LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think Nintendo should offer Online Storage. With a one time payment for certain limits, the company could allow wii owner the luxury of worry-free downloading and the hassle of "I don't have to re-download/delete it".

Point made.

Wii Games I Own:
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports
    Games I Plan to Buy Once I Return to the USA:
    Baroque, Fire Embelm: Radiant Dawn, Guitar Hero III, Mario Kart Wii, MLB 2K8, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tiger Woods '08

Member #
    Friends
    7718-0763-7712-7510
    online storage is all fine and dandy but what about people who dont have online access on thier wii or people who live in non internet enabled areas but dont get me wrong its a good idea.
    1 Wii console with Wii Sports
    2 Wimotes 1 Nunchuck
    Zelda: twilight princess, Excite truck(selling), Wii play
    Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid prime 3, Carnival Games, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Mysims

Wish List
    Zapper, Medal of honour Heroes 2, BRAWL , Wii fit

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Lol @ the online storage. It's already there, in a way. When you buy a VC game, you can download it. If you delete it, you can download it from their servers again since you bought it, basically acting as a online storage for VC games. That's the problem. If you don't have the space on your Wii and if the VC game you want to play at the time is not on your Wii, you must delete another game to find space and then you must download it.

Also, if you don't have access to the internet, you won't be able to buy VC games in the first place.

But I do sense an external hard drive in the future, however far away. 512mb is definitely not going to cut it and Ninty must give some options for heavy VC customers.

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    Quote Originally Posted by rjatkinson
    I think Nintendo should offer Online Storage. With a one time payment for certain limits, the company could allow wii owner the luxury of worry-free downloading and the hassle of "I don't have to re-download/delete it".

Point made.
    That is all already here and it's what everybody complains about. By downloading a title once, you can delete and re-download it for free. By downloading a lot of N64 games, you run out of room fast. People want to have their games permanently on their system and not decide which ones they should delete for the moment. Personally, I don't think the hard drive is a necessity as you can store quite a few games on the console before having to delete them and you're not going to be playing ten different games every day.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    What a terrible article.

How exactly did he "bust the myth" of Nintendo withholding production? I'm not saying that Nintendo is doing so. It doesn't matter here. But his conclusion does not follow his premises. In other words, just because Nintendo is selling tons of Wiis, that is no evidence that they aren't withholding production.

Regardless, that's not important here. What is important, though, is that this guy has absolutely no credibility.

The bleeped out profanity doesn't help either.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rjatkinson

Point made.
    So you want Nintendo to set up a system in which we can play games online? So, rather than having to download games and DLC to play/use them, we can just do it online?

I'm sorry, but that just does not work.

Say I want to use some DLC song packs for GH3. How would that work?

Sure, they could probably get away with online versions of old NES games. But then you'll have to sit through long loads. It'll just end up being a huge hassle for everyone, whereas a HDD would be more convenient for EVERYONE, Nintendo included.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    So you want Nintendo to set up a system in which we can play games online? So, rather than having to download games and DLC to play/use them, we can just do it online?

I'm sorry, but that just does not work.

Say I want to use some DLC song packs for GH3. How would that work?

Sure, they could probably get away with online versions of old NES games. But then you'll have to sit through long loads. It'll just end up being a huge hassle for everyone, whereas a HDD would be more convenient for EVERYONE, Nintendo included.
    DLC song packs would work like any other online storage content. That content would be streamed to the Wii as needed (or preferably just-before needed). I'm not saying I'm a fan of the idea but most of the people using the Wii's internet connection have some sort of broadband and could handle some decent bandwidth.

Back to the main point though, Nintendo hardware exists to sell Nintendo software. The third party sales are a nice plus and Nintendo may go out of their way on occasion to get that third party support but they're not designing hardware (or even firmware) around it. When Nintendo has a project that requires the kind of storage you can only get from a disk drive, you'll see support for a disk drive. And not until then. They don't plan their hardware any further out than their software takes them.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    @OP-
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    6093-3253-1341-7136
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Lol @ the online storage. It's already there, in a way. When you buy a VC game, you can download it. If you delete it, you can download it from their servers again since you bought it, basically acting as a online storage for VC games. That's the problem. If you don't have the space on your Wii and if the VC game you want to play at the time is not on your Wii, you must delete another game to find space and then you must download it.

Also, if you don't have access to the internet, you won't be able to buy VC games in the first place.

But I do sense an external hard drive in the future, however far away. 512mb is definitely not going to cut it and Ninty must give some options for heavy VC customers.
    The online method could work but i what happens but its a pain to download them back what happens when wiiwares comes out

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    What a terrible article.

How exactly did he "bust the myth" of Nintendo withholding production? I'm not saying that Nintendo is doing so. It doesn't matter here. But his conclusion does not follow his premises. In other words, just because Nintendo is selling tons of Wiis, that is no evidence that they aren't withholding production.

Regardless, that's not important here. What is important, though, is that this guy has absolutely no credibility.

The bleeped out profanity doesn't help either.
    totaly agree, he's just stating an already over stated fact, if he's so fed-up he should just make his own and get nintendo to let him use it
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Ads