LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Which is why you should never listen to MS/Sony/Nintendo people when they talk about other consoles or their own because they are biased.
    But he was saying good things about a rival's console... if he was biased he would say it sucked.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    The point is they are willing to say anything for or agenst a console when it comes to the money in there own pocket.

Being he is no longer with Sony he might have just said it to get in the good graces of Nintendo to open a door in the future for a career there aswell.

No matter what position he took at Atari it's a step back from a position at any of the "Big 3" console companys. Atari is a shadow of what it use to be it doesn't have a huge influence in the market anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    ^Exactly, I wasn't saying Phil was lying when he said that. I mean for when he was working for Sony. If someone at Sony says "PS3 bla bla bla" chances are he is lying to make Sony look good. Also if someone at Sony says "Wii bla bla bla" chances are he's going to try and talk down on the console. So you don't listen to them.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    I was apprehensive at first, but having control over your console sit lightly and comfortable just makes so much more sense than two handed gripping a small device double-handed in front of you.

The ability to use a single hand to work, only use two hands when necessary and even then having the freedom to move your arms and hands independently to your preference when it is necessary to play with both hands just make the Wii a joy to use. I still love my 360, but the Wii is my main console and my family console. I'm really only using my 360 for specific titles and occasionaly for some other LIVE content.
    I use my Wii to pop on and play for a bit, check the news and weather, and even skim my work email through my web browser at various times on nights and weekends so I don't have to tie myself to my desktop PC or drag a laptop around if not necessary.

With all honesty, there's may reasons that the technologically weakest console on the market also controls the market right now...and Wii-mote is one of those reasons.

ScuzzBuster
    Old Skool Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuzzBuster
    I was apprehensive at first, but having control over your console sit lightly and comfortable just makes so much more sense than two handed gripping a small device double-handed in front of you.

The ability to use a single hand to work, only use two hands when necessary and even then having the freedom to move your arms and hands independently to your preference when it is necessary to play with both hands just make the Wii a joy to use. I still love my 360, but the Wii is my main console and my family console. I'm really only using my 360 for specific titles and occasionaly for some other LIVE content.
    I use my Wii to pop on and play for a bit, check the news and weather, and even skim my work email through my web browser at various times on nights and weekends so I don't have to tie myself to my desktop PC or drag a laptop around if not necessary.

With all honesty, there's may reasons that the technologically weakest console on the market also controls the market right now...and Wii-mote is one of those reasons.
    THANK YOU!! I'm tired of fanboys who just don't seem to understand human nature. "Why use motion controls when pushing a button works too?", "motion controls is teH sUxXorZZ", "But the PS3 controls is OMG teH GraphiXX!!" blah blah F***in' blah.

You have to wonder about Phil though. What do you think would have happened if he said this when he was still employed by Sony?? And how long do you think he's felt this way??

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    .You have to wonder about Phil though. What do you think would have happened if he said this when he was still employed by Sony?? And how long do you think he's felt this way??
    Maybe, Could be why hes no longer employed there.. ha ha

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    THANK YOU!! I'm tired of fanboys who just don't seem to understand human nature. "Why use motion controls when pushing a button works too?", "motion controls is teH sUxXorZZ", "But the PS3 controls is OMG teH GraphiXX!!" blah blah F***in' blah.

You have to wonder about Phil though. What do you think would have happened if he said this when he was still employed by Sony?? And how long do you think he's felt this way??
    I hear SO MANY PEOPLE use the excuse "The motion controls aren't that good anyway, and the graphics suck." (Or "73H M0710N C0N7R0L5 5UCK50R5 4ND 73H GR4PH1C5 4R3 W0R53 7H4N J00R M0M 1N B3D!!!!1111")

Although neither are true, some Wii games have terrific graphics and as long as your aren't standing right in front of the TV the motion controls are fine, it's the innovation that makes the system great. You can actually aim PHYSICALLY in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, you can PHYSICALLY push someone down in Madden 08, you can PHYSICALLY slice enemies in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's those things that make the Wii more innovative than any other system in the history of gaming.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoSSBB
    I hear SO MANY PEOPLE use the excuse "The motion controls aren't that good anyway, and the graphics suck." (Or "73H M0710N C0N7R0L5 5UCK50R5 4ND 73H GR4PH1C5 4R3 W0R53 7H4N J00R M0M 1N B3D!!!!1111")

Although neither are true, some Wii games have terrific graphics and as long as your aren't standing right in front of the TV the motion controls are fine, it's the innovation that makes the system great. You can actually aim PHYSICALLY in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, you can PHYSICALLY push someone down in Madden 08, you can PHYSICALLY slice enemies in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's those things that make the Wii more innovative than any other system in the history of gaming.
    You no, I'm starting to remember something. It was fairly innovative, but it didn't do so well because it was an accessory with few games. No wait, a few things before Wii. Remember the Dreamcast if you had all the accessorys it was a Wii. Oh yeah remember that thing for the Playstation 2, what was it called, oh yeah the eye toy. Those both were had good grafix, I don't see why Nintendo couldn't to motion controls and grafix.
    Last edited by wdoublei; 03-03-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    i have always liked the wiimote

first time i held it:

"this is small"
    "yeah it is pretty small......"
    "......"
    "........"
    "perfect size!"
    "you said it was too small"
    "i know"
    ".."
    *turns on wii sports*
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by wdoublei
    You no, I'm starting to remember something. It was fairly innovative, but it didn't do so well because it was an accessory with few games. No wait, a few things before Wii. Remember the Dreamcast if you had all the accessorys it was a Wii. Oh yeah remember that thing for the Playstation 2, what was it called, oh yeah the eye toy. Those both were had good grafix, I don't see why Nintendo couldn't to motion controls and grafix.
    LOL! You're just kidding right?

Ads