makes games fun to control and actually control better from my use this has a use.....

Anyway... I thought when Wii was first released that it would have something like HOME when I saw they had Mii's. I was disappointed when they didn't have anything like that. Then when I was PS was making it, I was thinking this is what Nintendo should have done.
    LOL I never called the Wii a gimmick and I do own a PC that totally crushes any HD system you want to bring to the table. People call the Wii controls a gimmick because they have no value for them or either can't use them good. I've been calling the whole HD thing a gimmick for a while now because they haven't gone beyond just having good graphic yet.

So why do you want Home on the Wii this is what I want to know? It seems empty is it not. You have achievements and a house...LOL Yet what is it going to be used for? I heard it was going to be used to sell games too? So will you stand in line to buy them? Is it a virtual IM for gaming? Is that needed? The biggest question is do you think people will buy this system just to have HOME?

The purpose of Wii sports is to bring in gamers to try out the Wii controls. Mii are there to give new users a graphical interface for a name. This is used in game lots of times to do what the 1p and 2p could not do. No one can mistake their face as the other player...LOL

I see so many people gushing about this but whats the point? We have second life and the sims on PC so far, this would be like the sims go to the arcade... which seems to be a very limited experience. If it's not then let me know.

It seems other people thinks it's going to be away to see whos online... so this is basically a gamer notification with a graphical interface? Will it fix in game messaging? Will if fix in game invites. Is it voice enabled? Is this going to be SONY version of E3...LOL with lots of unwashed gamers roaming every where...LOL

Really what is it about this service that makes you so hype.
    Last edited by WiitnessID; 02-28-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    What the hell are you talking about... I never said you called the Wii a gimmick...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    I think Nintendo doesn't allow ideas from the public in case of future lawsuits. You know how people are.

Anyways, maybe HOME will be a big disappointment and will just suck. As of right now we don't know.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    I think Nintendo doesn't allow ideas from the public in case of future lawsuits. You know how people are.

Anyways, maybe HOME will be a big disappointment and will just suck. As of right now we don't know.
    I'm with you man I don't know but I really want to know why every one is so excited for it? I'm failing to see the big idea unless you where all fans of second life?

Member #
    Friends
    We should definatley have some kind of 'Home'. Even if its not as advanced as the PS3, id love to have an interactive world where miis can meet up and chat, play mini-games, have tournaments, etc, etc.

For example, you could have a chess match, a snooker table, Table football, the list goes on.
    MOH:H2 = Killer12345
    Add me .
    www.theplanetx.com

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillieto
    We should definatley have some kind of 'Home'. Even if its not as advanced as the PS3, id love to have an interactive world where miis can meet up and chat, play mini-games, have tournaments, etc, etc.

For example, you could have a chess match, a snooker table, Table football, the list goes on.
    So basicly Wii sports or play 2 would crush this? Minus the chat...LOL

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    If Wii Sports had online it would crush Xbox Live and Halo 2 online.

"OMGZorZZ!! CaLiKo You so StOoPID! The HAlos OnLines Was HuGe!! And XbOX LiVe Is FTW!!!!"

Well first of all. Wii sports is a damn Worldwide addiction. Ranging from little 8 year old girls beating the hell out of their dads in boxing(check youtube) to actual organized senior citizen tournaments in bowling(check youtube)

Second of all, with Wii Sports online. It would encourage all the casual and hardcore gamers to jump into online gaming. Include those who never even heard of such a thing.

Third, and most importantly, Wii Sports is packed in with ALL Wii's. Meaning there is potential for over 20 million online players for a single game. Nintendo really missed an oppurtunity of a lifetime there.

Why show off your Mii's look, when you can show what it can DO?

Member #
    Friends
    Cal there will be a Wii sports 2 watch. Nintendo is just giving the 3rd parties a chance to make some money.....LOL

Ads