LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Does Pokemon on Wii have voice chat? Or is that DS?

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Well it looks more and more to me like we will have to wait for the next generation of consoles to rear their heads before nintendo gets the idea of voice chat approved across the boards.
    Although I'm sure it will be limited to only be used with registered friends and probably will be dubbed over t sound robotic just for extra safety measures.

I mean hell in the eyes of nintendo there isn't a gamer with an IQ over that of a 5 year old so obviously we're incapable of being trusted with voice chat unless it comes equipped with fire retardant, childproof safety locks.

If not for my love of classic games I would've scrapped my wii for a 360 by now.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    Well it looks more and more to me like we will have to wait for the next generation of consoles to rear their heads before nintendo gets the idea of voice chat approved across the boards.
    Although I'm sure it will be limited to only be used with registered friends and probably will be dubbed over t sound robotic just for extra safety measures.

I mean hell in the eyes of nintendo there isn't a gamer with an IQ over that of a 5 year old so obviously we're incapable of being trusted with voice chat unless it comes equipped with fire retardant, childproof safety locks.

If not for my love of classic games I would've scrapped my wii for a 360 by now.

Thats the thing though they know you can't trust gamers to "speak nice" online, and you Always hear some kinda trash talk witht he current online chat.

Now imagine grandma getting online to play some Mario Kart and some teenage kid starts swearing at her because she wont get outta the way. Well now she doesn't want to touch the Wii ever again. Now Nintendo starts to loose this large crowd of casual gamers that simply want to have fun. Not devote there life to playing games.

It's a buisness decision people, and based on the large varried audience on the Wii, it's a smart move because we all know how other online chat works. Get over it already they have annouced Voice chat is on the way. Will it be censored and protected "obviously" probably why its taking so long in the first place. They have to please a very large audience all at once, not just the "hardcore".

If you bought the Wii for these type of online features your pretty naive and probably should have researched all the consoles first. There was never a guarantee we would even get this type of feature in the first place.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Thats the thing though they know you can't trust gamers to "speak nice" online, and you Always hear some kinda trash talk witht he current online chat.

Now imagine grandma getting online to play some Mario Kart and some teenage kid starts swearing at her because she wont get outta the way. Well now she doesn't want to touch the Wii ever again. Now Nintendo starts to loose this large crowd of casual gamers that simply want to have fun. Not devote there life to playing games.

It's a buisness decision people, and based on the large varried audience on the Wii, it's a smart move because we all know how other online chat works. Get over it already they have annouced Voice chat is on the way. Will it be censored and protected "obviously" probably why its taking so long in the first place. They have to please a very large audience all at once, not just the "hardcore".

If you bought the Wii for these type of online features your pretty naive and probably should have researched all the consoles first. There was never a guarantee we would even get this type of feature in the first place.

yeah true but we aint exactly living in a paradise are we? every one has been exposed to swearing in the past. its not a taboo anymore like it used to be. for example, some 10 year olds that live on my street that swear like crazy. where i work, someone comes in one day and starts dropping f bombs every other sentance.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    LOL@voice chat Until the Wii gets socom I really don't see a reason. Good players don't need voice chat even in a game of quake. This was funny though. That guy is exactly why I don't want to hear any one while playing because all they do is cry and insult people. It's like taking a kids Halloween costume away, they have nothing to hide behind again. Also notice how no one is talking shit in the brawl tourney battles...LOL You talk with your play.

Then he says how the DS has voice chat. So how many hardcore gamers bashed the DS? How many of those guys still bash the DS? Really if the Wii had chat in it players like the link above would try to ruin the whole gamer for every one by saying racial slurs and calling every one faggots. Or either he would spend the whole match talking about PS3 or xbox 360 games...LOL. Voice chat is bad for the simple fact that people abuse it. Then yes you will have pedos on it but the A-holes far out weight the pedos and really would piss off new comers. Nintendo knows this and so do most of you but it just becomes another reason why you should like your Wii...LOL Seriously it's called mario cart not mario chat. It's called gaming not IMing. But I think the people who do want this are IRC/IM freaks am I right? The only thing I need from a Wii online version is good competition that can beat me. I mean really I turn off all voice communication in all my games so really you can just yell at your tv like how your where going to do any way. You would get the same response silence...LOL Voice chat in games was killed by xbox 360 owners and FPS players...LOL NO Voice chat is like muting a person road rage in person...LOL hilarious...

The SD card really is that bad for you guys? OK.... My main rotation is always loaded.

@Adamquest64 No thats the DS version there are even videos of kids using it.

Member #
    Friends
    6886-8046-5019-6808
    I would prefer to have no voice chat, in most cases. Though it would be kind of cool for friends and whatnot, you could probably play with them offline, anyways. With strangers, there would probably be trash-talking, swearing, et cetera...My little brother will probably play Brawl online, and I wouldn't want someone cussing him out. I don't mind not having voice chat.
    Current Wii/Virtual Console Games
    Dragon Quest Swords, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Sports, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Street Fighter II, Dungeon Explorer

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    yeah true but we aint exactly living in a paradise are we? every one has been exposed to swearing in the past. its not a taboo anymore like it used to be. for example, some 10 year olds that live on my street that swear like crazy. where i work, someone comes in one day and starts dropping f bombs every other sentance.
    I don't really have a problem with people swearing I have a problem with a holes hiding behind the web. They try their best to ruin a game by saying what ever instead of playing a good game. Seriously pros do not junk talk unless they know the person is not good. You will get people saying annoying stuff... just look at the web there are tons of examples of why you don't want to have voice chat with most of these guys. If I have the choice to turn off an F bomb user then I will do it even if he is a saint because I came to play not chat. I mean have a Wii lan party if you need voice chat so badly. Very easy to set up you know! People always play better in person than over the web. I understand you guys feel like they are censoring you but really these console have no mods almost and some games you can't even kick people. In PC gaming things are self governed yet console games are still figuring this out.

Seriously play more halo matches and FPS online on PC and console. These guys are very bad losers most of the time.

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    I agree that the worst thing is it's complained on Mario Kart.. give it a break. I can understand if it was a co-op FPS game where you'd need to communicate "6 O'clock, go go go!" type of thing. But this is racing.. what are you gonna talk about? "Oh that turn right there was awesome... right, so what games do you have.." yeah not important.

I think the mentality is competition (among the console) people wanna say "You have voicechat? Oh my Wii does too! I use it productively in you know.. racing games..."

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    I agree that the worst thing is it's complained on Mario Kart.. give it a break. I can understand if it was a co-op FPS game where you'd need to communicate "6 O'clock, go go go!" type of thing. But this is racing.. what are you gonna talk about? "Oh that turn right there was awesome... right, so what games do you have.." yeah not important.

I think the mentality is competition (among the console) people wanna say "You have voicechat? Oh my Wii does too! I use it productively in you know.. racing games..."
    see, thats the only thing that gets me excited about a headset. imagine playing mohh2 capture the flag and going to enemy base with your team and giving orders. add that with the wiimote realistic shooting and thats prolly the closese thing u will come to being in real army.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    see, thats the only thing that gets me excited about a headset. imagine playing mohh2 capture the flag and going to enemy base with your team and giving orders. add that with the wiimote realistic shooting and thats prolly the closese thing u will come to being in real army.
    Believe me no ones listens to orders...LOL Believe me I play quake wars and every thing and people always do their own thing.

Ads