LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bottom
    The Gamecube sold more worldwide than the 360 has at present.
    To be fair, the Gamecube does have the ever so slight advantage of having being out for the past six or seven years...

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Cloverfield's biggest fan M4573RM1ND's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0746-0660-3187-3697
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles

3rd. DLC/Voice chat Both these features are on the way to the Wii, and are followed by the Pay-to Play announcement, hopefully it is done well, lets not bash before something is seen just for the sake of it.
    Although it may not be the best online this is Nintendos first Real attempt at online play besides the DS handheld. Its been 16 Months now.. cut them some slack jesus..lol
    its been 16 months. There is NO excuse. Seriously, the freaking Wii remote RUNS ON BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY. There is no reason that they haven't made a headset already! It could be made overnight if they wanted to! and I want to see your source saying that the headset technology is on the way.
    |ZTP|MP3|Red Steel|GH3|BWii|

BWii- 292 173 525 417
    Brawl- 3179-5744-6744
    MOHH2: Meistergemut

PM me if you add me!

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by M4573RM1ND
    its been 16 months. There is NO excuse. Seriously, the freaking Wii remote RUNS ON BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY. There is no reason that they haven't made a headset already! It could be made overnight if they wanted to! and I want to see your source saying that the headset technology is on the way.
    Wow learn to read before you even start to make demands!

Did I mention a Headset? No I said Voice chat has been confirmed. If they use a headset like with the DS, or some kind of speaker phone like rumored who knows. I was talking about the Voice chat itself not what your gonna have to use it.

Besides that there are plenty of reason for them not to release Voice Chat yet.

1. They had no previous setup for it, or any type of online for a console for that matter untill the Wii, they offered online capabilities with the GC but only 4 games used it and they had there own dedicated 3rd party servers outside of Nintendo, they themself had nothing to do with online besides the technology itself to get the system online. i.e. zero experience. Trying to toss something out with the veteran Xbox Live and even battling Sony for voice support from the start would have been stupid. They wouldn't have came close to todays standards for Voice, They barely get by with "child proof" Online play itself.

2. Voice chat on the other consoles usually get a little out of hand, i.e. Swearing,racial remarks,harrasment... This is not the type of thing " Family Friendly" Nintendo wants all the new gamers to walk into and get upset with. Sure Wii Sports is fun, but lets say it was online and had voice from the start. So grandma buys a Wii hops online to play bowling with the grandkids but they arnt online yet so she goes to a random game. Now she has someone swearing at her online and making crude remarks and she never wants to touch a video game again! yep by by sales Nintendo.

3. They know they can't just limit it to Friends codes and call it good, thats to easy of an out and no one would really use the voice chat if that was the case. So they have to figure out a way to keep "grandma" and the "hardcore" happy all using the same system. Go for it tell me how you would do it and how easy it would be! Because it wouldn't be at all. You would have to work with 3rd party devs and come up with a system they agree on to make the majority of customers happy and try not to single anyone out.

I persoanlly think they should limit the voice chat by game rattings, so for EC,E,E10+ all have to have a friend codes to use voice chat. The T,M, AO all have free range voice chat with no friends codes. If parents or adults who bought the system want to complain then its there own fault for not reading the rating system and the fact it could contain that type of content. Give Nintendo an easy out that will keep everyone happy, maybe upset a few but not the huge numbers if they were to go to one extream or the other. Still they would have to get 3rd party online games to support the same setup if its to work.

Whatever they decide will come out when Pay to Play hits around this summer, They have already picked the direction they want to go we just have to wait and see what that is.
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1187-4697-8660-7282
    Wii owns no questions asked

Thanks for the sweet sig Idjut!!!
    MoH:H2 persona: WOAguitar
    BRAWL FC: 0387 8579 8928

Ads